Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Shame on you Antonio
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 12:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Since I don't hover over the computer waiting to make some "clever" vilification of a contributor it may take awhile for my response. I won't mention any names but ** you epitomize the exact kind of usless ant pod that sits by his computer waiting to jump in with nothing to say. Speak to the issue, state your opinion, otherwise keep it in your pants.

Weebray, have you read BajaCactus' reply and seen the photo of the temp fix since your post? I made a suggestion to you, above. You maybe didn't see it?
Why are you still "shaming Antonio"?
Did he not respond to you with courtesy and explain the situation that you called him a liar about?
There is an EDIT button next to your posts and you can fix errors.
I don't know how better this could have been handled? Too bad you missed all the past posts by this hospitable Baja businessman and Nomad member that told us the lobby bathroom at the motel was available to anyone. Just Edit and Save and clean away this uncalled-for smudge on Antonio's character.

Should not all Baja businesses treat customers, as well as Antonio has? Should we not reward that kind of business with patronage and recommendations? Now that you have the facts, how about it?

[Edited on 8-30-2018 by BajaNomad]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 01:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Weebray wins! Sad.

Sad but true Joe. Sad that most of the responders to my post spent so much time and energy trying to skewer the messenger. A familiar pattern on this forum. A few suggested my post was too abrupt and made unsubstantiated accusations. I agree, my post was rude and "limbaugheske". (note to self: do not write when upset or angry) Few chose to overlook the mistakes in form. One of the few that was thoughtful enough to actually think about the post was Antonio. I commend him for his quick response.

Yes you win Weebray, and while I don't agree with you, and see you like somebody in restaurant yelling at the poor waitress for burnt toast. ( no one needs to eat a restaurants mistake, but you don't have to be rude about it)

You are entitled to your opinion, and I don't see where anybody changed your mind about about the gas station and the closed bathroom. The bottom line is the gas station didn't meet your expectations, and you're entitled to leave your bad review.

I think David K, is wrong for demanding you to change the title of this thread you started, and admit you are wrong. Who is David K. the final arbitrator?

I think if anything, you made the gas station in El Rosario, more popular than ever, and it seems most think, Antonio is a class act, and he takes customer service and customer complaints seriously.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 01:54 PM

Joe, there was never any "demanding"... are you clear on that?
I asked if "maybe" he would consider editing the thread title now that he has the facts and heard from Antonio, who was extremely kind even after being called a "liar".
Perhaps weebray was unaware that anyone who posts here can EDIT their own posts. That's all.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 02:15 PM

such an angel, that DK!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 02:30 PM

That would be my wife...

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 04:04 PM
Joe, can you read English???

Weebray wins! Sad.

Sad but true Joe. Sad that most of the responders to my post spent so much time and energy trying to skewer the messenger. A familiar pattern on this forum. A few suggested my post was too abrupt and made unsubstantiated accusations. I agree, my post was rude and "limbaugheske". (note to self: do not write when upset or angry) Few chose to overlook the mistakes in form. One of the few that was thoughtful enough to actually think about the post was Antonio. I commend him for his quick response.

Yes you win Weebray, and while I don't agree with you, and see you like somebody in restaurant yelling at the poor waitress for burnt toast. ( no one needs to eat a restaurants mistake, but you don't have to be rude about it)

You are entitled to your opinion, and I don't see where anybody changed your mind about about the gas station and the closed bathroom. The bottom line is the gas station didn't meet your expectations, and you're entitled to leave your bad review.

I think David K, is wrong for demanding you to change the title of this thread you started, and admit you are wrong. Who is David K. the final arbitrator?

I think if anything, you made the gas station in El Rosario, more popular than ever, and it seems most think, Antonio is a class act, and he takes customer service and customer complaints seriously.

Here is a cut and paste of what David asked the OP poster....

"Maybe the OP (weebray) will consider editing the title of his post from "Shame on you Antonio" to "Baja Cactus struggles with water crisis" or some other neutral wording."

Do you hate DK so much that you can twist words to this degree?
Just wondering.....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 04:29 PM

The BajaRunner, I don't hate David K. I like David K.I don't like David K. politics, for example his views on global warnings.

However, I would never dream of showing David K. a few article making a case the global warming is real and man made, and then telling him or suggesting to him that he go back and edit his posts, telling everybody how wrong he was, and indeed global warming is real. I especially wouldn't do that, if David K. still clinged to his belief that man made global warming is a hoax.

Maybe David K. is not demanding Weebray, change his views, but the way it look to me is that David K. is sure trying to twist Weebray's arm to change his view/post.

