Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9
Author: Subject: holy mother of
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 09:43 AM

No Liberal cares about anything but their own agenda. Prove the guy wrong with an accredited world class scientist that isn't paid. That's the argument, not Dennis Prager. If you can't do anything but call Prager names, well, that's what I'm talking about.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 09:55 AM

Pretty definitive statement, Timo...How did you manage to get all those liberals surveyed in such a short time? More absorbed knowledge?..I gotta go feed cattle, now that's REAL BS....

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Overeducation is a factor as well.American industry started to decline when MBA's ascended in the management ranks....

Speaking of generalizations, what about this one? Sounds like someone got a rejection letter from Harvard Business School. It happens to a lot of us. I got over it, you can too!

John
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 10:58 AM

As Liberals will tell you: 97% of Climatologists agree. What they won't tell you is that the "97%" number was the results of a SURVEY that a bunch of Climatologist were given that asked ridiculously skewed and stupid questions that could only be answered one way "would you rather be shot in the head, or make love to your spouse". It wasn't based on data or results based from any study! It was a questioner who's purpose was hidden from the scientists that took it. If it's such and so widely accepted, why did Al Gore have to hide the reason and intent for the study to begin with and why did so many scientists threaten to sue if their names were used after they found out it's intent? It's all a lie. I trust Prager videos over ANY main stream news source in the United States. Prove one of their hundreds of videos false, just one, you can't. All you can do is call them names.

It's easy to find dirt on anybody who's lived a lifetime and been involved in thousands of studies and reports, nobody lives a lifetime without any faults. That's what's it's all about, learning and moving on. It's not about dropping to your knees and following a party who who's only mantra is lie, deny and counter accuse.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 11:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
As Liberals will tell you: .... blah blah blah blah blah..... All you can do is call them names.... blah blah...

Hypocrisy much? :P

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 11:22 AM

Here's how Liberals came up with the "97% of Climatologists" if this type of science is all it takes to reach into your pocket or take away your freedoms you deserve to reap what you sew.

https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/1945223788853801/
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 12:47 PM

Some of these ol boys little sensitive about their lack of degrees...Harper seems pretty miffed about his rejection by the Boola Boola crowd..He musta Graduated somwheres...I tried to get a good look at his school ring, while he was pickin his nose....but his finger was movin too fast......Stanford? Lotta nose pickers outa there....

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 12:55 PM

You have to wonder, if Timinator, was serious and a real Scientist, why is in posting links from right-wing loon, Dennis Prager, who talks politics, loves, Jesus, and Jews, and hates Muslims, and women, if the women don't know their place? Now if that's your thing to watch Dennis Prager, I have no problem with that, but Prager, is no scientist and only has typical right-wing views against global warming.

And if William Happer, is some expert Princeton physicists, with serious global warming scientific credentials, then why isn't he posting his reports on scientific published research sites that are subject to peer review, but instead publishes his opinions on Fox News owned Business paper, the "Wall Street Journal?

William Happer is a Princeton physicist and Chairman of the Board of Directors at the right-wing fossil fuel-funded think tank George C. Marshall Institute. Although he has not published any climate-related research in his scientific career, Happer nevertheless seems to enjoy making his opinions about climate science known, as we have previously examined here and here. Unfortunately, Happer does not seem interested in taking the time to ensure that those are informed opinions.

Rather than subject his thoughts to the peer-review process, Happer's publication of choice appears to be The Wall Street Journal (WSJ), as he was one of the 16 scientists who recently published a plea for climate inaction in that paper, and a follow-up article defending their previous misrepresentations. Happer has now gone solo, publishing another opinion-editorial in the WSJ with such a Gish Gallop of climate-related myths as to be a truly Moncktonian effort.

Though we will briefly whack each of Happer's moles in the post below, one particular myth caught our attention. This myth was also recently endorsed by Roy Spencer in an interview with John Stossel on Fox News - the myth that the planet has not warmed in the past 10 years.

https://skepticalscience.com/happer-spencer-global-warming-c...

