BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: TRIP #8: (AUG. 2018) HWY 3 & Laguna Hanson road to HWY 2 + HWY 5 REVISIT to HWY 1.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 06:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Yes. That is why I said if you are not facebook challenged..,.mstr Monitor.

Facebook is horrible. Beyond horrible.

Fine. Don't go there. Many of us, including your disciple, DK, use both. In Facebook we can post photos very easy and you have a huge audience (39000 members on Talk Baja)....Here you can dominate the conversation if you so desire. Freedom is great.

David is no ones disciple ok?
Some like his information and some don't.
You don't....that is obvious. Do you feel overmatched in Baja knowledge and want a slice of that knowledge pie?

As another poster who you flamed opined.....you chase DK like a dog looking for a hydrant. Anyone who frequents this board can see this.
While DK always responds to you in friendship and with respect.

And here you are again......belittling him, suggesting he has disciples.....really?.....get over it.

From the palm tree, to his accounts of Hwy 5.....there you are, doing your damnedest to get in some digs.

Get off Baja Nomads.....resign....no one will miss your style of interaction with other Baja travelers or residents.

1-2-3.....JJJ, Goat and now RTS.....the top disruptors

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 07:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Fine. Don't go there. Many of us, including your disciple, DK, use both. In Facebook we can post photos very easy and you have a huge audience (39000 members on Talk Baja)....Here you can dominate the conversation if you so desire. Freedom is great.

You don't....that is obvious. Do you feel overmatched in Baja knowledge and want a slice of that knowledge pie?

As another poster who you flamed opined.....you chase DK like a dog looking for a hydrant. Anyone who frequents this board can see this.

And here you are again......belittling him, suggesting he has disciples.....really?.....get over it.

From the palm tree, to his accounts of Hwy 5.....there you are, doing your damnedest to get in some digs.

Get off Baja Nomads.....resign....no one will miss your style of interaction with other Baja travelers or residents.

I do not have to compete when it comes to Baja knowledge. When it comes to palm tress..yes you are correct Lol.

If you really look, you will find many of my posts that have nothing to do with David. 1000,s of posts.

The disciple comment is because I always expect people to jump out to his defense...Its the nature of this forum. Like JR used to say... The COOP.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 07:18 PM

I do not have to compete when it comes to Baja knowledge. When it comes to palm tress..yes you are correct Lol.

If you really look, you will find many of my posts that have nothing to do with David. 1000,s of posts.

The disciple comment is because I always expect people to jump out to his defense...Its the nature of this forum. Like JR used to say... The COOP.

Would it kill you to be a bit respectful and courteous when responding to any of DK's post?....like he is with you?...
Snarks do not serve anyone.
Is that too much to ask?

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 08:06 PM

More snarks.......sad

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 08:11 PM

More snarks.......sad

Your own snarks are getting old. I am done.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 08:32 PM

rts, DK owns this site... stated he was ''second in command" ... told me personally once, then denied it later, insinuating it was a doppelganger in a foreign body talking to me. He is truly the one and only Nomania ruler of the site at the pleasure of his liege, the owner. You don't stand a chance arguing with him on any topic as he will of course have a come-back and counter-point.

The old adage, "the old dog you can't teach new tricks to, chances are you never could".

And as usual, yet another thread morphed into all about DK.

Mee, mee, mee.

Mee, my , I.

Mee, my, mickey my,

My, I, I,

Mickey My, I, mee, mee, mee,

Mickey Mee My, I.

:P

Move on, dude. :coolup:

Post script : also had an employer many years ago running his business into the ground. In answer he replied, "My train set".

Keep smilin'

[Edited on 8-22-2018 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 08:55 PM

God bless you Ron :yes:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 08:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
rts, DK owns this site... stated he was ''second in command" ... told me personally once, then denied it later, insinuating it was a doppelganger in a foreign body talking to me. He is truly the one and only Nomania ruler of the site at the pleasure of his liege, the owner. You don't stand a chance arguing with him on any topic as he will of course have a come-back and counter-point.

The old adage, "the old dog you can't teach new tricks to, chances are you never could".

And as usual, yet another thread morphed into all about DK.

Mee, mee, mee.

Mee, my , I.

Mee, my, mickey my,

My, I, I,

Mickey My, I, mee, mee, mee,

Mickey Mee My, I.

:P

Move on, dude. :coolup:

Post script : also had an employer many years ago running his business into the ground. In answer he replied, "My train set".

Keep smilin'

[Edited on 8-22-2018 by bajabuddha]
:light:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-21-2018 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
DK... is truly the one and only Nomania ruler...

This comment indicates both a lack of understanding of what's involved in providing this resource for the community for the past 16 years, and is disrespectful of your host.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 07:21 AM

Exactly, Doug runs this show 100%. About the only help I can provide is to show the few here who post over-sized photos how to easily stay within the Nomad limit and save Doug some valuable time for him so he doesn't need to resize those photos. Wish I could do more, Doug!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 09:16 AM

Earlier in this thread, I posted the kilometer list for the South Campos and other places (Punta Estrella to Puertecitos).

After sharing the list on the South Campos Facebook page, I got a lot of requests to add in the places I did not see a sign for, plus other things.