I also didn't think David K. should have ran and forwarded Weebray's bad review to Antonio, in hopes Antonio, justify his actions to Weebray and others. It's a gas station, nobody would care about a call to boycott.

David K wrote: Maybe the OP (weebray) will consider editing the title of his post from "Shame on you Antonio" to "Baja Cactus struggles with water crisis" or some other neutral wording. Antonio never lies and has always been a hero and non-political. The bathroom in his motel lobby has ALWAYS been available when the Pemex bathrooms were closed. Antonio has posted that many time over the years. It is the door to the left of the front desk.

Why are you still "shaming Antonio"?

Did he not respond to you with courtesy and explain the situation that you called him a liar about?

There is an EDIT button next to your posts and you can fix errors.
I don't know how better this could have been handled? Too bad you missed all the past posts by this hospitable Baja businessman and Nomad member that told us the lobby bathroom at the motel was available to anyone. Just Edit and Save and clean away this uncalled-for smudge on Antonio's character.

[Edited on 8-28-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 04:50 PM
A Lot of Crap over taking a Crap ?

An amazingly dogged trivial pursuit over a single Poop.

Or Pee ? Both ?

That was never clarified, was it ?

But, it is (as usual) just a good excuse to bite back and forth. And, what more could be asked ?

At least the subject fits the debate and isn't about something weighty over which nobody here has any control, anyway.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 05:24 PM

Yes, Bill. It was about crap...Then it became about David and Antonio because he can not leave well enough alone. Now its all about David and the original crap has been flushed.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 06:09 PM
Well, now it is a bunch of crap

The length of the discussion is not about feces (except for several who apparently are fixated on that topic- sad)
It is about defending a good man
and a friend.
David defended a friend
I defended a friend
Others defended a friend
Simple and sweet
All the rest is a bunch of crap
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2018 at 06:57 PM

Too bad the op didn't just go to Antonio in the first place instead of opening this can of worms.

philodog
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 10:57 AM

I understand having a bad experience at a business and writing a hasty negative review based on assumptions. But when that review includes serious character defamation it's probably over the line. And when the business owner responds with a rational explanation and your assumptions are proved incorrect it is just inexcusable not to edit or remove the review because of a fragile ego. Weebray, you are a weak man.

[Edited on 8-29-2018 by philodog]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 11:42 AM

Damn, I'm going to have to switch sides and defend Weebray, although I think he is pretty crazy demanding that Mexican bathrooms, always be clean and open at all times.

However, I also think Weebray, has legitimate customer service concerns from an indifferent staff, where even Antonio, mentioned the staff had discretion to send customers to the motel to use the bathroom, but they didn't. The other stuff about nearby restaurants willing to always let customers use their bathroom is all and good, but perhaps Weebray, didn't know about it.

You have a bathroom emergency, even if the water is not working or turned off, give the guy one bucket of water, to flush the toilet in the bathroom after he or his wife uses it, or tell him where a nearby bathroom is. It's not that hard to do.

I think Antonio handled the complaint well, maybe too well, out of guilt, that the staff did something wrong???

[Edited on 8-29-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 01:10 PM

Liked the discussion more when it was focused on "water"

A very important topic for most all ... in one way or another, and there is a fixed amount when talking about a closed system which is called in this case ... the Hydrosphere :):)

"On earth, the total amount of water has almost certainly not changed since geological times: what we had then we still have. Water can be polluted, abused, and misused but it is neither created nor destroyed, it only migrates. There is no evidence that water vapor escapes into space."[5]:26"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrosphere

there are many other sources for information on the Hydrosphere ... I just used Wiki

http://www.pnas.org

for greater detail ... with peer review

and don't be too hard on farmers ... they are doing the best they can ... under the circumstances IMO

https://www.southwestfarmpress.com/grains/fifty-years-brings...

a bit dated ... but still holds true for most in production of food and fiber

[Edited on 8-29-2018 by wessongroup]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 04:23 PM

Lois Henry when she worked at The Bakersfield Californian newspaper wrote several stories over the past several years concerning water in the area. Who owns what, who sold what to where and stuff about all the major players. It's bigger, more involved and more complicated than most people realize.

I think Lois left the paper but still comes back from time to time and does some of the local talk shows. She was a heck of an investigative reporter.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 05:06 PM
I think we had a "water discussion" going elsewhere

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=91059

This thread and is noxious title need to die, and soon
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 06:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Too bad the op didn't just go to Antonio in the first place instead of opening this can of worms.

Maybe he wanted to publicly shame Antonio. There's a lot of that going on around here.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2018 at 08:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Maybe he wanted to publicly shame Antonio. There's a lot of that going on around here.

and you expected any different?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
8-29-2018 at 11:05 PM
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.