Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Shame on you Antonio
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 09:02 AM

All's well that ends well. No pun intended. :saint:
Maybe OP can change post title to something like "i pulled in and could not understand WTF was going on but now i do"? or not.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 10:06 AM

In spite of the fact that Antonio has many friends here that would by gas regardless of the conditions, it is still a business and Antonio runs it like one (and also makes a very good living doing so). Thanks OP for bringing these poor conditions to everybody's attention.
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 10:58 AM

For every problem there is a solution .

http://somethinbizarre.blogspot.com/2010/10/chinas-wonderful...

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 11:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Consider me castigated. The more vitriolic posts, from the usual suspects, I ignore. The rational responses are appreciated. Antonio's answer was also constructive in putting more light on the issue. I would like to add a few notes to clarify my motivation in the first place. The sign said there was NO water, that was simply not true and it bothered me that someone was filling the mop bucket right under the sign. Next door the dirt was being watered. I asked for a key for what I considered an urgent need. The cashier said she did not have one. OK, I went up to the office - they also said they did not have a key. Oh sure! Later, at the motel, we observed a contractor's pick-up filling up 11(eleven) 5 gal. containers from the hose in the parking lot. I assume they were guests at the motel. An employee was washing down the walkway. I would like to humbly suggest having a key available with the bathrooms well marked as to the water shortage. You could even turn off the sink taps. You may have an employee stress the water shortage when handing out the key. Attach the key to an EMPTY water bottle. Using the bathroom while stopping for gas is a time honored tradition. My bad for assuming that what I remembered was a nice place to be as it always was. Boycott is not what I was suggesting and my post was poorly worded. I am suggesting that you make other plans if you count on a bathroom when you stop. To all you cowboys that prefer to water the cholla you may be interested to hear that the old Mexico you knew in 1970 is changing. If you're not interested in changing with it so be it. Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

No one cares.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 01:12 PM

+JZ

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 02:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
+JZ

++JZ

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 03:02 PM

+++JZ
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 03:36 PM

++++JZ
Defiantly a Snowflake
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 04:51 PM

I care ! About what ? I haven't a clue ............

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CJ  
++++JZ
Defiantly a Snowflake

Defiantly or definitely ??????????????

Don't believe everything you think....
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Chasing the water deeper will create more storage capacity in a well, but probably not for long as the water table continues to drop.

Yep. There is no long-term solution with constantly increasing needs and limited supply. Have a feeling that it's not the banos on gas stations that use the most water in Baja.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 07:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Consider me castigated. The more vitriolic posts, from the usual suspects, I ignore. The rational responses are appreciated. Antonio's answer was also constructive in putting more light on the issue. I would like to add a few notes to clarify my motivation in the first place. The sign said there was NO water, that was simply not true and it bothered me that someone was filling the mop bucket right under the sign. Next door the dirt was being watered. I asked for a key for what I considered an urgent need. The cashier said she did not have one. OK, I went up to the office - they also said they did not have a key. Oh sure! Later, at the motel, we observed a contractor's pick-up filling up 11(eleven) 5 gal. containers from the hose in the parking lot. I assume they were guests at the motel. An employee was washing down the walkway. I would like to humbly suggest having a key available with the bathrooms well marked as to the water shortage. You could even turn off the sink taps. You may have an employee stress the water shortage when handing out the key. Attach the key to an EMPTY water bottle. Using the bathroom while stopping for gas is a time honored tradition. My bad for assuming that what I remembered was a nice place to be as it always was. Boycott is not what I was suggesting and my post was poorly worded. I am suggesting that you make other plans if you count on a bathroom when you stop. To all you cowboys that prefer to water the cholla you may be interested to hear that the old Mexico you knew in 1970 is changing. If you're not interested in changing with it so be it. Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

No one cares.

And no one cares what a$$-wipe jizz thinks! :lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 07:48 PM

how rude

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 08:03 PM

This reminds me of 3rd grade. Amazing that all you blow hards feel a need to continue to show your asses. You all made your point. Dont stay there or do, but please move along kids.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-23-2018 at 08:50 PM

jeez, chuckie...... I thought you were disagreeing with the turdbird. :o

I rescind my previse post. Who gives a chit what Jizzy sez or thinks too.

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 02:47 AM

hola Antonio Muñoz
BajaCactus,

i thank you very much for your gracious and very difficult to give response. difficult to give meaning for all that you do and have done for us.

yes, water is a very fragile necessity of which no one has any control of or understanding how a simple gas station must be run as dictated by the mexican government and services as simple as a bathroom can be complicated by a water shortage.

i am very sure that antonio is trying to correct this situation.

instead of boycotting antonio, how about trying to remember with your very short memories when there were gas and diesel shortages years ago, he had the residents and businesses of the town and countryside cut back on their filling up and filling up OUR ( GRINGO ) cars, trucks and rv's that i am sure didn't please the residents, but allowed US to be able to get to where we were going.

instead of giving antonio such a difficult time, maybe even give a special propina for his digging a very expensive deep well that can serve him ( and us ) far into the future so some of us can PEE AND POOP ! as well as giving monies for the extraordinary ambulance and fire services that he's providing that hopefully we won't need but would be there JUST IN CASE !!!!!!

just my two yen and THANK GOD ANTONIO IS THERE FOR US !!

BIEN SALUD,,DA RAT

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 06:06 AM

lost in the wasteland of nomadonia.....

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:26 AM

Some of us get it, Chuck :cool:

I stayed at the motel (as I do when coming down that way) one time and left my wallet at the front counter when checking out....before getting gas. I was unaware of the misplacement....and while pumping gas, Antonio's father came up to me with my wallet....

His alertness saved me an extended panic attack.....

They have my business and respect.

Don't believe everything you think....
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:42 AM

Oh,I get it Eddie....Antonio does a great job, always has....under difficult circumstances.....I was referencing the whirlaword re Jizzys comment...Which clearly left YOU confused...EH?

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:59 AM

i am ashamed at this thread...that someone expects Antonio to be ashamed for the water issue that is beyond his control. Of all people on this board, Antonio deserves our support and respect for his proven, time honoured commitment to helping people in general...and saving lives.

thank you for responding Antonio and boy I sure feel bad for your water situation there....especially with your new projects at the hotel. It must be very frustrating and costly. Water shortage is one of the worst things that can happen for a hotelier. How can we help you?
There are lots of other bathroom options in El Rosario...the bus terminal and restaurants come to mind and I imagine if you explained the problem with a disabled wife they would have let you use the bathroom at the hotel.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.