Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7
Author: Subject: Mexico, Canada insist on three-way deal as NAFTA talks resume
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 02:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

I might even come out of retirement for that one, and by the way, Alsakans are already major players in the border security business

Can't Sarah Palin see Russia from her house?

John
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

At what point would the Canadians have an opportunity to doing that, JJJ? As the illegals get off the boat or the airplane with all their kids and possessions from Latin America?

Your arguments have holes big enough to roll a Catavina boulder through.

Uhhhhh....NO.....

Research a bit shows not all illegal immigrants come from Mexico....some are fleeing the USA:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/theres-a-perception-that-canada-is-being-invaded/561032/

https://torontosun.com/news/national/undocumented-immigrants-get-help-fleeing-trumps-america-to-canada

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/13/world/canada/quebec-immigrants-haitians.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-how-donald-trump-threw-canadas-refugee-system-into-turmoil/

Don't believe everything you think....
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 03:43 PM

You lied to me Ged....I took you at your word about the notes.

The respect I once had for you has vanished...punked down the road as just another angry liberal from CA, who interferes in the politics of a county not his own.

Of course.....forget the beers now Ged. Your continued snarks and digs is not appreciated....especially when I have responded to your every comment with decency and in a friendly spirit.

I won't tolerate lies Ged.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 03:58 PM

Speaking of Canada and lies..................

http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

:saint::lol::dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 04:50 PM
NO!!

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I might even come out of retirement for that one, and by the way, Alsakans are already major players in the border security business

John

Actually she said "You can see Russia from my state"
But then, who these days is trying to be accurate in quoting....
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

John

"I can see Russia from my house" Tina Fey.....priceless!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  

John

Since some people cannot tell the difference between Tina and Sarah it says a lot about how much to believe what is being repeated as truth.

"I can see Russia from my house" Tina Fey.....priceless!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 06:29 PM

Well this has nothing to do with a US, Canada, and Mexico three way (a creepy term anyway) but we are already way off topic!

It is only two and a half miles between Little Diomede Island (US) and Big Diomede Island (USSR)! You cross the international dateline in the process, and there are communities on both Islands that visit relatives tomorrow, and yesterday with a short boat ride!

I worked on Saint Lawrence Island for a while, and when we flew out of Gamble, you could see the Chukchi Penninsula 36 miles northwest of us.

[Edited on 8-25-2018 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 08:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Gee, I hope you get over it...

That last post was not my "notes"....just a few minutes cutting and pasting urls in response to a different poster....

No lies here.....not like your ayatollah ....

I figured you would scribble something like this

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Gee, I hope you get over it...

That last post was not my "notes"....just a few minutes cutting and pasting urls in response to a different poster....

No lies here.....not like your ayatollah ....

I figured you would scribble something like this

You could have simply said..."I don't really know the in's and outs of the CA immigration system and I would have accepted that.

You chose to be a smart azz and pimp me off with the snarky comment "I will check my notes".....when you had no intention of checking notes.

You couldn't be a man and just admit it could you Ged?
You took the low road.....to get in another dig because you disagree with my views.

Frankly, I am ashamed for you that you feel obliged to stick me in the eye at every turn.

In the end....you're a liar......and you pimped it off with a :):) as to feign a joke......

I am really disappointed that you have chosen the path of more snarks and digs....all because you feel the need to dig on Trump supporters.

Good night liar Ged.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 11:12 PM

:rolleyes: :yawn:

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 11:10 AM

I guess Ged is the 4th snarky, nogood, disruptive, SOB.... How many others are there?
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 02:37 PM

John

I was using Tina Fey's SNL parody as a quote. Maybe they did not show a clip on Fox News.

John

[Edited on 8-25-2018 by John Harper]
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 10:44 PM

It's unfortunate that so many of these Latin American countries are in such a shambles, Ged.

But we are a country that has let the most immigrants in of ANY country in the history of the world. Pardon us for asking that potential immigrants abide by our laws, now. We have always asked that, actually. The Irish and the Germans and the Italians and Eastern Europeans did in the past, when they wanted out of their countries.

We currently have over 47 million immigrants in the US. That's not counting the millions that came here during the great immigration waves of the past century, who are now dead.

That's about 19% of the total number of immigrants IN THE WORLD. In one country. We admit approximately 1.1 million each year, legally.

Canada admits around 300k each year.

Our methods have certainly toughened under The Orange One. Many of these methods, like the separation of families, are draconian. But the deportations started in earnest under Obama. So much so that the numbers being detained went from 850k in the mid 2000s to around 300k now. Obama is the all-time leader in deportations, by far. It's not the open border it used to be.

I consider myself a liberal, but I have no problem with this. Laws are laws. I cant pick and choose the ones I want to obey. Their situation is horrid, no doubt. But there is a limit to what we can do. And our methods should remain humane. Apparently, The Orange One doesn't think so. He's using it as a pre-emptive deterrent, I guess.

