Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  10
Author: Subject: Planted drugs at check point
redmercury
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Just like here, the posts slide downward if no activity. If you are not facebook challenged, you can use the search function, just like here. The post is there but Ron turned off commenting because "We have a policy here of not sharing uncorroborated 3rd hand information containing accusations that don't even carry the names of the people making the report.". Stops all the BS like we see here sometimes.

Well, OK, I will accept your explanation. But since the missing information has been provided in the post above by Russ and further corroborated by DavidK, why are comments still turned off over at Talk Baja? You ARE the moderator there, are you not? You could turn comments back on. Are you saying the information is still BS? As an alternative, you could re-post Russ' comment over on Talk Baja if you wanted to, right?

By the way, what about the stabbing at BOLA today? There is a video of the aftermath on Facebook.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 07:10 PM

Corroborated by DK...How? does he know the original poster? Was he there? Was russ there...or as he says...is he just passing the story on. As many said on the post before it was shut down...its a very unbelievable story...especially the language by the soldiers and the absence of an official report...The poster could say why he did not report it.

If you want to follow the story...follow it here....
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 07:14 PM

I agree, FaceBook sucks, Baja Nomads rule !!!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 07:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Somehow I don't think they will miss you.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 07:48 PM

That's for Damn sure as I have only been on a couple of times and haven't had an account for many years now.

Never liked it and as what's been coming out about FaceBook I guess I was right.

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
ocshredder

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 06:17 AM

We went thru there a few weeks back.....the marine searching our truck picked up my sunglasses and said " for me",,,I replied no...He then found an iPhone charger ,,,,," for me' ...no
The next marine opened our cooler and said,,,,," sodas for me " and I replied we had none, we didn't. Then the other marine sat in my drivers seat for at least 3-4 minutes, pushing all the buttons, changing radio settings, looking in center console, pulling out some of my kids candy........" for me" I said sure take it. Very very very uncomfortable and odd check point....these guys were definitely on the prowl
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 06:31 AM

Since I live relatively close by and go to San Ignacio occasionaly, i have printed the post and copied the URL and will take it to the officer in charge. I will also drop it off for the Commandante at Guerrero Negro in a couple of weeks.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:07 AM

Good idea. Thanks. The response of the Commanders should be interesting even if it's total denial. Any info regarding the soldiers training ? Hope this yields some results.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redmercury  

Just like here, the posts slide downward if no activity. If you are not facebook challenged, you can use the search function, just like here. The post is there but Ron turned off commenting because "We have a policy here of not sharing uncorroborated 3rd hand information containing accusations that don't even carry the names of the people making the report.". Stops all the BS like we see here sometimes.

Well, OK, I will accept your explanation. But since the missing information has been provided in the post above by Russ and further corroborated by DavidK, why are comments still turned off over at Talk Baja? You ARE the moderator there, are you not? You could turn comments back on. Are you saying the information is still BS? As an alternative, you could re-post Russ' comment over on Talk Baja if you wanted to, right?

By the way, what about the stabbing at BOLA today? There is a video of the aftermath on Facebook.

I'm at a lost at where either, Don Arnold, or Mike Bowers, posted a first hand account/report of what happened to them on their driving trip to Loreto, on "Talk Baja?

So is this just another 3rd hand account finding it's way to different Baja sites, like chain letters?

If you ask me, this is another big yawn.

From Russ's fowarded post: I am writing this letter after a very scary situation occurred to Don Arnold and I on our trip driving to Loreto to fish the Finale of the Dorado Tournament series.

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:43 AM

Bonnie at Ignacio B&B says there is no problem at the checkpoint as far as herself and thier guests.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Somehow I don't think they will miss you.

Stuff like this makes it clear that Doug Means and his Baja Nomad forums are a place where we all can talk (about) Baja without any fear of being banned or blocked or have threads altered to not allow updates. It has to be a very extreme case of rules violations for Doug to close a thread or ban a member, and not without warnings.

