BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10
Author: Subject: Planted drugs at check point
JohnGaltSpeaking
Junior Nomad

Mood: where have all of the smart people gone?

[*] posted on 8-30-2018 at 03:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Beagle  
Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  

Per discussion with my (educated) Mexican wife on this topic during our little trip through the check points , whose brother is a Policia estatal here in BCS, it is becoming clear that law enforcement is getting tired of people cheating their system.They are not stupid as many gringos want to believe. He and other Policia do in fact target gringos who do try and " beat" the system and it will be getting worse. His thought are " if they ( gringos) feel they can just come down and not respect OUR rules, we can try and make them think about it a little more"...hense possibly the reason more searches at check points or (of topic) more people with illegitimate plates get targeted more than other gringos.

Personally we are glad they are stepping up and trying to make Mexico a better place and maybe get rid of those who just want to come down and use and abuse. Mexico that is

Ok I rarely chime in on these threads that dissolve into this level but this one...this one..

Wait, do you actually live or spend time in Mexico? Other than the family connection... Are you serious? This quote especially ""it is becoming clear that law enforcement is getting tired of people cheating their system." Dude, do you really in all honesty with a straight face believe that the Mexican legal sector and especially the police at the municiple and state level.... "cracks down" on things because of their passion for the law and jurisprudence? At the very most, they would be cracking down on someone gaming the system if they thought they could get a piece of the action. That's at the most. And I'm all for it, they don't get paid squat.

If they "want gringos to think a little more" they'd write tickets and send them to the station. It's an op for a money grab. Period.

A lot of them are hard working and good folks but lets please not jump over the moon and say that bribe set ups and random pull overs are because of some romantic idea that they're tired of people "breaking the law". That's a joke. We know it and you can ask any other Mexican on your way back to the border the same question. Other than your wife, obviously or her brother.

You can't throw a rock in Mexico with out hitting someone or something "breaking a law".

I guess they'll be rounding up all the Narcos then the week after next...I mean, if the gringos annoy them with their license plate game...imagine what wonton executions of fellow citizens must make them feel like.

Please don't take offense but that's just total BS.

glad you decided to chime in, especially with the truth.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-30-2018 at 05:34 PM
Chinese Food bugging Mexican Law Enforcement ?

" ...... imagine what wonton executions of fellow citizens must make them feel like ........"
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2018 at 05:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
" ...... imagine what wonton executions of fellow citizens must make them feel like ........"

That's something I would think they'd be more inclined to take action against.

Thanks, Bill. fixed it. Guess I'm hungry.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-31-2018 at 08:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mike Bowers  

On August 8 we were stopped and moved to Secondary Inspection at the Federal check station just outside of San Ignacio. During the search before being sent to Secondary checking the soldier said and I quote “You Americans are bad. You bring drugs into our country and hurt our children.” Also said and I quote what Don Arnold told me, “American’s are bad people”. It got worse from there.

For some reason the federal check people are mad at Americans.

Regarding this alleged incident from Mike Bowers, that I still think is over exaggerated and I doubt it was reported to any Mexican authorities is this part of the incident, where a Mexican Military berated him and Don Arnold, for being bad people.

Many Americans in Baja, and I personally have heard that same thing over the years, on Tijuana, from corrupt Mexican cops, telling you how bad Americans are for coming to Mexico, to do drugs and other vices that you don't do back home, and so you disrespect Mexico.......blah blah blah.....

But if you ask me, it's just an act, and I doubt, the Mexicans cops, military, or the Mexican citizens, are really mad at Americans, like Mike claims, although I'm sure there is no love lost towards Americans.

If anything, if you ever hear this, mostly likely it's just a corrupt official, usually a cop, just looking for a bribe, and just wants to scare you, so you give him what he really wants.

[Edited on 8-31-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2018 at 08:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by Mike Bowers  

On August 8 we were stopped and moved to Secondary Inspection at the Federal check station just outside of San Ignacio. During the search before being sent to Secondary checking the soldier said and I quote “You Americans are bad. You bring drugs into our country and hurt our children.” Also said and I quote what Don Arnold told me, “American’s are bad people”. It got worse from there.

For some reason the federal check people are mad at Americans.

But if you ask me, it's just an act

[Edited on 8-31-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Like it's been said before Joe.....NO ONE is asking you.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-31-2018 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

I don't recall asking for permission to express my opinion, and so I will say what I want, and will continue to express my views when I feel like it.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2018 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

I don't recall asking for permission to express my opinion, and so I will say what I want, and will continue to express my views when I feel like it.

No problem Joe......have at it.

Just be prepared from someone to call you out on that opinion now and again and debunk it as nonsense.

It remains.....no one is asking for your opinion....you do quite well in offering your own versions on a daily basis......and many instances of multi daily offerings of Joes version of right and wrong.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Split
8-31-2018 at 08:57 PM
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.