BTW, The Wall is a stupid idea, IMO.

Of course, these numbers entering illegally into the US are far in excess of the illegal entries into Canada, in the articles you posted.

Canada is SO fortunate to have the US as a buffer against this tide of unfortunate humanity. They can shed tears for the unfortunates, and all the while chastise the US, because Canada knows it really will never have to walk in our immigration shoes, in this area. Geographic distances from the unfortunates, prevent it. So does a more stringent entry policy on our part.

And, really, any recent increase in undocumenteds/illegals trying to get into Canada from the US are being fed by the estimated 11.5 million illegals in the US, as well. It's not just recent crossers trying to pass through the US. It's ones that managed to get into the US over the years, too.

Think about that. 11.5 million. About a third of the population of all of Canada.

Basically, the US border filters probably 90+% of potential illegal immigrants who MIGHT want to go to Canada from Latin America. If you look at what countries Canadian immigrants, living in Canada, are from, Mexico ranked 23rd, with only 1.07% in 2016.

The countries where Canada has allowed the most immigrants from are where well-to-do immigrants come from. The top five are India, China, Phillipines, UK.........and the US of A. These are people arriving with money;
based on the number of business-owning Chinese and Indians I have seen in Canada. There are six Europeans countries with more immigrants in Canada than any Latin American country, too.

Latin American immigration (the big US immigration problem) into Canada is so low, why bother talking about it, in terms of this discussion?

But.... if Canada would like to announce to Latin America that they will take all those who try and cross the border, illegally, into the US and spend the money to process and transport them, like we have to, I am sure the majority of Americans would be willing to accept that generous offer. Make it retroactive to some of the 11.5 million, too.

But they're gonna need warmer clothing than they have............. :lol:

Trudeau says he'll take any and all asylum seekers. But he knows that so few of these Latin American unfortunates can actually get to his border. Not that he wants THOSE types of immigrants, of course. So, he is safe in saying it, even though, according to the articles you posted, Ged, there is a growing disdain for illegal immigration among Canadians, too. It's reversed in four years.

Will Trudeau determine that illegal immigrants from Latin American (or from anywhere) qualify for asylum because the US has decided to more forcefully enforce their laws? Does that qualify for asylum? Maybe he will. I doubt it. They arent well-to-dos.

However, the Toronto Sun article also indicates that 40% of asylum seekers are rejected by Canada and Canadian officials warn that that number will be increasing. Hmmm........that sounds familiar.

And I see the leader of one of your political parties in Quebec has actually suggested, in all seriousness, building a wall along the southern Quebec border. I think I've heard that idea somewhere, too.

Yes, it's unfortunate that so many of these Latin American countries are in such a shambles, Ged.

But very fortunate for Canada that we are between you and they.

[Edited on 8-26-2018 by Hook]
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 06:14 AM

Trump, Trump, Trump so many of you just don't look at data and facts. His sanctions on Russia are the stiffest since the cold war. And still, the only collusion with Russia that's for sure, was Hillary and the DNC hiring Russian spy's and it was all covered up by Obummer. You don't want to be split up from your kids, quit sneaking into a country illegally. It's not like you didn't know what would happen. Oh, and poor Canada who couldn't afford healthcare or anything else if the United States didn't protect you and buffer you from the illegal immigration from the south. If you think $15 for six pac of beer is high, try funding a real military and see what $50 a six pac tastes like.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 07:17 AM

Yeah right, Tim, it's Hillary, who was in bed with Puntin, not Trump, and Trump, is actually tough on Puntin, which proves Puntin, doesn't have those tapes of Trump's in the hotel room with two Russian hookers, and soon Hillary will be behind bars. ( lock her up)

Anyway, that's what Sean Hanitty, at "Fox News" says.

Tim, are you a liberal like Hook?

Hook, claims he is a liberal, and then goes on sounding exactly like Trump, by saying, " Latin American countries are in such a shambles, and are a tide of unfortunate humanity, that's about equal to Trump, calling Black nations, "s-hole, countries.

But then Hook, reserves his contempt the most against Canada, in post after post on "BN" for some weird reasons.

Hook, even makes excuses for Trump's extremely harsh immigration system, which also was separating children from their parents, by claiming Obama, started it all, when that's not even close, especially towards Obama's last years in office, when he had ICE stop splitting up families and instead focus on undocumented aliens with serious criminal records.

I could go on and on, about Hook's inaccurate narrow immigration rant, but rather re-post on of Hook's hold posts in 2016, when he looks almost ready to stand behind Trump, and seemed rather optimistic that Trump, would make a viable option to Hillary.

Boy was Hook so wrong, and back in 2016, JoeJustJoe, was for Hillary, and though Trump, would be a disaster on so many levels, but then again, I'm a real liberal.

Hook wrote: "Only a person as unethical as Hillary could make a buffoon like Trump seem like a viable option.

