BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7
Author: Subject: Mexico, Canada insist on three-way deal as NAFTA talks resume
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 07:07 PM
Mexico, Canada insist on three-way deal as NAFTA talks resume

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mexico-canada-insist-on-thr...
BajaGlenn
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 08:14 PM

I say build a wall on both borders--:fire:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-26-2018 at 09:18 PM

Mexico and Canada can insist all they want, but trump will only do what Putin says. Did Putin approve 3 way talks?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
7-27-2018 at 08:32 AM
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 09:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGlenn  
I say build a wall on both borders--:fire:

I'm all for it, if it includes the Alaska/Yukon border! It would not make any difference that matters, and would bring so many jobs to the area that Canada would probably want a wall also. :light::biggrin:

I might even come out of retirement for that one, and by the way, Alsakans are already major players in the border security business;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/local/alaska-native-corporati...

Edited to include sarcasm smiles (as suggested by Ged)

[Edited on 7-27-2018 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 09:52 AM

A wall, eh?! Well, if it keeps Trumpsters out of Canada, I guess it's a good idea :lol::lol::lol:

Gary....please explain why you think it's a good idea.....and why you think Canadians would think it's a good idea?

Especially when you say " It would not make any difference that matters". ...

And to build a wall as a job creation project totally misconstrues the gesture/intent.

Don't believe everything you think....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 09:55 AM

Ged, which of the smiles would indicate pure sarcasm? And beside that, can you imagine me turning in an honest days work again?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
... can you imagine me turning in an honest days work again?

...Perhaps not....but you don't need to turn off your brain ...:light::biggrin:

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 12:39 PM

Hey Ged......have time to check your CA immigration notes yet?

Seems they do the SAME exact thing as US agents do......interdict smugglers of all sorts....

Agreed?

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 01:35 PM

.... and your point is....?

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 03:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
.... and your point is....?

You told me a while back, on my Q of the CA immigration system, you had to check your "notes" on how they operate, in comparison to the US system.

You were at the time, beating up the US system regarding illegal immigration during a tepid debate of the subject here.
I had asked you about this and if it's any different than the CA system.

You told me to google it and find out. You either forgot or pimped me off with "I have to check my notes", as you did not have this info right on the top of your head.

I took you at your word, that you indeed knew about the CA system, just not at your fingertips at the time.

Now, sometime later and another Motoged participant of CA/US immigration issues has come up here. Your statement of "Trumpsters can stay out of CA", I thought it was a good time to revisit your knowledge of the CA immigration systems to see if they parallel the US system......concerning mainly, the entry of undocumented persons, at a POE or in the hinterlands someplace along the CA/US borders.

I don't know if your were being facetious with me or not about those "notes".....
I hope you had been serious and could relay to me their enforcement actions.

I wanted to see if a CA citizen could tell me some basic differences in the way they protect the border in CA, versus how the US protects their borders.

If you didn't know at the time of the "notes" comment, it's ok. This is not a jury trial.
Just say so.

Please keep the snide and snarky comments to yourself.

A simple "Yes, I know about the CA system" or "No I don't" will be fine.

If "yes I know"...can you be so kind as to relay that knowledge and how it differs from the US system, so one can draw a sliver of a clue of how a person can berate the US system, yet have virtually the same in their home country in North America.....if that is in fact, the case.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 04:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Seems they do the SAME exact thing as US agents do......interdict smugglers of all sorts....

Agreed?

I didn't know the CA system, kidnaps young immigrant children, and separates them from their parents like the US system!

Same thing DaliDali, really?

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 04:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Agreed?

I didn't know the CA system, kidnaps young immigrant children, and separates them from their parents like the US system!

Same policy under Obama....
Jump the fence.....get busted....NO kids allowed
Same as anywhere......get busted.....go to jail.....NO kids.

Kidnap?....holy chit Joe.....you're out of your ever loving mind.
"concentration camps.....photos from the Obama rein

Opps

[Edited on 8-23-2018 by DaliDali]

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by DaliDali]

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 05:05 PM

DD,
Do your own research on Canadian immigration laws and practices is what I suggested you do.....

Do you really think I would run off and take notes to respond to your inflexible thinking? Or that I would research the project to get into a dead-end conversation here?

