Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7
Author: Subject: Mexico, Canada insist on three-way deal as NAFTA talks resume
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-1-2018 at 10:39 AM

Meanwhile.....back on topic about NAFTA.....

"Made in America" chant difficult to substantiate....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/armstrong-autos-tariffs-toyota-rav4-1.4805236

Where is your vehicle made?

Don't believe everything you think....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2018 at 11:19 AM

Made in North America is fine with me.

I had to chuckle at the way the article ended.

"Undoing or even complicating that process will rattle an entire industry and add thousands of dollars to the cost of a vehicle.

Which is why DesRosiers can't understand why the Trump administration would even consider going down that path.

"You'd need an absolute idiot in Washington to do that," he says."

[Edited on 9-1-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 9-1-2018 at 11:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
The education system is burdened. I believe it's from .81 cents out of every dollar spent on education going to teachers/unions. With only .19 cents actually going to the schools, supplies and infrastructure, I think getting rid of the Public Sector Teachers Union should be the first step.

In addition, I think house & apartment renters with kids in school should pay an additional tax going to the school district that they attend that can't be siphoned off by union negotiations, it can only be used for infrastructure, supplies.

Oh, and put a time limit on welfare, forcing the massive percentage of healthy workers back into the private sector workforce. California moochers receives 1/3 of all the welfare checks in the United States. That's just pathetic. If you can't find a job in CA, move.

Yes, Timinator, back up your data with links, so we could all see where you are getting your information from, and while Keeping in mind payroll, is probably the biggest expense in most businesses.

The date I show, different school districts, spend somewhere between between $7000 and $10,000 per student, but they don't mention teachers, so that's probably included.

There should not be any special tax for just students, because if that was a case, then there should also be a special tax for drunks, who spend tax dollars indirectly by ending up in jail, or getting in accidents.

The GOP, talked about that welfare to work program, they wanted to try again, but for some reason, the GOP wanted it to happen in only urban neighborhoods but wanted to exclude poor white people in the midwest who are living in places like trailer parks, while wearing caps, saying, "make America great again. I guess the GOP didn't want their constituents mad at them for forcing them to go to work for their welfare.

tobianogreg
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2018 at 07:52 AM

Canada = mid-term roadkill.

[Edited on 9-2-2018 by tobianogreg]
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.