Here is the edited list, now starting at Km. 0, to Puertecitos:

South Campos Kilometer List Aug.17, 2018

Km. 0 Airport Road (6.1 miles from San Felipe traffic circle)
Km. 1 La Hacienda
Km. 6 San Fernando*
Km. 6.5 Residence "Camping" (El Faro Beach)
Km. 6.5+ La Perla del Mar*
Km. 8.5 Villa Marina RV Park.
Km. 9 Campo Lobo*
Km. 11 La Jolla del Mar
Km. 12 Punta Estrella Beach
Km. 14+ Valle de los Gigantes
Km. 15.5 Pancho's
Km. 17 Rancho Los Potrillos
Km. 20.5+ Rancho Percebu.
Km. 26+ Shell Island access road (4WD)
Km. 31 Bahía Santa María/ San Carlos*/ La Misión/ Playa Hermosa
Km. 31.5 Baja Beach Resort
Km. 32 Nuevo Mazatlán
Km. 32 El Sahuaro
Km. 32.5 La Joya*
Km. 33 Playa Linda
Km. 33.5 La Roca
Km. 34 Campo Delicias
Km. 34+ San Pedro.
Km. 35 Fire Station*
Km. 35+ El Vergel
Km. 35.5 Lupita*
Km. 35.5-36 Colonia Delicias (TOWN) See note D, below.
Km. 36 Esmeralda*
Km. 36.5 OM BAJA/ Punta Loma*
Km. 36.5+ La Perlita
Km. 37.5 Diamante
Km. 37.5+ Santa Fe
Km. 38.5+ San Martin
Km. 39.5 Garcia
Km. 39.5+ Playa Mexico
Km. 40+ Rancho Anita
Km. 40.5 Cielito Lindo
Km. 40.5+ Agua Azul
Km. 41.5 Campo Cadena
Km. 42+ Campo Jimenez
Km. 42.5 Los Gorditos
Km. 43 San Antonio*
Km. 43.5 Pelicano
Km. 44 Campo Badilla.
Km. 44.5 Playa Gabriela*
Km. 45 Campo Adriana
Km. 45.5 Mar y Sol
Km. 45.5 Los Morritios
Km. 46 San José
Km. 47 Rudy's Camp
Km. 47.5 San Francisco
Km. 49 Los Pulpos
Km. 49+ Rancho Las Panteras (El Coloradito Parcela 55)
Km. 49.5 Consuelo (at curve in highway)
Km. 51.5 Playa El Sueño
Km. 52.5 Old Puertecitos Road (Score Race Route)
Km. 52.5+ Costa Verde
Km. 54.5 Playa Cristina
Km. 58.5 Los Olivos
Km. 60 Arroyo Matomí
Km. 60.5 El Pozo
Km. 61-72.5+ DETOUR for new highway work.
Km. 65 El Conquistador
Km. 68.5+ Zimarros
Km. 68.5+ La Violeta
Km. 72+ La Toba
Km. 73 Cow Patty
Km. 74.5 Puertecitos Road (Octavio's Playa Escondida access)

note D*: In Colonia Delicias is Chelo's Restaurant, South Campos Community Center, Marino’s Restaurant, Josefina’s Laundry and Car Wash, Tita’s Taco Tuesday Restaurant, Aniceto's Restaurant, Police Station, Amazona Market

* = Edits added from South Campos Facebook members

My kilometer system is this: Km. 20 (for example) is at or within sight of the marker. Km. 20+ is about 1/4 kilometer marker past. Km. 20.5 is about half a kilometer past. Km. 20.5+ is about 3/4 a kilometer past.

If I could see a sign, then I noted it... from Punta Estrella to Puertecitos. In many places, the word 'Campo' was dropped from the name listed.

[Edited on 8-23-2018 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 10:04 AM

David,
We have at least two things in common.....a love for Baja....and 20 year old camp chairs from Costco....:D

Thanks for the update....

Don't believe everything you think....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 10:32 AM

Exactly right.. bought that one at Costco in 2002 or thereabouts.

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 12:48 PM

Looks like what Harbor Freight sells these days for 19.99. And I like them. And they are a perfect fit in the back of my Jeep. The things have a shelf but no cup holder on the shelf so I have to use the cloth bag on the side for my drink.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 02:27 PM

I have one without the shelf.... Hate the shelf!!
When you gather round the campfire the shelves are always encroaching on valuable space.
Don't remember where I got mine but it has made 21 annual Baja trips.
We opened a new subdivision last weekend and I sat under the canopy and greeted customers, somehow that comfy old chair looked just a tad out of place in a first class setting.
steviecroc

Mood: Life is GOOD

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 08:09 PM

David, thanks so very much for your time, effort, and sharing with us about Baja.
We are putting a trip together for early next year after a 12 year absence from
Baja.
Thanks again, Steve & Cheryl

Onward thru the Fog
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2018 at 08:21 PM

My pleasure, Steve. Please see my 2017 trip reports (#1-7) to have a look at much of the rest of my peninsula-wide research trips.

El Vergel
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:53 AM
Great stuff!

Hi David, what a fabulous trip report. Thanks for the share.

I especially enjoyed your images and description of El Alamo and Laguna Hanson. Please let me join the next adventure in search of Melchoir.

Those sidewinder tracks were no bueno! Good move. And, you got stuck in the mud at Shell!!! lol! I'll bet you'll be back to the Baja within 6 months.

Peace to All, Viva Baja!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 09:23 AM

I hope so Vern!!

Thanks for the offer of co-driver, again. It was really fun traveling with you in 2011 on out Lost Mission hunt with other Nomads (BajaCat, TMW, dtbushpilot, XRPhil, and the late bajalou).

I didn't get 'stuck' as much as my 'forward advance was halted'! Luckily, the Tacoma's locking differential and A-TRAC, combined, got me out so my feet never got muddy!

kevin_in_idaho
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 07:29 AM

Awesome write up. Last time I was at Laguna Hanson was in the 80ies. Snowed on us!
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.