Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Shame on you Antonio
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 09:15 AM

Maybe the OP (weebray) will consider editing the title of his post from "Shame on you Antonio" to "Baja Cactus struggles with water crisis" or some other neutral wording. Antonio never lies and has always been a hero and non-political. The bathroom in his motel lobby has ALWAYS been available when the Pemex bathrooms were closed. Antonio has posted that many time over the years. It is the door to the left of the front desk.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 09:26 AM

well at least Antonio must listen....go back five years and listen to the mostly negative hotel reviews by prominent nomads, of course with the exception of you know who :rolleyes: so Antonio has made strides and I sure hope this water issue gets better....pray for lots of rain!

and interestingly enough, notice who authored the thread!

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=66274#pid8020...

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 09:39 AM

If a restroom is unusable because there is no water, it should remain locked, or it will quickly become unusable because of disgusting conditions.

However....I suggest that Antonio immediately adopt a policy of making sure that there is a bucket of water in the restroom at all times for an emergency flush and refill! All employees should be trained that a customer with an urgent need should be promptly given access, or the key.

It is only a short term fix, but it would prevent a customer from having a bad experience that will tarnish the image of the business.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 10:03 AM

I can confirm everything Antonio said regarding the water situation in El Rosario.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaCactus  

Nevertheless my Staff at the Gas Station have direct instructions to, at their discretion, offer to any customer at the Gas Station, the use our facilities at the Motel, where we do have some water. You just need to ask.

In follow-up posts, it seems this notation by Antonio has been overlooked. It's always been my understanding that Nomads (or perhaps anyone who asks) is invited to use the hotel's lobby bathroom. It's right next to the desk, small but convenient, clean, and incredibly appreciated. Hope you appreciate it as well, and kindly leave it as clean for the next person.

:)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 11:39 AM

At hand on all trips.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:21 PM

Those are so useful at the border line.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:25 PM

Once, I tried to use one of those to poo in ???

Didn't work out as I had intended...............................

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 12:37 PM
Portable restrooms...

Portable restrooms now available... It is not an elegant solution... And expensive... But nonetheless a solution.

And as mentioned, the restroom at the Motel Frontdesk has been always available as well.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and support.

Antonio Muñoz
BajaCactus

IMG-20180825-WA0013.jpg - 25kB

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 01:29 PM

Baja Cactus does give a crap about their customers. Well done Antonio!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 04:44 PM

Weebray wins! Sad.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Weebray wins! Sad.

OP owes Antonio an apology.

And an attitude adjustment on how to be in Baja without whining.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 08:23 PM
That's Progress, I Guess

The fact that some of those who travel extensively in Baja have any expectation of encountering a clean restroom is amazing.

WHO would have thought that they'd see THAT day ?

Of course, even those who do will be mostly disappointed.

It's contrary to the culture.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-25-2018 at 09:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marc  
At hand on all trips.

Some of us got enough self-respect (and lack of prostate problem) to get out of the car to pee!
When I get so incontinenent and immobile that I resort to Depends and peeing in Gatorade bottles, I think I will give up travel and hire a nurse/butler and stay home and drink whiskey and c-cktails all day

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 03:20 AM

Old saw: "How many doors does a Baja rest stop have? TWO, driver and passenger"......and there you have it.....

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2018 at 07:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

When I get so incontinenent and immobile that I resort to Depends and peeing in Gatorade bottles, I think I will give up travel and hire a nurse/butler and stay home and drink whiskey and c-cktails all day

Good that you said when not if. Plumbing changes are almost inevitable. You could stay home and drink all day now, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about aging. Just a thought.

[Edited on 8-26-2018 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 8-27-2018 at 07:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Weebray wins! Sad.

Sad but true Joe. Sad that most of the responders to my post spent so much time and energy trying to skewer the messenger. A familiar pattern on this forum. A few suggested my post was too abrupt and made unsubstantiated accusations. I agree, my post was rude and "limbaugheske". (note to self: do not write when upset or angry) Few chose to overlook the mistakes in form. One of the few that was thoughtful enough to actually think about the post was Antonio. I commend him for his quick response.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-27-2018 at 08:48 AM
Progress

The problem is that, the more Baja becomes like the []i]Estado Unidos, the less it is like the Baja we loved for the last 60+ years.

It is inevitable, though. BUT, judging from attitudes among those from Latin America here in the USA, resistance to restroom evolution will be one of the final barriers to fall.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2018 at 08:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  

I agree, my post was rude and "limbaugheske". (note to self: do not write when upset or angry) Few chose to overlook the mistakes in form. One of the few that was thoughtful enough to actually think about the post was Antonio. I commend him for his quick response.

To write Antonio should have shame because the OP was angry over a closed restroom is an embarrassment to anyone who knows Antonio.

Just another troll seeking attention by attacking a Nomad who supports this forum and his community.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2018 at 08:21 PM

Good job BC, I'll gas up and pee in the desert or rent a room! Hope the water works out, I really want to try the restaurant...
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.