Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9
Author: Subject: holy mother of
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 08:42 AM

Great Ceasar's ghost! Harvey is not in charge. It's physics as expressed by mathematics which is based on pure logic. There is nothing supernatural about climate change.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 09:34 AM
Harvey says ..............................

Balderdash.

The Universe is his Divine Domain. While there IS that (often bitter) ongoing family squabble between him and his Brudder gone Bad Lucifer (whom he derisively calls "Lucy"), ANYTHING that occurs on earth or elsewhere is under THEIR control.

It may seem (often) that things aren't going the way they would if God were in charge, BUT it's a BIG bureaucracy with millions of subordinates making billions of decisions daily. It should be obvious to anyone with an IQ above that of a Trumpster that things are going to slip through. The CEO just can't do EVERYTHING himself.

And, quite frankly, he is known to get into a snit and (sometimes) act impulsively. He takes that "Vengeance is MINE" seriously. Especially if some pitiful gripe relayed from the staff interrupts his Cribbage games.

God (Harvey) IS science. EVERYTHING is HIS invention.

Well, OK, El Diablo gets his fingers in here and there. The Internet is a prime example of a good idea gone to Hell, but many things are incorrectly laid at Lucy's doorstep. Some (like Trump) are Harvey's way of saying "that's what you get for not doing things MY way". I've pointed out that he's unfairly punishing those of us who followed the true path, but his response is usually "Tough Cookies" or a suitable profanity. He can get worked up.

Spend some time in prayerful communication. Harvey loves to gab when he's in the right mood. Grab one of his favorite beers (Stella Artois) and settle in for a rap fest.

Don't mention GOLF, though. He'll go on for hours and you won't get in a word edgewise.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 11:37 AM

If things "slip through" because the job is too demanding, THEY are not in control. You can't have it both ways, inept omniscience doesn't exist. Harvey, Lucy and the rest of the family, fallen or otherwise, at best quit work on the seventh day, and IMHO, didn't even work the previous week.

It is an interesting fictional family of characters though. Nephilim, such as Sandman Slim, are my favorites. Google it.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 12:05 PM
Seeing God.

Come ON.

I see and talk to the Guy ALL the time. He looks just like Peter Ustinov.

But, his voice sounds like Edmund Gwenn's.

Usually wearing white robes like a Roman Senator.

Except when he's wearing his goofy golfing garb. Those knickers are LOUD. And, those argyle socks .................... only God could get away with those.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 12:11 PM

"Except when he's wearing his goofy golfing garb. Those knickers are LOUD. And, those argyle socks .................... only God could get away with those."

The reason why White men golf is so that they can dress like Black men and get away with it ..................

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-12-2018 at 01:12 PM

I wondered....

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 05:26 AM

Just another MIT Atmospheric Physicist with 200 published papers. Yea, I know, none of them were in Mother Earth News so he's a hack.

https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/1950642161645297/
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 06:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
Just another MIT Atmospheric Physicist with 200 published papers. Yea, I know, none of them were in Mother Earth News so he's a hack.

https://www.facebook.com/prageru/videos/1950642161645297/

Timinator, Richard Lindzen, is just another hired gun loon, who grows more senile with age, and just about all his colleagues have denounce him, and signed petitions against his wrong denier views that have mostly been proven wrong.

Richard Lindzen was an atmospheric physicist at MIT until May 2013;[1] as expected, he is now a "Distinguished Senior Fellow" at the Cato Institute.[2] He is also affiliated with the industry shill front group Heartland Institute.[3]

Lindzen is probably the one most responsible for the denialist talking point about models not taking clouds into account. The Lindzen-Choi paper is the most often cited, but it's been trashed by other scientists for poor methodology and overstating its conclusions.[5][6] Naturally, Lindzen's skepticism has attracted funding from fossil fuel interests and he's worked on projects underwritten by Exxon and OPEC.[7] He is trotted out by deniers as "proof" that "real scientists disagree" about global warming and that there is no scientific consensus, even though he does accept the theory (just not most of the predictions made by the IPCC). His op-eds in popular media have increasingly fallen back on refuted denier talking points as well. This makes him a massive enabler.

He has also appeared at the Heartland Institute's conferences as the keynote speaker. This makes him a really massive enabler.[8]

Senator Snowball has occasionally referred to Dick as a personal "hero"[9] for crusading against the liberal alarmists and their warmist agenda.

In the 90's, Dick reportedly charged "$2,500 a day for his 'consulting services'".[10]

Speaking of 90s, Dick often scoffs at Cook's famous 97% consensus statistic. Didn't anyone tell him to speak for himself?[11]

Lindzen's talent seems to be making repeatedly failed predictions as well as failing to get much of his material published in peer-reviewed journals in his more "skeptical" days.

Some other stuff he's been wrong about :

Claiming that the link between smoking and lung cancer is "weak."[12]
Satellite measurements showing no warming.[13]

Decrease in water vapor would allow carbon dioxide to escape from the atmosphere. (He has since accepted this as refuted and calls it an "old view.")[14]

Solar and volcanic forcings were severely downplayed to fudge data.[15]
Misrepresenting the link between warming and hurricanes.[16]
Dick is also a card-carrying member of the CO2 is Green crowd, saying: "controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life." Can never have too much of a good thing, right? Right?

