BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: RAFFLE 2 - caj13 is the winner! Welcome to La Bocana!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 01:32 PM

I want to put the paypal into my own Mexican account. My mom specifically asked that I do not use her account for paypal.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 02:32 PM

I got lucky at Wells Fargo, and was able to make a deposit into your account! It was weird, I could not transfer directly from my account, or deposit cash, but they printed out a counter check (at no cost) and I was able to sign it and make the deposit.

I asked why I was not able to add your account to the recipient list using Zella, and they walked me through the process so that from now on I can do it from my keyboard at home!

I swear that they did not do anything differently than I tried to do at home, but it succeeded on the bank's computer. I don't use a phone banking app, so all that was necessary was your account number, and e-mail address. No routing number or phone numbers needed for account to account transfers.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 10:00 PM

Please sign up! The B&B is outstanding, as is the cause. I seems like those that help, always do. There are many that post here that should pony up for this cause.

[Edited on 9-7-2018 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 05:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I want to put the PayPal into my own Mexican account. My mom specifically asked that I do not use her account for PayPal.

If an individual (in the US) would open their own PayPal account, they can send you funds directly to your bank (anywhere in world) via XOOM.com

Funds can also be sent to many banks in Mexico for you to access with a transaction number provided by Xoom.

I send money to Guatemala in a few minutes with my own personal PayPal account. Money can also be sent to other sources deemed nearer to you such as stores.

If you want to send money...just open your own Paypal account. Blanca does not need to have one.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 06:59 AM

Blanca I can Xoom it.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 08:59 AM

Xoom saves the day!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 11:03 AM

Ok so I do have paypal, so it looks like I already have Xoom as part of that?

and i would be sending money to the USA - right, because thats the account # we have? or do we just Xoom it to mexico?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 11:26 AM
This is what seemed weird to me!

I have a Wells Fargo account, with a debit card linked to my checking account. Because of some new money laundering concerns, I was not able to deposit cash into an account other than my own. Neither was I able to make a transfer with my debit card and pin number. I was, however, able to make a deposit using the same account, but I had to write a check!

They wanted a paper trail with my account number, signature, and photo ID. I did not have a check with me, but they said "no problem" and printed one out for me to sign at no charge. Weird!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 11:57 AM

You can xoom to the US account!

Come visit La Bocana

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2018 at 02:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
Ok so I do have paypal, so it looks like I already have Xoom as part of that?

and i would be sending money to the USA - right, because thats the account # we have? or do we just Xoom it to mexico?

Just go to xoom.com and sign in under the Paypal link. It will return you to xoom.
Go through the 'how much' 'who to' 'where to' etc. you will get a list of places that include most all banks in Mexico or US or wherever you are sending money to. As well there will be in that list such places as stores, money houses, etc. You choose.
Blanca can go to any bank you choose (If in Mex I would coordinate with her) and it doesn't have to be her bank just as in any store that does it.
You will give her the assigned transaction number (U2U her) and she walks in and collects the cash.
I've never done it to a US bank but I don't see why not. I might try sending money to myself the next time I'm in Guatemala and see if that works for the Paypal account holder.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2018 at 06:53 AM

thanks paranewbi for the info.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 01:36 PM

One taker for this $75 raffle - awaiting deposit by caj13

It is such a beautiful room!

[Edited on 9-10-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 04:54 PM

waiting for Paypal to clear deposit into the account. They take the money immediately from your bank account, then somehow mysteriously it takes 5 days to show up in paypal. I'm sure they are not using it to loan out at overnight rates!@ :mad:

regardless, they say the 11th it will be available, I will zoom it as soon as it shows up!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 05:34 PM

Blanca u2u me your info and it’ll xoom pronto!

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 05:59 PM
Your choice Blanca!

Ok Blanca, I just sent you another $80. You can use it to fill up raffle #1 with two more numbers, or give me one chance on raffle #2.

You pick the numbers and let me know what they are, I don' have any favorites! Let me know how soon it clears, W.F. says it should just take minutes. (I used Zelle)

[Edited on 9-10-2018 by AKgringo]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2018 at 06:44 PM

Akgringo, thanks!!

I am taking the cash over to RAFFLE 1 - lets fill that baby all up.

Come visit La Bocana

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2018 at 10:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
You can xoom to the US account!

that is incorrect, I know because I just tried, Xoom can only be used to move money from USA to foreign account (or visa versa) you cannot xoom between usa accounts.

I can xoom to a local pick-up, bancomer oxxo etc, but you would have to tell me the nearest xoom pick-up, you could walk in and pick up cash in 15 minutes. maybe google up xoom pick up locations , and see if one is convinient to you?
https://www.xoom.com/mexico/cash-pickup-locations

[Edited on 9-11-2018 by caj13]

[Edited on 9-11-2018 by caj13]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2018 at 11:58 AM

caj13

I applied your cash to this raffle and obviously YOU WON! I assumed you wanted the upstairs room!

Come visit La Bocana

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2018 at 12:12 PM

well thank you very much! i guess that means we will be seeing you again soon, whats late december early january look like down there?
I'm hauling part of my huge family to Bahia Assuncion to see the whales and stay at sharis place, so maybe my wife and i will take a detour over to La Bocana either before or after!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2018 at 01:52 PM

sounds like a plan! December and January are really nice months here!

Come visit La Bocana

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.