Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10
Author: Subject: Planted drugs at check point
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 05:40 PM

First time for everything.
Never agreed with JJJ before.
Military poser. Call it what you want, don't do it.

I once saw I guy get his neck broken for attempting to steal a Korean war medal. A red and black medal with (F R M), as the description, 1 medal issued.

With no enemy to fight most of the army was on leave, well not the scout. As usual, he went out at night to locate the enemy. He found them.

He walked into the enemy camp, killed the Colonel, put his uniform on, and stole the radio. He had to kill three more guys, and wrap the radio in one of their coats.

He alerted the US army. "This is Frank, there are approximately one million enemy soldiers here, do you understand this number 1,000,000." He estimated them to be 48 hours out. They made the march 18 hours.

Think about this while you are pretending to be a hero. Frank went back into the enemy camp to kill the General. Impersonating a colonel he made like something was wrong with his neck and tried to get the General to walk over to him. Didn't work. As he ran off into the woods he heard the general yell, "do not pursue."

Frank climbed down a cliff. He said they fired so many bullets down the cliff, they cut all the vines. He had to hide in the river for 3 days.
"Another couple of minutes and it got light out," almost caught. He lived to tell the tale.

The poser guy talks about how bad to the bone he is.
The guy that spent 2/3 of his time in Korea behind enemy lines, is soft spoken and mild mannered.
Frank worked for the Secret Service until November 26 1963, then worked as a 6th grade school teacher for over 20 years, and a forest ranger in the summer.

None of his friends or work mates ever knew he killed the enemy 349 times with his hands, not a gun or knife. Silence is life giving.

Next time you visit Yellowstone park, take a look at the old bearded rangers steal blue eyes.

Don't try to steal his war medal.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 05:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I hate people who buy old cop cars and don't repaint them. Highway Terrorists!!!!

John

See, I knew people knew what I was talking about.

Yes, the LE posers, buy old Ford Crown Victoria, cars that were retired as fleet officer cars, and then they ride around terrorizing the public because their cars look exactly like cop cars from the rear view mirror.

Since this is a Baja forum, Mexican fake cops sometimes ride around in unmarked cars, or even stop you on the street with their fake badges to get a bribe, although I wouldn't call them LE posers, more like opportunists criminals looking for victims.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Nice try DaliDali, to try to get the "Baja Nomad" Military Veterans, to dislike JoeJustJoe.
]

Take heed Joe....you don't need any help for people to dislike you, Vets or not.

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 05:59 PM

That is why I always carry an expired drivers license.
First question back to a crooked cop is if he is married???
Then you recite the phone number of the local Sindictura
(public corruption agency phone number you should know)
Then ask the officer how his wife will treat him if he gets fired.
They throw my license in my face every time ( twice in 25 years)

Es Todo Bueno
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 06:00 PM

Haven't been down in 10 years ... just about

The potential of something like this happening can not be ruled out, at this time.

Given the level of corruption which in fact occurs in Mexico within LE at all levels ... Which is a fact, sadly.

Police corruption in Mexico

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_corruption_in_Mexico

I wish it wasn't this way .... but, it is ... at this time

For some of us old timers ... These problems didn't exist 50 + years ago at the current level ... times change and so do people ... some good some bad

However, it is up to the individual to assess the risk and make their own decision ... my brother in law and his wife are going to be retiring next year and plan on moving down to live in Mexico on the main land and buying a house ... They will rent for a year to check it out

They used to go down every year south of Mulegé a bit and didn't have any problems for 20 years ... and my brother in law took a pistol the entire time ... kept it under the front seat

I've been lucky too ... never a problem with LE ... in many, many years while in Mexico and/or Baja ... I didn't take a gun though, too risky for me :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by wessongroup]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 06:52 PM
Crooked is a Relative Concept

I've NEVER met a CROOKED Cop.

While I've often contributed various amounts to Mexican Border personnel for their cooperation in facilitating my importation of goods and there have been a number of occasions in which I was able to enlist law enforcement to assume responsibility for paying any fines incurred as a result of a legitimate traffic infraction, I have never encountered an official or officer that I would refer to as CROOKED !