The Nutty Professor

While Lindzen was once merely 'skeptical' of the anthropogenic GHG effect's results, he appears to have become increasingly unhinged with age. Despite once considering those who dispute the anthropic GHG effect 'nutty', Dick wrote in the wingnut publication Merion West[17] in April 2017, attempting to discredit basically all widely accepted tenets of climate science. Not too different from his usual WSJ ramblings. Too bad he forgot to disclose his thoughtful gifts from Peabody.[18]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Richard_Lindzen

This idiot also denied the link between smoking and lung cancer, and surprise surprise, he was paid by the tobacco companies.

On Tobacco In a 2001 profile in Newsweek, journalist Fred Guterl wrote that Lindzen "clearly relishes the role of naysayer. He'll even expound on how weakly lung cancer is linked to cigarette smoking."[13] James Hansen recalls meeting Lindzen whilst testifying before the Vice President's Climate Task Force: "I considered asking Lindzen if he still believed there was no connection between smoking and lung cancer. He had been a witness for tobacco companies decades earlier, questioning the reliability of statistical connections between smoking and health problems. But I decided that would be too confrontational. When I met him at a later conference, I did ask that question, and was surprised by his response: He began rattling off all the problems with the data relating smoking to health problems, which was closely analogous to his views of climate data." [14]

From "source watch:"

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Richard_S._Lindzen

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 11:14 AM

Good to see the focus has moved back to science rather than "faith" ... Albeit .. mine is better than your's

Certainly agree about having a beer :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 8-13-2018 by wessongroup]
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
Credit: ADAM NIEMAN/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

Caption: Global water and air volume. Conceptual computer artwork of the total volume of water on Earth (left) and of air in the Earth's atmosphere (right) shown as spheres (blue and pink). The spheres show how finite water and air supplies are. The water sphere measures 1390 kilometres across and has a volume of 1.4 billion cubic kilometres. This includes all the water in the oceans, seas, ice caps, lakes and rivers as well as ground water, and that in the atmosphere. The air sphere measures 1999 kilometres across and weighs 5140 trillion tonnes. As the atmosphere extends from Earth it becomes less dense. Half of the air lies within the first 5 kilometres of the atmosphere.

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/159214/view

Given the actual volume of our atmosphere in terms relative to the volume of the earth .. One should see how small the “atmosphere” actually is … Thus subject to greater variation due to its smaller volume .. creating a relatively thin layer around the planet…. water is also less in overall volume and would therefore be subject to the same laws of thermodynamics 

Amazing balance we have going for us … on this little planet … Totally the luck of the draw

[Edited on 8-11-2018 by wessongroup]

Good stuff, wessongroup. This is a really useful way to visualize how little atmosphere we 7.6 billion humans have to play with, when it comes to burning coal oil and gas and releasing carbon that's been locked up inside the earth for eons.

If anybody is actually reading and pondering, rather than just trying to pummel others with words.

The other easy way to see this is to look at photos taken from orbit, where you can see how thin the atmosphere is, almost in cross section... not much room for error, folks.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 01:49 PM

it's like an eggshell

And yet another huge source of carbon gases coming soon to an atmosphere near you

the melting permafrost, the frozen biomass is thawing

https://tinyurl.com/yctu5mtc

[Edited on 8-13-2018 by SFandH]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 02:30 PM

... and forest fires, volcanos, deep sea gas vents... Nature won't be undone by humans.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 03:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Nature won't be undone by humans.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 03:56 PM

Yes, photos of human dirt... and 1 year from now, 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years, or more... Nature will still be in control and the human mess will be gone and forgotten... Humans may be here or moved to Mars by then.

When Yellowstone or another super-volcano erupts, or an asteroid hits earth (again), that will be a mess that makes your photos look trivial.

Trust me, Nature bats last!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 04:04 PM

All really great reason's to live for today and do as many Baja and or other trips as possible , eat , drink and be merry while you are still able to.

I'll drink to THAT !

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 04:36 PM

OK OK, a couple of shots of Don Julio, but hold the totoaba!

LOL
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 04:51 PM

My pappy once told me on my birthday:

Son, alot has been said about wine, women, and song.
My advice to you if concentrate soley on woman...
You can sing and drink when you get old😉

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  

LOL

I can agree to that! Skøl

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 05:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  

LOL

I can agree to that! Skøl

Or married😆

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 8-13-2018 at 05:12 PM

Yes, photos of human dirt... and 1 year from now, 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years, or more... Nature will still be in control and the human mess will be gone and forgotten... Humans may be here or moved to Mars by then.

When Yellowstone or another super-volcano erupts, or an asteroid hits earth (again), that will be a mess that makes your photos look trivial.

Trust me, Nature bats last!

RIGHT DK now you sound like a politician:O

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.