Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Marc and Olivia
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 08:09 PM
Marc and Olivia

What ever happened to them out at Concepcion Bay? Never hear from them anymore nor the Black Hand. The turtles didn't get them did they?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 08:22 PM

They are alive and well. Mark's son, Nathan posts on his Facebook page, Apparently they are working on completing some motel rooms and a B&B at Buenaventura
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 08:33 PM

The Black Hand Muñoz LOST the legal battle and Mark and Olivia were awarded the abandoned hotel and rest of the property on the bay as some repayment for the hell Muñoz had caused them. Mark's son, Nathan, has been helping operations and is building a new inn at Posada Concepción, several miles north. The new business is named Casa Concepción. Nathan and his wife are expecting a baby!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 08:42 PM

Good thread op. I had wondered the same.

We drove by there last month and the exact thought popped in my mind.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 09:13 PM

Hah. I’m half expecting a post from Mr. Muñoz telling us it’s not over yet. That Narc will get his comeuppance once some judge in Mexico City hears of this. It was all really amusing when you thing back on all of it.

Well all’s well that ends well.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-27-2018 at 10:13 PM

Turtle soup!
Yum, yum!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 07:55 AM

JZ, you missed a fun place by not pulling off the highway to have a drink and a cheeseburger or fresh fish dish!

Here is Nathan, behind the bar in September 2016. My Baja Extreme tour guests had a great time there for lunch...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 08:53 AM

OK thanks. Someone told me Marc was no longer there...just his son.

pictures make it look like Tats required. Not a place for Gandma.
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 09:12 AM

Marc and Oli may have gotten the hotel back..good for them..But what did the 6 gringo home owners who were forced out by Munoz get???
Nada!! Me being one of them....I wonder who owns the land?? That was the main dispute......

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Shirtless cook, place lacks basic restaurant hygiene! Shirtless customers. Does the place not have ac? Yuck. I will get my turtle soup elsewhere :lol:

Tats, still don’t understand the bad decisions of some that leads them to get some really bad artwork

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 09:47 AM

He was bartending, Olivia was cooking... she was not topless.
It is a Baja beach cantina, in September, so shirtless is the dress code for men, lol.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 10:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
He was bartending, Olivia was cooking... she was not topless.
It is a Baja beach cantina, in September, so shirtless is the dress code for men, lol.

Just checked Marc's facebook page...looks like he is around somewhere.

PS..I did not like the hamburger...but then again I am not in Mexico for good Hamburgers.

[Edited on 7-28-2018 by rts551]

[Edited on 7-28-2018 by rts551]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Shirtless cook, place lacks basic restaurant hygiene! Shirtless customers. Does the place not have ac? Yuck. I will get my turtle soup elsewhere :lol:

Tats, still don’t understand the bad decisions of some that leads them to get some really bad artwork

Yes that is Marc's son behind the bar without a shirt. Let just say there is a relaxed atmosphere there and Marc was associated with a Club de Moto when living North of the border. Some were going to come down and help him out when he was having problems with Munoz. It influences the atmosphere.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 10:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
Marc and Oli may have gotten the hotel back..good for them..But what did the 6 gringo home owners who were forced out by Munoz get???
Nada!! Me being one of them....I wonder who owns the land?? That was the main dispute......

What Olivia told me two years ago was they now own all the land and houses. Don't know what she has done with them since then.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 10:19 AM

I saw them south of Rosarito Beach 2 summers ago. They said they were up north and on the Pacific side for the summer. Maybe they liked it so much they stayed in the area. Or maybe they annually spend the summers in cooler weather.
PS to Willard--- they were in Charlies!!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
Enrique2012
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 10:44 AM

The fact that there's not a single photo of Willardboi makes the entire place and its clientele look absolutely amazing.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 12:26 PM

Love that place, best place to sit and have a beer! I don't mind the bartender being shirtless but it would be better if we had one of each gender to have a balance.... It is Mexico goat!!!!
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 02:50 PM

Marc is in the process of and has ordered a new boat to further his fishing adventures as he is still working with the Ejido to finalize the paperwork at BV. They rent houses, campsites and have the friendliest dog in Conception. The boat is a cat hulled 24 footer and the prototype really scoots. Boatyard is in El Sauzal. I will let him post as it comes along. Looking forward to some Wahoo trips on the Ridge.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 09:38 PM

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2018 at 10:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by hermosok123  
Marc is in the process of and has ordered a new boat to further his fishing adventures as he is still working with the Ejido to finalize the paperwork at BV. They rent houses, campsites and have the friendliest dog in Conception. The boat is a cat hulled 24 footer and the prototype really scoots. Boatyard is in El Sauzal. I will let him post as it comes along. Looking forward to some Wahoo trips on the Ridge.

Here's a photo of Marc and a buddy working a wahoo double hook-up on Mag Bay Outfitters Mar Gato a couple of years ago. Guess he'll be using his own boat this year. It's about that time......

DSC05676.JPG - 97kB

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.