This will be interesting. In 44 previous presidents, we have never had an outsider quite like Trump. He was neither a politician, nor a military man.

More than anything, this was a vote against the political establishment ."

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

Our methods have certainly toughened under The Orange One. Many of these methods, like the separation of families, are draconian. But the deportations started in earnest under Obama. So much so that the numbers being detained went from 850k in the mid 2000s to around 300k now. Obama is the all-time leader in deportations, by far. It's not the open border it used to be.

Obama was faced with the same dilemma during the Central American crash of the border scene during his term also.
His administration also separated families....out of need, due to the overwhelming surge of crossers.
Yes, not to the degree that Trump took during the last surge.
But it still took place.
It was very difficult to determine what kid belonged to who and was that adult actually their parent or not, and if not, how to ID and make the call if that adult can safely provide for that kid.

I don't recall the attacks on Obama or his admin for the separation of families during his mass illegal immigration crisis.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/did-the-obama-administrati...

Trump wanted to place enforcement of the law at the border, a top priority and also send a signal to future crossers, don't do it.
End one of the "magnets" that make people want to cross illegally from the get go.
Refugees seeking asylum in the USA can apply for that asylum at any POE with the agents there.
It's the right way to do it and it a legal way to get to the USA and get a slice of that asylum. Not fan out to the east someplace and get smuggled in or jump, and then wait for the BP to round you up....

To call Trumps measures draconian, and not include the caveat that Obama had to do the very same thing, is disingenuous and smacks of rank politics, when it shouldn't be.
Everyone, liberal or conservative should be concerned about the legal and accepted manner of immigration into the USA.

One of the reasons Obama deportation numbers were high was his directives were to stop illegal crossers, detain them, and once the background checks were ran, release them while still inside the USA and count that as a deportation.
Releasing while still inside the USA, with orders to go back into MX is pretty much useless.
Commonly called."catch and release".
On the ground BP agents were furious about this at the time....they were spinning their wheels.
Rather than catch them, detain them, process them, feed them and house them, it seems far more "budget" friendly to stop them in the first place or drastically slow it all down.

This is one of the main objectives of the current border security push, along with the increased safety of the people who live in the USA legally.
I am trying to get my head around that the costs to provide a greater measure of safety and security for American citizens and legal residents can be equated with a monetary cost.
Obama didn't have a problem paying for shovel ready jobs with nearly a trillion dollar stimulus package, offering widely expanded food stamp coverage and free healthcare via ObamaCare.

Just sayin..

Yes, by most measures, the illegal crossings are down.
Either the Mexican economy has improved to where the need to seek economic relief in the USA is no longer a "magnet" or the border enforcement methods have thwarted most, except for the most hardy, of which some are criminals.
Every illegal crosser is not just a poor dirt farmer from Mexico wanting to have a better life, as some have recently found out the hard way....DEAD.

And would you call Obama "The Black One" in an otherwise normal conversation?

[Edited on 8-26-2018 by DaliDali]

[Edited on 8-26-2018 by DaliDali]

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 09:28 AM

Separate the family's, do it. I have no problem with it. They know it will happen and still decide it's worth it. So, our policies aren't to blame, the ILLEGAL CROSSER'S are and the liberal media that supports them.

I cringe every time Trump opens his mouth, but his results speak louder than his words, and results is all I care about. The liberals in the United States are the biggest hypocrites in the history of the word, I pay them zero attention, about as much as their poles.

Oh, and YES, the only evidence of collusion that has been found isn't with President Trump, it's with Hillary, the DNC, the DOJ and the FBI colluding with Russian spy's to undermine the legitimacy of a freely elected President. If you don't understand the significance of that or the significance of Obama knowing about it and protected these people, Mexico or Canada is where you belong.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 11:18 AM

Hook,
Yes, can't argue or disagree with much of what you said....

but....proportionally, we are taking a fair share...

My real gripe in all of this is that I thought the USA was smarter than allowing somebody like Trump to become its president....he simply represents values, morals, and ideologies I find repugnant.

The conservative Quebec member of parliament just resigned from his party affiliation and wants to set up his own farther right party...

Sure, Canada has its share of racist fearful folks....all coming from immigrant stock....especially fearful and somehow threatened by seeing more folks of colour in our communities....

I hold some "conservative" values, but tend to try to find compassion in the mix.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 11:55 AM

Sorry, JJJ, just calling a spade a spade (let's see if he turns that into a racist remark!).

El Salvador, Guatamela, Nicaragua, Venezuela, parts of Mexico, parts of Brazil are in a shambles. The proof is in the number of people risking life and limb of themselves and their children to flee these countries.

The culture of corruption is so strong in Latin America. It's choking the people.

I'm sorry if you can't handle the truth. But I have lived in Mexico for the past ten years and continue to live there, part time.

You're just a keyboard cowboy with no real experience in these matters.

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.