The Latest Denialist Plea for Climate Change Inaction

As they tend to do from time to time in an effort to distract from the climate science consensus, a group of scientists who are also climate "skeptics" have published an opinion-editorial (op-ed), trying to make the case against taking action to address climate change. As usual, the article is little more than a regurgitation of a number of climate myths we have debunked at Skeptical Science.

The op-ed begins with the wholly unsupported assertion that:

"...a large and growing number of distinguished scientists and engineers do not agree that drastic actions on global warming are needed."

The fact that only 16 scientists and engineers signed this letter casts serious doubt on this assertion. The fake skeptics were able to get ~100 signatories on a similar letter 5 years ago - this seems more like a small and dwindling number of fake skeptics. It's also worth noting that 255 National Academy of Science members (truly prominent scientists) signed an opposite letter, urging action to address climate change.

https://skepticalscience.com/examining-the-latest-climate-de...

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 12:59 PM

Some of these ol boys little sensitive about their lack of degrees...Harper seems pretty miffed about his rejection by the Boola Boola crowd..He musta Graduated somwheres...I tried to get a good look at his school ring, while he was pickin his nose....but his finger was movin too fast......Stanford? Lotta nose pickers outa there....

Stanford, please. Give me a break. Full ride at USC, baby! I think they were surprised to see a white guy named Harper show up!

John

[Edited on 8-10-2018 by John Harper]
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 01:10 PM

Problem is, he's more accredited, better published and more accomplished than anyone here on this site. All you can do is call him names, you can't change the science or discredit a think he said with science or data. Lie, Deny and Counter Accuse, that's all you got. You have no policy wins to fall back on or point to, and the country just handed you your walking papers to the tune of 8 out of 10 elections...again! So, boohoo hoo.

"97% of Climatologists agree". That's a liberal lie. Period. Just like Obama knowingly lying to every person in the United States selling us on Obamacare lies. Keep your doctor, keep your plan, save the average household $2500/yr., most people are unhappy with their healthcare plan, will only cost 900B/yr (it's over 3T/yr now and climbing). When will you liberals stop? You have collapsed every civilization in world history that's adopted your liberal policies. Don't you get it, it's a lie.

[Edited on 8-10-2018 by Timinator]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 01:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
Problem is, he's more accredited, sponsorsand more accomplished than anyone here on this site. All you can do is call him names, you can't change the science or discredit a think he said with science or data. Lie, Deny and Counter Accuse, that's all you got. You have no policy wins to fall back on or point to, and the country just handed you your walking papers to the tune of 8 out of 10 elections...again! So, boohoo hoo.

He is not accredited and better published on climate science, unless you want to include right wing loon sites like Dennis Prager, sites, and opinion and op-ed write ups in the "Wall Street Journal, that's good or business news, but not for science. Oh yeah, The "World Nut Daily" also posts opinion pieces from this crank.

Please Timinator, no more Dennis Prager's videos, I can't take anymore of that BS.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 02:01 PM

Hell, Harper,you caint be too Bad then...Didn't USC have a football team once???

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 02:48 PM

Hell, Harper,you caint be too Bad then...Didn't USC have a football team once???

Not when I was there, we got our asses handed to us by the green drunken leprechauns too many times.

John
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 03:16 PM

That's why whiskey was invented... so the Irish didn't rule the world.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 05:49 PM

For those who are interested in global warming due to the burning of fossil fuels, and the climate change that is now occurring as a result, here's a history of the first 10 years of the 40-year-old subject.

"Losing Earth" https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/clim...

A snippet about a 1979 EPA report: In the final paragraph of a chapter on environmental regulation, the coal report’s authors noted that the continued use of fossil fuels might, within two or three decades, bring about “significant and damaging” changes to the global atmosphere.