Entrepreneurial, perhaps.

On ONE occasion there was a difference of opinion with an officer over whether 40MPH was a violation of the 60KPH shown on that road. MY position was that areas with Dual Signage (which it was not) indicated 60KPH/40MPH. His position was that 60KPH translated to 36MPH. Given his insistence that his position was correct, I acquiesced and he agreed (at my request) to transport my payment for the violation.

A service which I have often wished was available in the U.S. given that it includes NO record-keeping and associated insurance penalty.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 07:26 PM

If the soldier inspectors are giving out free drugs to inspectees, I will definitely stop by for inspection!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 02:05 PM

I saw a news article on Mexico Daily News, I believe, that was quoting the incoming "Security Chief" as being in favor of the legalization of marijuana for recreational and medicinal purposes.

And a Mexico City judge just ruled that Mexico City's LOCAL law that allows medicinal use is legal.

Based on these two stories, I'd say that marijuana, even in small amounts, may not be legal.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 03:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I saw a news article on Mexico Daily News, I believe, that was quoting the incoming "Security Chief" as being in favor of the legalization of marijuana for recreational and medicinal purposes.

And a Mexico City judge just ruled that Mexico City's LOCAL law that allows medicinal use is legal.

Based on these two stories, I'd say that marijuana, even in small amounts, may not be legal.

But Marijuana is decriminalized in Mexico, starting in 2009.

Just like in the US 13 states have decriminalized marijuana, but not legalized it.

That's a big difference, and gives cops room to mess with you, although courts aren't suppose to convict you with a small amount of marijuana, and instead they are suppose to refer you for diversion programs.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 04:16 PM

I saw the best old poser cop car the other day. Some young girl was driving, had stickers all over the back of it.

Her license was YHCRANA. Did not really notice till I got in front of her. Classic!!! Gave her a big thumbs up!!! Gotta love the creativity.

John
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 04:41 PM

Therein lies the rub......maybe or maybe not.

Maybe it's just me....but in any case, it would be extremely foolish to "test" the young soldiers at a checkpoint on how he sees it all.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 05:33 PM

But Marijuana is decriminalized in Mexico, starting in 2009.

Just like in the US 13 states have decriminalized marijuana, but not legalized it.

That's a big difference, and gives cops room to mess with you, although courts aren't suppose to convict you with a small amount of marijuana, and instead they are suppose to refer you for diversion programs.

Even if they legalize pot in Mexico, the gringo cash cow stoner will still be threatened with arrest — soldiers Gotta eat!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:08 PM

An old employer back in the 90's used to fly in clients to the old San Ignacio airport for cave trips with anthropologist / archaeologist guides to the northern caves. Right after the military takeover of the aeropuetro and newly established SI checkpoint he was shaken down for mordida. Being fluent in Spanish (raised by a Mexican nanny, silver-spooner) he protested. The Officer In Charge proceeded to pull his pistola and shoved it up his nose, leaned into and over him and said,

"Tiene Armas, Tiene Poder".

My former boss paid the fine. :no:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 05:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

Therein lies the rub......maybe or maybe not.

Maybe it's just me....but in any case, it would be extremely foolish to "test" the young soldiers at a checkpoint on how he sees it all.

DaliDali, where are your stones?

What's the young soldiers going to do with you at the checkpoint if they find less than 5 grams of marijuana on you?

Are they going to call the police to arrest you and take you in front of the judge, who will only suspend any sentence and let you go or tell you to enter a diversion program.

You have about a 95% chance of not even going before a judge, because it would be a waste of time of the military, cop, and judge, since carry a small amount of illegal drugs for personal use has been decriminalized.

The only possible value you have for the military or cop, is to scare you, and maybe take you for a ride and tour of the desert in hopes you give in and give them what they really want, but that's if they are corrupt. Hang tough, and I bet they let you go.