If I had to explain how Canadian officials handle immigration....you might not get it....

JJJ gets it

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 05:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
DD,
Do your own research on Canadian immigration laws and practices is what I suggested you do.....

Do you really think I would run off and take notes to respond to your inflexible thinking? Or that I would research the project to get into a dead-end conversation here?

If I had to explain how Canadian officials handle immigration....you might not get it....

JJJ gets it

Then why on earth did you pimp me off with the "I will have to check my notes"?

Leading a reasonable person to conclude, you would get back with those "notes" and a response.

I was being serious....I wanted to know what your idea of CA immigration was and how it differs from the US.

No harm...no foul.
I will chalk it up to you just don't know.

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by DaliDali]

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 06:11 PM

E-verify is an "electronic wall", with it as the law you don't need a physical wall.
Will it ever be law to use E-verify nationwide, hell NO its too simple and both political parties loose
Pablum for the masses on TV to make sure it never happens.

Es Todo Bueno
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 08:38 AM

A 3 way deal sounds ok to me....

Mexico and Canada can sell their goods into the US if there is a market for them and the US can sell their goods to them if there is a market.

The sticking points are how much are you going to charge the US in tariffs for your goods and how much is the US going to charge you for your goods.

The US paying upwards of 30% tariffs for MX or CA goods brought in, and then the US only charging MX and CA less than 5% is NOT a fair deal.

Same deal with Asian countries...they charge the US hefty tariffs for our cars going there and then expect us to pay their full freight tariffs for cars the US imports.

The current administration is on the right track...
Make it fair.......you charge me $50 bucks......I charge you $50 bucks......or just zero it out.......FREE trade.....imagine that.

For decades, markets have been screaming some foreign countries are jacking the USA up badly on trade....
Now along come a President who wants to do something about that imbalance and some people just go nuts.:(:(

Some don't like it screaming "protectionism"
While CA and MX and other countries do their own version of this protectionism and no one bats an eye.
:?::?::?:

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 12:17 PM

It looks like DaliDali, has been reading "Breitbart," because there is so much wrong information, I wouldn't know where to start to correct him, especially when he doesn't provide any links where he is getting his information from.

The bottom line is trade wars, are like real wars, there are rarely any winners, and mostly everybody loses. We will all lose in Trump's trade wars.

Most US CEO's are against Trump's trade war, as are most Economists in the US and around the world......and then you have Trump, and his hardcore 25% base, like DailDali, who stands behind Trump's trade war.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 12:40 PM

A 3 way deal sounds ok to me....

Make it fair.......you charge me $50 bucks......I charge you $50 bucks.....
The current administration is on the right track...
.or just zero it out.......FREE trade.....imagine that.

Some don't like it screaming "protectionism"
While CA and MX and other countries do their own version of this protectionism and no one bats an eye.
:?::?::?:

Well,
Your boy in the WH (not for long....) started the trade war....Canada responded with well-identified equivalent responses....so there is your tit-for-tat response you applaud:
"Make it fair.......you charge me $50 bucks......I charge you $50 bucks.....".
Products taxed by Canada are those mainstays manufactured in Trump states....so the Canadian response was at least better researched and targeted than Trump's :light:

A fair number of US businesses have been negatively affected by US tariffs.....

You can google that, so please don't suggest I feed you "my notes".... just copy and paste "us businesses hurt by trump trade war"....

a hint: farmers , Harley Davidson, car and boat manufacturers

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by motoged]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 12:49 PM

Isn't it you and me, the consumers, who end up paying for the tariffs placed on imported goods?

Great idea. :(

or this:

"Harley-Davidson plans to shift a portion of its U.S. motorcycle manufacturing capacity to foreign markets after a trade spat between President Donald Trump and the European Union led to increased tariffs."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/06/25/harley-david...

Yup, Trump is bringing jobs back.........sure.

BTW, I bought a pair of shorts yesterday. The tag says they were made in Jordan. I guess Chinese labor is getting too expensive, or maybe a Chinese company opened shop in Jordan to get around tariffs.

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Agreed?

At what point would the Canadians have an opportunity to doing that, JJJ? As the illegals get off the boat or the airplane with all their kids and possessions from Latin America?

Your arguments have holes big enough to roll a Catavina boulder through.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.