Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Yuma Dove Hunting 2018
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I make those poppers from chicken breast chunks easier cleaner cheaper..whatever you use ends up tasting like bacon & jalapenos

Try a peach slice with the chicken breast, then wrap the bacon.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 12:55 PM

I make those poppers from chicken breast chunks easier cleaner cheaper..whatever you use ends up tasting like bacon & jalapenos

Well then... Perhaps the pigeon hunters should let the little birds live, and stick to eating hot dogs or tofu wrapped in bacon and jalepenos, eh?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 01:12 PM

don't swally the toothpick

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 01:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Well then... Perhaps the pigeon hunters should let the little birds live, and stick to eating hot dogs or tofu wrapped in bacon and jalepenos, eh?

So, what do you eat in your perfect diet? Fish? Someone catches and kills them. Chicken? Horrific, unsanitary, crowded conditions, and terrifying deaths. Beef? Veal? Pork? Need I mention veal pens, slaughterhouses, factory farms, hog farm waste, etc.

Unless all you eat are plants and grubs, I expect you have some blood on your hands as well. What about those grubs? Don't they have feelings?

People have hunted long before they invented mountain bikes, spandex panties, and vente lattes.

John

[Edited on 9-4-2018 by John Harper]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

So, what do you eat in your perfect diet? Fish? Someone catches and kills them. Chicken? Horrific, unsanitary, crowded conditions, and terrifying deaths. Beef? Veal? Pork? Need I mention veal pens, slaughterhouses, factory farms, hog farm waste, etc.

Unless all you eat are plants and grubs, I expect you have some blood on your hands as well. What about those grubs? Don't they have feelings?

People have hunted long before they invented mountain bikes, spandex panties, and vente lattes.

John

2 wrongs don’t make a right.

Not sure what mt bike, spandex and coffee have to do with pigeon blood sport...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 02:18 PM

Not sure what a pigeon has to do with a dove?? GOAT

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 02:51 PM

John

2 wrongs don’t make a right.

Not sure what mt bike, spandex and coffee have to do with pigeon blood sport...

I thought you were a mountain biker, but I guess the others here are correct. You're just a troll.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 03:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

Dove, pigeon, same thing.
They are all columbidae.
I think dove is the german word, pigeon is probably french word.

Woke!

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 04:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  

Dove, pigeon, same thing.
They are all columbidae.
I think dove is the german word, pigeon is probably french word.

ok Goat ill give you that,, boy too bad we couldn't walk thru the city and blast pigeons for the restaurants :lol::lol:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 05:12 PM

Goat, defender of pigeons, I am glad you speak up for the opposing viewpoint. Myself, well, I am not a hunter. A question though, on the topic, what do you hunter guys think about steel shot? Ryan Zinke, on his first day as secretary of the interior rescinded an Obama-era policy of the Fish and Wildlife Service to ban lead shot (and lead fishing weights) in federal wildlife reserves (this allowed hunters to use lead shot again) The reason, I think, was as a much a reaction (hatred) against "Federal overreach" of the Obama administration as anything.
In my prospecting adventures I have observed that in the US that the public lands in the desert, as well as the creeks in the mountains, are full of lead shot and bullet fragments. The land is literally carpeted with lead. I know this because I am fond of digging up dirt and putting it in a pan and washing it to see if any heavy metallic elements will be found in the bottom of the pan. In the US I find a lot of lead. In Baja this is not the case; the land is more or less lead free. That is why the condors have been able to make a recovery there; not always getting poisoned by lead shot.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 05:58 PM

Now theres a bunch of BS

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2018 at 09:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
Goat, defender of pigeons, I am glad you speak up for the opposing viewpoint. Myself, well, I am not a hunter. A question though, on the topic, what do you hunter guys think about steel shot? Ryan Zinke, on his first day as secretary of the interior rescinded an Obama-era policy of the Fish and Wildlife Service to ban lead shot (and lead fishing weights) in federal wildlife reserves (this allowed hunters to use lead shot again) The reason, I think, was as a much a reaction (hatred) against "Federal overreach" of the Obama administration as anything.
In my prospecting adventures I have observed that in the US that the public lands in the desert, as well as the creeks in the mountains, are full of lead shot and bullet fragments. The land is literally carpeted with lead. I know this because I am fond of digging up dirt and putting it in a pan and washing it to see if any heavy metallic elements will be found in the bottom of the pan. In the US I find a lot of lead. In Baja this is not the case; the land is more or less lead free. That is why the condors have been able to make a recovery there; not always getting poisoned by lead shot.

The hunters argument against lead ban is “but it’s too expensive!”
Same arguments Dow chemical, Monsanto use to justify their pollution.
Sad!
Lame!

If “sportsmen” care about the resource they hunt, they would quit using lead ammo!

Woke!

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 05:49 PM

I went to Yuma dove hunting for 30 years straight, maybe more. We started out in Blythe, then Brawley, El Centro but once we "found" Yuma, that was the place. I haven't been back in the last several years after moving to Ohio, thank God I have doves on our property here. I'm also 60. My brother will be back in Yuma for the second season.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2018 at 06:24 PM

We can go to Argentina and shoot 5000 doves a day because there are so many and because the do heavy damage to crops in the ground that goat might eat :-)

BTW, plants have feelings too! Can't you hear the lettuce screaming when you cut it with a knife?

Lets not get into the CFC argument that Montsanto started about R-12.
Or give me one good reason why 80% propane/20% butane can't be used for a car refrigerant? Both are listed as refrigerants. It works great but don't ask me how I know. For @ 50 cents per car.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 05:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
I went to Yuma dove hunting for 30 years straight, maybe more. We started out in Blythe, then Brawley, El Centro but once we "found" Yuma, that was the place. I haven't been back in the last several years after moving to Ohio, thank God I have doves on our property here. I'm also 60. My brother will be back in Yuma for the second season.

I've been going since 1976, before that, the Bakersfield/Porterville area. I may try the late season now that I have a place to stay north of Yuma on the River. Nice to see we have things in common! Right on!

John

[Edited on 9-6-2018 by John Harper]
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 06:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  

I've been going since 1976, before that, the Bakersfield/Porterville area. I may try the late season now that I have a place to stay north of Yuma on the River. Nice to see we have things in common! Right on!

John

[Edited on 9-6-2018 by John Harper]

We just sold my folks house in Carlsbad and moved them up to Arcadia too. I'm not sure what place you have along the river, but we usually stay at Motel 6 and make the reservations the year before. AC, Pool, and out of the sun.

When we first started going to Yuma, we' be hunting on the Indian Reservations along the river. The Mexican kids would cross the river and retrieve and clean the doves for us and we'd give them a buck. It was fun helping them out and having them point out birds we didn't see coming.

Not that Yuma doesn't hold more than enough doves, but late season, Gila Bend, AZ holds even more doves.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 11:18 AM

What direction from Gila bend? :-)

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
What direction from Gila bend? :-)

Depends on where they are. We usually scout south and west of town.

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 11:59 AM

Just looked at it on Gearth. Interesting. We always hunted south of Yuma

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2018 at 03:49 PM

I thought you were a mountain biker, but I guess the others here are correct. You're just a troll.

John[/rquote]

You're just now figuring that out?

Used to do a lot of bird hunting, Dove, Quail, Pheasant etc. Great sport. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Making America Great Again
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.