Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Now we're talking money
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 05:12 PM
Now we're talking money

50 tonnes of meth seized in Sinaloa; estimated value US $5 billion

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/50-tonnes-of-meth-seized-in...

good for the cops!

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
8-18-2018 at 06:23 PM
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 07:54 PM

Great to hear of a bust this size! I sounds like the marines were the muscle on this takedown.

Meth does more damage physically, mentally, and socially and faster than any other commonly used drug. It isn't just for export either, Mexico has a real, and growing problem!

It would be wonderful to know that all of it was destroyed on site, but that is not the way I would bet given the value involved!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 08:40 PM

What a waste of time and money making these big meth busts.

The only thing this does is get drug addicts to turn to more dangerous drugs like Heroin, and also turn to the most dangerous drug in the world, which is alcohol!

I can't wait till new Mexican President, López Obrador, starts in office, so he will put a stop to the losing American or Mexican "war on drugs."

Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or heroin

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-drugs-alcohol/drug-expert...

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 08:49 PM
Dude, you are seriously out of touch

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

The only thing this does is get drug addicts to turn to more dangerous drugs like Heroin, and also turn to the most dangerous drug in the world, which is alcohol!

I can't wait till new Mexican President, López Obrador, starts in office, so he will put a stop to the losing American or Mexican "war on drugs."

I have chaired the board of a rehab center for the past 8 years.
We would rather have a guy shoot up heroin in our lunchroom than see evidence of meth on his person.
Meth is Death!!!
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2018 at 09:50 PM

and also turn to the most dangerous drug in the world, which is alcohol!

Good point, often ignored

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 06:50 AM

In the words of Winston Churchill,

" I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Dude, you are seriously out of touch

I have chaired the board of a rehab center for the past 8 years.
We would rather have a guy shoot up heroin in our lunchroom than see evidence of meth on his person.
Meth is Death!!!

The Bajarunner, do you have a link to back up what you're saying? I ask because I'm tired of "Baja Nomad" members, claiming they have some type of specialized alleged credentials on certain topics as if that's supposed to end the debate.

Now actually I was just repeating what the Lancer study said, about alcohol being the most dangerous drug in the world, and from looking at the rankings, both Meth and Heroin are pretty close, as they are both bad addicted drugs, but usually Heroin ranks a little higher on many scales.

My other main point was the "war of drugs" is a losing war, and a waste of time and money.

In the early 2000's around 2005, the US was pretty successful, at stopping the buying of the legal ingredients to making meth, like many of the cold medicines, so the drug dealers, switch to selling heroin once again, and we now have all those deaths involving heroin overdose, or death by heroin like Fentanyl, that's laced in these drugs, and we have the opioid crisis.

But now meth is also back with a vengeance because the Mexican cartels, can easily provide cheap meth, to Americans, and their never ending insatiable appetite for drugs.

Here is one of my links that shows the drug ranking of the most dangerous drugs:

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8094759/alcohol-marijuana

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:17 AM

Happy to see that LSD and Mushrooms are at the bottom of the list.

Surprisingly enough that they both carry ridiculously HIGH penalties..

This system is SO F'ed up !!!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 03:15 PM

SMH

Making America Great Again
redmercury
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 03:32 PM

The Bajarunner, do you have a link to back up what you're saying? I ask because I'm tired of "Baja Nomad" members, claiming they have some type of specialized alleged credentials on certain topics as if that's supposed to end the debate.

Now actually I was just repeating what the Lancer study said, about alcohol being the most dangerous drug in the world, and from looking at the rankings, both Meth and Heroin are pretty close, as they are both bad addicted drugs, but usually Heroin ranks a little higher on many scales.

My other main point was the "war of drugs" is a losing war, and a waste of time and money.

In the early 2000's around 2005, the US was pretty successful, at stopping the buying of the legal ingredients to making meth, like many of the cold medicines, so the drug dealers, switch to selling heroin once again, and we now have all those deaths involving heroin overdose, or death by heroin like Fentanyl, that's laced in these drugs, and we have the opioid crisis.

But now meth is also back with a vengeance because the Mexican cartels, can easily provide cheap meth, to Americans, and their never ending insatiable appetite for drugs.

Here is one of my links that shows the drug ranking of the most dangerous drugs:

https://www.vox.com/2015/2/24/8094759/alcohol-marijuana

Alcohol is not a drug. It is a food, a carbohydrate. If you were on a desert island with nothing but alcoholic beverages to consume, it would keep you alive. None of the other items on the list, with the possible exception of mushrooms, would help you stay alive. I have no idea how butane got in the list.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 05:53 PM
Don't be Dumb - Stick with that Demon Rum.

Liquor is an Elixir. Good for the body and the soul. Healthy and good-tasting, too.

In moderation.

Unlike just about EVERY other drug on any lists, non-addicting to other than the weak or defective.

Speaking of which ...................... Time for a Stella Artois.

Maybe (or not) even two before nightfall.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2018 at 08:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Liquor is an Elixir. Good for the body and the soul. Healthy and good-tasting, too.

In moderation.

Unlike just about EVERY other drug on any lists, non-addicting to other than the weak or defective.

Speaking of which ...................... Time for a Stella Artois.

Maybe (or not) even two before nightfall.

Alcohol makes you delusional that all is OK and then the driving and the killing starts, thus the harm ranking.
Heroin addicts just coast to a stop and wait for Narcon, Crack heads couldn't start the car, it would scare em

Es Todo Bueno
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 05:25 PM
The Problem Lies with the People.

The Weak and/or Defective.

Who lack the ability to act responsibly.

Harsh measures and punishment should be directed at removing their ability to adversely affect the rest of us.

Incarceration for Injudicial Inebriation !
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 07:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by redmercury  

Alcohol is not a drug. It is a food, a carbohydrate. If you were on a desert island with nothing but alcoholic beverages to consume, it would keep you alive. None of the other items on the list, with the possible exception of mushrooms, would help you stay alive. I have no idea how butane got in the list.

Only you Red, thinks of alcohol as a food.

What time do you start drinking your liquid food in the morning?

I never heard of getting high with butane either, but apparently you mix it with pot, and you get 'wax."

New drug craze combines pot, butane

https://www.koat.com/article/new-drug-craze-combines-pot-but...

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-20-2018 at 09:29 PM

It used to get cooked up in the rural areas of the states ... appears they® must have gotten some degree of control ... with the replacement cook shops now in Mexico

Difficult to understand the desire to go down that road as a "user"

How a Common Fertilizer Became a Meth Magnet

https://modernfarmer.com/2013/05/how-a-common-fertilizer-bec...

I hear they® are rather harsh when it comes to penalties in some nations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_for_drug_tr...

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

World Drug Report Reveals The Staggering Extent Of North America's Meth Problem

https://www.businessinsider.com/north-america-has-a-massive-...

Looking at the numbers ... would appear to be only growing

Well maybe that will take care of over population ... Not sure about the social costs, going that way

[Edited on 9-23-2018 by BajaNomad]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2018 at 01:20 PM

Marijuana is more dangerous than steroids? More "Reefer Madness" propaganda run amok.

John
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2018 at 04:59 PM

The graph is deceiving the number people that use alcohol and that alcohol is legal purchase is going to raise numbers of harm . But if you figure by percentage of use meth users vs alcohol users I would bet meth is the more harm ful drug

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.