Questions on how to improve a site so older posts do not vanish, to improve its usefulness for research, do NOT get you banned here!

Quit whining. 39,000 members on TalkBaja that have not been banned. Many also members here. If you take a look at the membership stats of Nomads you will see there have been many banned. Again..quit whining.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
Good idea. Thanks. The response of the Commanders should be interesting even if it's total denial. Any info regarding the soldiers training ? Hope this yields some results.

Agreed since it would take quiet a bit of collusion (too many people/soldiers watching) to pull off on-going mordida.

We will see. They also use to review thee major Baja sites. I will see if they still do.
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 08:02 AM

My Dos Centavos worth. I have personally known Russ for almost 30 years, and he is the last person I would expect to pass along unfounded gossip. He's only trying to share info that may be of use to all of us. Be careful, and watchful. For all you naysayers out there, I sincerely hope you don't have any problems at any of the checkpoints. :cool:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 08:52 AM

Since I live relatively close by and go to San Ignacio occasionaly, i have printed the post and copied the URL and will take it to the officer in charge. I will also drop it off for the Commandante at Guerrero Negro in a couple of weeks.

Good!

Perhaps include ocshredder's post (above yours that I quoted) and any others describing inappropriate behavior.

As far as TalkBaja, the admin posted an explanation of why he deleted the original post.

[Edited on 8-19-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:16 AM

I dont know how often but the crews at checkpoints change regularly so what happened a week ago may not be relevant when a new shift arrives.

Sounds like a bad team was or perhaps still is at that checkpoint and it is a good example of how one can travel baja for 30 years and never have a problem until it happens.

It's like hitting a cow...sooner or later it will happen as will encountering corrupt cops.

If it had happened to me I would have reported the incident immediately to other authorities. Very Baja savy guests of ours yesterday reported getting shaken down in Tecate for a pocket knife too...first time ever for them.

So lesson learned here is carefully watch the soldiers searching and report any incidents. The military are supposed to be here to protect tourists not abuse them.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
hermosok123
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:17 AM

This is not current information but historical in regards to this checkpoint. In 2016 while towing a trailer and with my wife ill sleeping in it, I was of course searched. A grunt going through my truck while I stood watching him with my Belgian Malinois also watching him very intently. Nothing of note as I had my backpack in my hands and he looked inside then handed it back. The officer also observing waved at the grunt and told him he was going to search the trailer. I closed the truck, didn't lock it and with the dog went back to the trailer. Half way through the trailer search the grunt told him to finish and that I needed to move the truck. Grunt telling officer what to do should have sent up a flare. When I got to the turn off at Abreojos checked my bag and the 8k building fund was gone. So stupid of me. No I didn't report it wanted to get the sick wife home to Ensenada. They obviously had played this game a few times.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redmercury  

Say what???

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hermosok123  
This is not current information but historical in regards to this checkpoint. In 2016 while towing a trailer and with my wife ill sleeping in it, I was of course searched. A grunt going through my truck while I stood watching him with my Belgian Malinois also watching him very intently. Nothing of note as I had my backpack in my hands and he looked inside then handed it back. The officer also observing waved at the grunt and told him he was going to search the trailer. I closed the truck, didn't lock it and with the dog went back to the trailer. Half way through the trailer search the grunt told him to finish and that I needed to move the truck. Grunt telling officer what to do should have sent up a flare. When I got to the turn off at Abreojos checked my bag and the 8k building fund was gone. So stupid of me. No I didn't report it wanted to get the sick wife home to Ensenada. They obviously had played this game a few times.

For 8K you would not report it? Guerrero Negro is just up the hwy.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:48 AM

are we talking pesos or dollars Here?
bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:48 AM

On a group ride on motorcycles we had the opposite experience going north at San Ignacio about 10 years ago. when they opened up a buddy's tank bag, he had left his pot and pipe on the top of his stuff in the bag. The Commandante made him go to the back of the line and try again.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.