Now I do hear the judges have wide discretion when it comes to the law, especially this law involving personal of a small amount of drugs like marijuana, meth, and coke. But while we hear lots of complaints about corrupt Mexican cops, I don't even too many complaints about Mexican judges.

Now Mexico did legalized medical marijuana, and if that's what you have, you will fare even better, however, I hear this is very tricky, and the THC in Mexico, has to be very weak, to go the medical marijuana route.

But with Canada, legalizing recreational Marijuana, in a couple of month, and the US, and Mexico, right behind Canada. I think in a few years, smoking marijuana won't be a problem anywhere in the Americas.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 07:52 PM

Personal use of small quantities of marijuana is decriminalized in Mexico, (while not the case throughout US) though most Mexican cops and military don't understand since there is little reporting about it, or they can't read, of course few criminal cases go anywhere in Mexico so threats from cops or military are just hype.

Possession of small quantities is considered a delito de salud or health infraction and if you are observed and caught you are given a suggestion for an appointment with a psychologist who is a usually a woman and there you talk about stress in your life and relationships with family if you decide to attend.

There have been Supreme Court cases which decided Mexicans (people in Mexico) have the right to grow and use marijuana, though the impact of the decision is unclear.

AMLO has suggested radical changes will occur to reduce negative impact of cartel and gangs distribution of marijauna and the drugs and further legalize personal use of marijuana.

The problem today is opioids, meth, crystal, and synthetic drugs that are at the core of cartel violence in US/Mexico.

Most of the distribution is apparently done with complicity of Mexican and US government, military, banking, policing and prisons.

North Americans may recall under Democratic National Party Leadership our highest legal officer Attorney General Eric Holder resigned due to "obstruction of justice" and unwillingness to testify about the Obama administrations direct support of cartel violence and drug distribution under the policies known as Gun Walking and Fast and Furious that shipped illegal high power weapons to cartels and those weapons are the ones used today to create the most violent murder rate in the world in Baja. In 2009 the DEA met with and struck deals with cartels. Today still there is a huge problem with corruption of homeland security and CBP due to its history.

Previously, under Republican Party leadership Regan "I didn't know" he supported massive drug distribution in the US for profit to support gun running to Nicaragua when we supported Noriega before we didn't anymore. US government complicity in creating a criminal network to profit from drugs distribution and destabilization should be common knowledge for anyone who can read though somehow US government involvement in the octopus of drugs/arms/money/policing/prisons/ corruption is always forgotten because it's just a easy "mistake that got out of control' ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/05/mexic...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/04/mexico-supreme...

http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2015/11/mexican-supreme-court...

https://larouchepub.com/pr/2018/180707_amlo_legalizatiion.ht...

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-us-government-and-the-si...

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/03/exposing_er...

https://www.texasobserver.org/homeland-security-corruption-b...

http://world.time.com/2014/01/14/dea-boosted-mexican-drug-ca...

[Edited on 8-26-2018 by gnukid]
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 07:12 AM

So much testosterone, such little time.

BTW, try some banana with that cashew butter, delicious combination.
8knots
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 08:16 AM

No, this is beyond any impact of testosterone. Small minded and self-centered folks who love to bully via internet....taking up space, sucking the air out of that space and offering nothing constructive.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 11:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
So much testosterone, such little time.

BTW, try some banana with that cashew butter, delicious combination.

Yep....and some avocado and sprouts.....yum:light:

Don't believe everything you think....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 01:14 PM

I'm actually in agreement with much of what Gunkid, said, before he went off the deep end with Fast and Furious, some of his conspiracy theories, and those dubious right-wing, dubious links he supports himself with.

Yes, marijuana is decriminalized, although it's loosely regulated on some kind of health basis. Gunkkid, really didn't have to say the Mexican military doesn't know how to read, although having the Military as a local police force, does have it's drawbacks, and not knowing the law is one of them.

