BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: RAFFLE 2 - caj13 is the winner! Welcome to La Bocana!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2018 at 04:16 PM
RAFFLE 2 - caj13 is the winner! Welcome to La Bocana!

Hello all!

Last month, a plant lady named Laura from Guerrero Negro visited me. I hadn’t seen her in years and asked what was going on. She said that her son Ignacio had been born deaf and that he was a handful. He is now 5 and it was only when he was 2 that they found out he was deaf. This is their first child.

Laura told me that against her husband’s wishes, she had taken their son Ignacio to a hearing clinic in La Paz. She showed me the video of him being tested at the clinic. It is moving how he grabs her face when he hears something for the very first time in his Life.

Both she and her husband decided to work really hard and save the $30,000 pesos for this hearing aid. I believe they have already saved $5K.

After seeing them work so hard these last couple weeks with promoting their plants (and I bought plenty!!), selling food on weekends and selling other household items (I donated a baby carriage), I have talked it over with Les and will have two raffles to raise money for them.

This is your chance to (re) visit us at a super price!! We are offering 3 days in our luxury suite for $75. That is a $150 dollar savings and the chance to do a great thing, who could ask for more?!

Please pick a number from 1 to 10. All deposits will have to be made at a Wells Fargo in the States or mailed to my Mom or at my banamex account here in Mexico. Sorry, no paypal at this time.

The raffle will be a la Mexico style since we are in Mexico: all 10 numbers go into a bag and one by one the numbers are eliminated until the LAST ONE. He/she is the winner. I will take photos and videotape the event if I can.

Here is our webpage so you can see the room, it is the first one shown and it really is gorgeous. Click on Baja Bocana B&B

http://www.labocanahotel.com

Here is the video of Ignacio at the clinic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYWhr2jZuB4

Here is a photo of Mom and Dad:

mom and dad.jpg - 97kB

[Edited on 9-20-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2018 at 06:49 PM

put me down for Ted Williams / Gordie Howe.

I'll drop by the bank and put in the money tommorrow

carl
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 02:12 AM

#9 it is!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 07:25 AM

Blanca...as always you are a credit to the human race....big time
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 02:23 PM

OK Blanca, went to the local wells fargo. waited in line for 35 minutes to see the teller.

she told me they no longer accept cash deposits into personal accounts

so now what?

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 02:34 PM

Rut roh

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 02:43 PM

zelle...

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 04:59 PM

caj13 Go to any store that sells money orders - be it post office, Walmart, Smiths ..
No banks accept cash deposits to an account unless it is your own account and they charge for that service too.

Thanks Blanca :)

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
caj13 Go to any store that sells money orders - be it post office, Walmart, Smiths ..
No banks accept cash deposits to an account unless it is your own account and they charge for that service too.

Thanks Blanca :)

I went to wells fargo and put cash in my daughters account

my neighbor put cash in my usa checking account..

I think usa currency is still good in America at least

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 05:30 PM

Bob and Susan, when was tht? was it Wells Fargo? the teller made it sound like it was a new WF policy?

I had USA dollars at a wells fargo Bank in Fresno Ca. perhaps your daughters account was linked to yours? I have no idea.

so if I go to the trouble of getting a money order - made out to Blancas mom, will the bank accept that? seems a bit more dodgey than cold hard cash? and if they don't take it, then I have a money order made out to someone else on my hands? so do I need to go back and stand in line again and ask for clarification?

as much as i hate paypal, an account could be set up, linked to blancas moms wells fargo account, and she could transfer money back and forth seamlessly, for no cost, and she could accept either bank deposits, or pay pals?
I just hate wasting all this time driving around town trying to find a backdoor solution to a stupid bank policy!

remember all those adds how Wells Fargo is "recommitting" to customer service - yeah - I call Bull sh#$t

[Edited on 9-5-2018 by caj13]
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 05:43 PM

Speaking to/from my experience in Palm Springs, Ca, Palm Desert Ca, Eugene OR and Las Vegas NV --- For several years now, Chase, BofA and Wells will not accept cash deposits to any account you are not on.

I cannot comment about Bob and Susans experience.
Edit: Bob if a neighbor is putting cash in your account, there must be some sort of relationship or understanding to break the rule/s. WFargo now charges to accept 'large amounts' of cash for deposit in a business account. (I don't know the definition of large amounts sorry)

You can call Wells Fargo 1-800-869-3557 or you can google the exact address of the branch you went to get that branch phone.

Don't fill out the money order until you get to the bank .. that way in the (unlikely) event they still refuse your deposit, you can return to the place of purchase and tell them it was not accepted for deposit at Wells Fargo and they can refund you.

I hope this works for you.

[Edited on 9-5-2018 by CaboMagic]

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 06:35 PM

This is bs. Ive always deposited cash to that account. If this is accurate please find me a simple way to transfer the money without running around town.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 07:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
This is bs. Ive always deposited cash to that account. If this is accurate please find me a simple way to transfer the money without running around town.

Up until about a year ago, I was able to deposit cash into my son's account at Chase Bank. Suddenly, they said no more cash and it was the law for all banks. (My bank, Union Bank still allows cash)

Anyway, they would allow me to deposit money into his account using my Union Bank Debit card. They said they could do it that way because it leaves a paper trail. I don't remember if they used by debit card as a debit card or as a credit card because it is both.

So, cash was not okay, but the debit card was okay and the funds were available immediately.

Good Luck

[Edited on 9-5-2018 by DianaT]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 08:03 PM

Until about one month ago, wells fargo accepted cash and now it doesn't any more, unless it is into you own account.

I am guessing this is to avoid money laundering????

My sponsors use ZELLE - it is an online service. So sorry for the long wait at the bank!!

Come visit La Bocana

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 08:10 PM

I have never had a problem transferring money that I have in my Wells Fargo account to another one with WF, or another bank.

Blanca, you met my dog Bailey, If she is allowed in one of the six rooms I will do a test transfer and get a number! I will look for a U2U with account info....or not!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 08:13 PM

We love dogs....we have the neatest dog named Pepper staying with us right now!!

Come visit La Bocana

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 09:17 PM

Wells Fargo has indeed changed things! I would still be able to transfer funds to the authorized recipients I had before they went to Zelle, but I have not been able to add your San Diego account without more information. See your U2U inbox please.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 05:35 AM

Can you send mine as well?

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 11:51 AM

The debit card is a wonderful idea. I never thought of a paper trail.

Bill pay is another.

I think for the zelle you need my email and the account #

portella.blanca@gmail.com

and I will send account via u2u to whomever needs it.

Maybe because of our atrocious internet service, I have not been able to transfer funds from paypal into my Mexican bank so that leaves me stranded.

Come visit La Bocana

caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 01:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
The debit card is a wonderful idea. I never thought of a paper trail.

Bill pay is another.

I think for the zelle you need my email and the account #

portella.blanca@gmail.com

and I will send account via u2u to whomever needs it.

Maybe because of our atrocious internet service, I have not been able to transfer funds from paypal into my Mexican bank so that leaves me stranded.

Blanca, my idea is you link pay pal to the existing account you use at wells fargo. so you could move any paypal money to the wells Fargo account for free, at that point, it would be business as usual
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.