Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Jardines Baja Restaurant in San Quintin
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2018 at 08:16 PM

Awesome, I'm usually down that way in Jan, Feb or March. The seat was the first upgrade I made. Coming from an XR650R and a KTM 990 makes it feel like a trials bike. The 990 is still good to eat up miles but get a lot less dirt use now...
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-1-2018 at 09:32 AM

I think we should start a moto Baja Nomad off road club. What do you guys think. I also love 4x4 love the guys from Pole line 4x4 run but trying to get them to go out more like pulling teeth. Of course I understand people have jobs and family with respect. The custom seat a must on any bike. The 990 KTM in deep sand very hard to ride.
BajaHawk
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 10:32 AM
All is forgiven for a generator at 5:30 am

Woke-up by a generator at 5:30 am - thinking what the hell!
They had an interruption of electricity service but knew it would be important to have coffee ready. They set-up this in the patio. All was forgiven for the generator.

Gen_small.jpg - 48kB Coffee_Small.jpg - 54kB Gen_small.jpg - 48kB
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 11:02 AM

How did anyone make coffee before electricity??? :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 05:43 PM

hola dk,

when we hunted in the desert way back in the 1970's, we carried two coffee cans, one with the grounds and one for boiling water over an open fire.

poured water in the empty can, added the grounds and placed it over the fire. we let the can with water and grounds boil for a short while and voila...hot coffee !

just needed to pour the coffee slowly so as not to get the boiled grounds in our cup.

it was called " COWBOY COFFEE ".

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 06:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
I think we should start a moto Baja Nomad off road club. What do you guys think. I also love 4x4 love the guys from Pole line 4x4 run but trying to get them to go out more like pulling teeth. Of course I understand people have jobs and family with respect. The custom seat a must on any bike. The 990 KTM in deep sand very hard to ride.

I'm in, I can bring the jeep, SXS, bike or truck! I have not done any four-wheeling in Baja on anything but a bike.... Would love some local intel on different areas..
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2018 at 08:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

I'm in, I can bring the jeep, SXS, bike or truck! I have not done any four-wheeling in Baja on anything but a bike.... Would love some local intel on different areas..
You can bring all the toys I sold my SXS. I do have Toyota pre runner 3 4x4s atv 700 and at least 20 dirt bikes. Love Saturdays Ride the bikes all day clean up. Then Coyote Cals off road in trucks for lobster dinner and a nip. PM me I will give info.

toyota1.jpg - 111kB
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 8-3-2018 at 07:50 AM

Conejo! Wish i was there for a nice ride along the beach. Had a great time at coyote cals last time we went to dinner.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2018 at 08:28 PM

Hi Ed Me and Mike went north on beach past Coyote Cals then exploring roads trails going east. None where passable but one temps perfect.
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2018 at 08:56 PM

I'd be in on the Moto Ride throw out some dates and lets see if we can get some guys to show up.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2018 at 11:00 PM

You guys start the dates as I ride most weeks anyway. Ride local or go to El Coyotes spend the night. Then go south to Jardines spend the night. Then 100 mile ride back to San Vicente. Even stay at Coyotes two nights ride the trails.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 06:07 AM

BTW, have you all discovered Jardines breakfast place. Its in San Quintin on the west side. The guy at the motel will give you directions.
Great fast service ant excellent food.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 07:43 AM

Its the Owners son in laws place . Great food but pain for us as on dirt bikes. We need travel dirt then go inland to eat take off all our gear. Is the old mill even open anymore for breakfast. Will not ever try to eat at Don Eddys for breakfast. Three strikes and there out.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 08:38 AM

Its the Owners son in laws place . Great food but pain for us as on dirt bikes. We need travel dirt then go inland to eat take off all our gear. Is the old mill even open anymore for breakfast. Will not ever try to eat at Don Eddys for breakfast. Three strikes and there out.

The Old Mill ("Molino Viejo") was pretty fancy looking when I had dinner there last April... it was inexpensive for the lobster burrito plate and with soup, salad, and a Pacifico, only 230 pesos (US$13 then).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 01:13 PM

You guys start the dates as I ride most weeks anyway. Ride local or go to El Coyotes spend the night. Then go south to Jardines spend the night. Then 100 mile ride back to San Vicente. Even stay at Coyotes two nights ride the trails.

I'm thinking October. The kids have a couple 3 day weekends with Jewish holidays.

Maybe take one more day off. Spend 2 days riding around Coyote Cals?

Kids started surfing this summer. Any good surf spots down there?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 01:28 PM

Molino Viejo was open for breakfast at 8 am Saturday last November. We needed to get going earlier, so tried Don Eddy’s and it was very good. Cooked to order, fresh corn tamales and entertaining host. Thanks for the Jardine’s breakfast tip. Love it there - server remembers our names and preferences and makes sure we are taken care of even when the place is packed out.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

I'm thinking October. The kids have a couple 3 day weekends with Jewish holidays.

Maybe take one more day off. Spend 2 days riding around Coyote Cals?

Kids started surfing this summer. Any good surf spots down there?

How old are your kids? I think they missed the boat for surfing. Keep them on bikes. They might get good? Starting surfing at their ages is a waste of time. They will never be good at it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 05:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

How old are your kids? I think they missed the boat for surfing. Keep them on bikes. They might get good? Starting surfing at their ages is a waste of time. They will never be good at it.

Interesting post. Tell me more. What do you consider good?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 05:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Interesting post. Tell me more. What do you consider good?

Oh Baloney Chippy my friends kids rip on surf boards or snow boards or dirt bikes,,, What a funny comment :light::light:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2018 at 08:59 PM

That is funny Chippy as I know some guys that started surfing late in life. There in late 50s early 60s great surfers.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.