39 years ago

[Edited on 8-11-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-11-2018 at 04:48 PM
A some what different view of things

Credit: ADAM NIEMAN/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Global water and air volume. Conceptual computer artwork of the total volume of water on Earth (left) and of air in the Earth's atmosphere (right) shown as spheres (blue and pink). The spheres show how finite water and air supplies are. The water sphere measures 1390 kilometres across and has a volume of 1.4 billion cubic kilometres. This includes all the water in the oceans, seas, ice caps, lakes and rivers as well as ground water, and that in the atmosphere. The air sphere measures 1999 kilometres across and weighs 5140 trillion tonnes. As the atmosphere extends from Earth it becomes less dense. Half of the air lies within the first 5 kilometres of the atmosphere.

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/159214/view

Given the actual volume of our atmosphere in terms relative to the volume of the earth .. One should see how small the “atmosphere” actually is … Thus subject to greater variation due to its smaller volume .. creating a relatively thin layer around the planet…. water is also less in overall volume and would therefore be subject to the same laws of thermodynamics 

Amazing balance we have going for us … on this little planet … Totally the luck of the draw

[Edited on 8-11-2018 by wessongroup]
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-11-2018 at 05:27 PM

Yes, we a truly a fluke of the universe,

You have no right to be here.
And whether you can hear it or not
The universe is laughing behind your back.

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-11-2018 at 08:56 PM
Fluke it ALL !

No Right to be HERE ?

On the bright side .......................... soon we won't be !

And, others will still be arguing over the reasons for the warmer, cooler, dry or drenched seasons.

Having NO effect and reaching NO agreement.

It's a cosmic joke.

On US.

Just say "F" it, have a beer and go for a swim.
azucena
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2018 at 09:54 PM

Mr Bill M

It sounds to me from reading some of your earlier posts ( and perhaps, I hope, they were in jest) that you have no worries because you are speaking with "God". If so, may I ask which "God" :biblical, muslim, hindu, buddist, catholic, there really is a huge list.

My only thought is when one thinks they have a direct line to some "God" that perhaps they have a line to their own narcissism.

The issue of Climate Change is really, non controversial. The earth's climate has changed often, radically for much longer then our mere human existance. Are we exacerbating/ escalating it? Quite likely by the sheer stress so many humans have on a limited sphere. Can we do something to mitgate it?
Maybe we can. And that is why we don't sit back and have a beer and disengage. IF we can do something to preserve what we have for our children, grandchildren, don't we have the moral onus and caring to do so?
I sincerely hope so/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 08:06 AM
God's Got IT !

"Harvey" (As he likes to be called by those of us on his Direct-Connect celestial Friends list, cautions that the Bible (in its various permutations) is, in general, mostly accurate in its portrayal of events and attendant moral guiding principles, BUT like all (or most) Ghost-Written autobiographies, there is the tendency for the Ghost or, in this case, Ghosts to interpret, enhance, embellish and expand in the interests of improving story flow, attracting additional readers and improving sales.

Heavenly Harvey often clashed with the writers during collaboration, sometimes insisting on corrections while sometimes accepting their arguments in favor of literary license improving the action and driving home an important point.

The result has been the record-setting sales of an historical work which, obviously, validates the editing strategy of producing a lively, action-packed allegorical philosophical guide for navigating life.

In the original first edition, there was an initial disclaimer in the forward that certain places, events and persons may have been altered for promotional purposes, but Harvey thought that it would detract from the acceptance of the guide.

As to the Global Warming question ....................... Obviously we are in a period of warming. Those who don't recognize that are just plain dumb. Which is why one hears so much denial from Donald devotees. While there are valid debating points regarding the earthly causes and responsibility as well as debate over the eventual resolution, it IS Harvey that's in charge.

He's a bit vague on what he intends to do at this point, but I'm sure that the subject will continue to come up in our gab sessions.

Stay tuned, I'll share what he says.
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.