Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: La Paz Hotels
Dusty

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 06:54 AM
La Paz Hotels

Hi, looking for a good hotel in La Paz, close to Highway 1, with Secure parking. Only staying one night.
Any suggestions?
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 09:50 AM

AIRBNB. If you speak Spanish accommodations are much cheaper than those in English.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 10:49 AM

Costa Baja is the top hotel in La Paz. The place is very nice, especially their suites.

[Edited on 7-25-2018 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 05:10 PM

Think you gotta go into downtown/Centro. Nuthin on Hwy ! I know of but google ...Casa Azul and Casa Buena. You must be headed to Cabo?!
TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 05:20 PM

Paradise Hotel near the airport. Good parking, nice rooms and a good restaurant.
Warf
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2018 at 05:26 PM

Casa Kootenay in La Posada. Close to everything. A nice B&B run by a great lady.

La Pazadise
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 07:02 AM

welcome to bajanomads, Dusty!

if you haven't stayed and roamed around the malecon, you really should! it is a gem of a town.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 10:27 AM

Good morning,
Picked up on this older thread, we are going to LaPaz in a couple of weeks for Dentist along with just getting away.
We have stayed at Casa Buena with Milton for several years and have had very good luck there. Taking some newer freinds down and thought we might try something else so if you have something let us know.. 3 or 4 couples probably.
Milton has always been a good host and the price is right but maybe kind of rustico for some of the new friends.
Let us know what you have experienced.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 11:40 AM

Hyatt Place at Costa Baja , overlooks the marina and SOC . Clean ,great staff and unbelievable breakfast each and every day. Hard to beat. But , if you want to experience something smaller, local and quaint then you need to stay closer to town.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 12:13 PM

many of the proposed hotels are next to the highway and noisy
or, like in the case of Costa Baja, a bit out of town.

Quiet, downtown and super safe parking:
Hotel Catedral - http://www.hotelcatedral.mx/
Hotel 7 Crown - https://www.sevencrownhotels.com/seven-crown-la-paz-centro.h...

Harald Pietschmann
Warf
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 03:10 PM

La Concha, about a mile or so past the end of the Malecon.

https://www.laconcha.com/en

La Pazadise
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lengua  
Hyatt Place at Costa Baja , overlooks the marina and SOC . Clean ,great staff and unbelievable breakfast each and every day. Hard to beat. But , if you want to experience something smaller, local and quaint then you need to stay closer to town.

Hyatt is good for the price. Have stayed there several times. Plus close to all the good stuff at Costa Baja. The sushi restaurant near there is by far the best in Baja.

Definitely more of a corporate hotel though and not on the same level as a suite at CB.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

john68
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 03:43 PM

Hotel Catedral.

Underground parking, great breakfast, easy walking to many of the best restaurants.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2019 at 06:18 PM

My neighbors
www.bandbhaciendaparaisodelapaz.com

In Memory of E-57
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2019 at 09:56 PM

thanks for the input folks, much appreciated.

We will check them out and see what we want to do.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 1-26-2019 at 12:57 PM
Downtown hotel

There is or was a downtown hotel Wendy & I had stayed for years when in LaPaz. It closed and stayed closed as a result of union difficulties. It also had an annex up the street, Is that reopened. They had great parking. Loved the personnel. Loved the food and the location. If it's reopened. What is it now called?
Fond memories of our many visits of LaPaz. How come no one mentioned the "No Tell Motel" as you entered town off the highway. Loved the 'drive into garages' walk into your room. A revolving tray that services couild place booze and I don't know what else without seeing who you were.
Great idea.. Beds were good. Rooms then were clean. I think mirrors on the ceiling were an interesting touch.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2019 at 01:49 PM

The closed hotel was the Los Arcos. Still closed as far as I know. Loved the 3rd story room facing the water. Christmas of 1989 was the greatest. All the sail boats were lit up with Christmas lights and lots of Santas walking around. Just down the street from the hotel there was a triangle shaped block where people had put lots of gifts for kids and a big party broke out that night, I believe it was Christmas eve. For me it was a Christmas never to forget.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 1-26-2019 at 02:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Phil S  
There is or was a downtown hotel Wendy & I had stayed for years when in LaPaz. It closed and stayed closed as a result of union difficulties. It also had an annex up the street, Is that reopened. They had great parking. Loved the personnel. Loved the food and the location. If it's reopened. What is it now called?
Fond memories of our many visits of LaPaz. How come no one mentioned the "No Tell Motel" as you entered town off the highway. Loved the 'drive into garages' walk into your room. A revolving tray that services couild place booze and I don't know what else without seeing who you were.
Great idea.. Beds were good. Rooms then were clean. I think mirrors on the ceiling were an interesting touch.

several Notels at the major roads in and out of town. All clean, quiet, all inexpensive.

Harald Pietschmann
Whiskey Witch
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2019 at 06:11 AM
La Paz Hotels

we like Hyatt Place but La Catedral downtown looks very interesting. Los Arcos has been closed since at least 2011.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-17-2019 at 03:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Costa Baja is the top hotel in La Paz. The place is very nice, especially their suites.

[Edited on 7-25-2018 by JZ]

Is this worth visiting? I’ve been recommended to go there, eat there and absolutely stay there, although I will stay where I booked, by many.
I’ve always hit the accelerator when passing due to my aversion to “ I could be anywhere” hotels.
Quite frankly I am getting sick of people telling me to stay there but honestly, is it some place I should visit and am I being close minded?
Hate to shoot a place down based on photos. And preconceived notions.

[Edited on 5-17-2019 by Mother of Dragons]
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.