thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 02:39 PM
You got that right!!

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
This was just posted this morning on the Vagabundos FB page:

ROAD REPORT Hello all, Just returned from San Quintin. On the way down, south of Ensenada Just passed the first military inspection point there must have been a landslide. About 1 mile or so past the military check point there is a giant scene of construction on the hills area. About 1 to 2 miles long. Big delays of 1 hour or more on this road. Going southbound past the major construction is all new paved highway. The newest is just north of San Quintin just north of Drisdol’s berry’s. It continues south until the turnoff for Jardines.

Thanks! With so much local farm traffic, it would be great if Camalu to San Quintín/Jardines was all 4 lanes.

Camalu to Los Pinos South is my least favorite stretch of road in all of Mexico.
I would rather drive downtown Mexico City than this stretch...
(and yes, I have driven a number of times in downtown DF)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 04:00 PM

This, and the mountain sections south of Santo Tomás and south of El Rosario are great reasons to use Mexico Hwy. 5 for destinations south of Cataviña. Oh, and cross-Ensenada city traffic, too!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 05:06 PM

Love the mountain roads you describe!!
Not much traffic
lots of passing opportunities
Fun driving,
not like the grim SQ corridor
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
I am still looking for Puerto Santo Tomaa.:biggrin:

The a and s button plus my fat fingers... lol.

Check your Facebook photo at Puntaa Abreojos (your spelling). Typos happen!

So, it sounds like the road widening up the mountain climb south of Santo Tomás has finally begun? First mention of this I read, here.

What....you are following me again... What are you doing trolling my facebook page. Don't you have anything better to do then follow me around.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 06:36 PM

Not really, for many months maybe years, I have been enjoying and posting on the Baja Photography Facebook page and all of a sudden you are there telling people what they can do or not do there. So, in a way, you followed me there, too. LOL.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 08:32 PM

Years... You joined last Nov 22 knucklehead. You must be dreamin about some other site. If you don't like the rules that you can not advertise (its a common rule) ...You can always stay on your own page where you make up your own rules.

[Edited on 8-14-2018 by rts551]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 10:58 PM

I am for freedom and sharing information.
You going to harass cancer survivor Edie Littlefield Sundby for giving her book link with her posts, are you? What a guy.

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 12:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Love the mountain roads you describe!!
Not much traffic
lots of passing opportunities
Fun driving,
not like the grim SQ corridor

I agree.

That's the most scenic section of all the highways in all of Baja.

(We need a 'Like' button to show agreement)
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 11:27 AM

I am for freedom and sharing information.

What a knucklehead...you were trying to sell your books to Sally. Sharing information for a price is not allowed on that site and never has been. You can have the freedom to make money on your own pages.:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 02:42 PM

Who's Sally?
I don't make any profit from the book sales, I am providing historical details for those who are interested.
Are you going to answer me about Edie?

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 03:05 PM

No. She is not the one whining.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2018 at 03:07 PM

Besides. She does not actively advertise anything for sale.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-15-2018 at 08:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
This was just posted this morning on the Vagabundos FB page:

ROAD REPORT Hello all, Just returned from San Quintin. On the way down, south of Ensenada Just passed the first military inspection point there must have been a landslide. About 1 mile or so past the military check point there is a giant scene of construction on the hills area. About 1 to 2 miles long. Big delays of 1 hour or more on this road. Going southbound past the major construction is all new paved highway. The newest is just north of San Quintin just north of Drisdol’s berry’s. It continues south until the turnoff for Jardines.

Thanks! With so much local farm traffic, it would be great if Camalu to San Quintín/Jardines was all 4 lanes.

I recall some traffic north of Santo Tomas when I headed North in June, probably same area, looked like they were scraping off the side of a mountain or cleaning up a slide.
timoteo

[*] posted on 9-2-2018 at 12:55 PM

We call it El Zacaton, the grade a mile or so south of Santo Tomas. Been going on for awhile now, no one can tell us how long it will take to finish. drove past it at night last week going southbound. it was about a 20 minute wait. they were working on it with only a few guys moving dirt. it was kinda nerve racking passing through, as you could see pieces of the guardrail missing or crushed. We returned northbound on a Sunday and there were no workers around and no waiting. Will be nice when it is completed some day.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-2-2018 at 02:00 PM

Don’t dilly dally with my Sally! 🤣

ViajeraGal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2018 at 09:48 AM

Construction was going on there in early June when we drove up to the US; coming back 3 weeks later (still in June) we were fortunate to hit a time of little work and had no delay at all; may well be hit-or-miss as to length of delay for some time, as said, as happened during similar road work to the hills south of Loreto couple years back.
BajaZephyr

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 02:54 PM

We’re stuck in this right now...almost a 30 min wait so far. Argh...and we just came from San Felipe after abandoning Hwy 5 due to the washouts and construction there!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 04:30 PM

A week ago going south it was 1.5 hour wait and then S l o w traffic going down hill....where northbound line-up was 1.6 kms long...

I didn't get the memo either :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 04:57 PM

Local trick when going south. Pull over at Dona Lalos for some cheese. Or have some burritos at the corner in San Vicente just north of the Pemex, same side of the street.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 05:05 PM

When I drive South if I see long line. I make U turn hit dirt road in back Santa Tomas. Then there is short cut down hill hits hwy 1 3 to 5 miles before San Vicente. Not good Idea now with pre runners
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.