The Mexican Supreme Court, did grant four Mexicans the right to grow marijuana for personal use, but Mexico, hasn't caught on with legal precedents, so it's unclear what it means for others who grow marijuana for personal use, although it's legal for the four Mexicans in the court case.

AMLO, does pose radical changes to the drug laws, so in the future there probably won't be any gray areas, and most people in Mexico, will be free to smoke, eat or inject their favorite drug of their choice in their bodies, provided it's a small quantity of drugs for personal use.

We do know for sure Reagan, had the CIA, supplying places like South Central LA, with meth, but for the other conspiracy theories it's mostly speculation, and hype, but with probably a little truth to some of the rumors.

Fast and Furious, was a mistake, mostly a moral mistake, that went on too long, however, it at least confirmed what most of us already knew, that most of the weapons arming the Mexican cartel, was coming from the US. Before Fast and Furious, the GOP, and their followers, blamed all other countries like Russia, and central America, for the weapons except they never blamed the US, and the US lax gun laws.

Eric Holder, didn't resign over Obstruction of Justice, the GOP, tried to hang him with. Obama, had Eric Holders, back, and although there was some pressure on Holder to resign, Eric Holder went out when he wanted to retire.

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Personal use of small quantities of marijuana is decriminalized in Mexico, (while not the case throughout US) though most Mexican cops and military don't understand since there is little reporting about it, or they can't read, of course few criminal cases go anywhere in Mexico so threats from cops or military are just hype.

Possession of small quantities is considered a delito de salud or health infraction and if you are observed and caught you are given a suggestion for an appointment with a psychologist who is a usually a woman and there you talk about stress in your life and relationships with family if you decide to attend.

There have been Supreme Court cases which decided Mexicans (people in Mexico) have the right to grow and use marijuana, though the impact of the decision is unclear.

AMLO has suggested radical changes will occur to reduce negative impact of cartel and gangs distribution of marijauna and the drugs and further legalize personal use of marijuana.

The problem today is opioids, meth, crystal, and synthetic drugs that are at the core of cartel violence in US/Mexico.

Most of the distribution is apparently done with complicity of Mexican and US government, military, banking, policing and prisons.

North Americans may recall under Democratic National Party Leadership our highest legal officer Attorney General Eric Holder resigned due to "obstruction of justice" and unwillingness to testify about the Obama administrations direct support of cartel violence and drug distribution under the policies known as Gun Walking and Fast and Furious that shipped illegal high power weapons to cartels and those weapons are the ones used today to create the most violent murder rate in the world in Baja. In 2009 the DEA met with and struck deals with cartels. Today still there is a huge problem with corruption of homeland security and CBP due to its history.

Previously, under Republican Party leadership Regan "I didn't know" he supported massive drug distribution in the US for profit to support gun running to Nicaragua when we supported Noriega before we didn't anymore. US government complicity in creating a criminal network to profit from drugs distribution and destabilization should be common knowledge for anyone who can read though somehow US government involvement in the octopus of drugs/arms/money/policing/prisons/ corruption is always forgotten because it's just a easy "mistake that got out of control' ...

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 02:25 PM

Eric Holder, didn't resign over Obstruction of Justice, the GOP, tried to hang him with. Obama, had Eric Holders, back, and although there was some pressure on Holder to resign, Eric Holder went out when he wanted to retire.

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

To set the record straight on Eric...

For the first time in history, the House on Thursday held a Cabinet member in contempt of Congress, bringing to a head an epic clash between House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Attorney General Eric Holder and paving the way for a protracted court battle over whether the Justice Department can shield internal documents under executive privilege.

The 255-67 vote was particularly lopsided because dozens of Democrats, led by Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) and the Congressional Black Caucus, walked off the floor, refusing to participate in what they called an “illegitimate” charade.

Seventeen Democrats joined Republicans in voting to hold Holder in contempt. It was a repudiation by members of his own party and a sign of the political stakes of a vote the National Rifle Association will score. Two Republicans voted against contempt, Reps. Scott Rigell (Va.) and Steven LaTourette (Ohio). Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-Ill.) voted present.

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.