BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Did Slim buy Pancho's place?
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 09:52 AM
Did Slim buy Pancho's place?

El Paraiso Perdido.

Scroll down to the part "Lost Paradise", #9 San Rafael. Considering that the article is 6 years old, way before Pancho died, this is a bit odd.

I also like #8 located "North of Las Animas and bordering with San Rafael in the South" :)

The Bay of LA is described as "seas calm and tranquil due to 15 islands". Yeah, sure ...

[Edited on 9-25-2018 by Alm]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 10:11 AM

Thanks for the link... They say they have their eyes on many tracks of land for future development.

This one is the area of a beautiful beach I call Shell Island, a camping paradise for my friends and I since 1978. It has been a great 40 years going there!:

The land where the megaproject is intended is also known as Campo Santa María, Ejido Delicias or Percebú and is part of the Agrarian National Plan Ejido, within the Municipality of Ensenada, although it announces that it will economically benefit the Mexican town of San Felipe, which It is located 28 kilometers north of the project.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 10:20 AM

Pancho told me that Slim tried to buy his place but he wouldn't sell.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 10:22 AM

Pancho's place sits in the federal zone and Aldo Santini owns the land right up to it, so far Carlos hasn't been able to snatch it up :coolup:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 12:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thanks for the link... They say they have their eyes on many tracks of land for future development.

This one is the area of a beautiful beach I call Shell Island, a camping paradise for my friends and I since 1978. It has been a great 40 years going there!:

The land where the megaproject is intended is also known as Campo Santa María, Ejido Delicias or Percebú and is part of the Agrarian National Plan Ejido, within the Municipality of Ensenada, although it announces that it will economically benefit the Mexican town of San Felipe, which It is located 28 kilometers north of the project.

Can you say WiLDCOAST?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 12:33 PM

?? "WiLDCOAST"
OK... now what... or is it like Beetlejuice (three times)?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 04:52 PM

Just that they bought up the left coast to save it from development.

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 07:43 PM

Ok, maybe it wasn't Pancho's place. "San Rafael" is a very general description, there is a rancho half a mile North, and (probably) half a dozen miles of emptiness North of rancho could be called San Rafael too.

I am still puzzled about #8: 30 km NORTH of Las Animas, bordering San Rafael to the South. Huh? 30 km from this bay would place it somewhere at BOLA military base, and I can't imagine how it can border San Rafael. Unless he bought a piece of inland desert :)...
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Ok, maybe it wasn't Pancho's place. "San Rafael" is a very general description, there is a rancho half a mile North, and (probably) half a dozen miles of emptiness North of rancho could be called San Rafael too.

I am still puzzled about #8: 30 km NORTH of Las Animas, bordering San Rafael to the South. Huh? 30 km from this bay would place it somewhere at BOLA military base, and I can't imagine how it can border San Rafael. Unless he bought a piece of inland desert :)...

why wouldn't he, his only concern is mining.

ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2018 at 09:51 PM

Pancho didn't own that place, he was a squatter there. A great steward, but a squatter nonetheless.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 05:51 PM

A squatter or a tenant?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 10:58 PM

Carlos slim pickens and christine silver-spoon walton are competing with each other to see who can buy up the most land in baja. they each got so much money they are just playing with their pocket change

Whenever i hear about the wealth of the waltons i marvel at how they pay their emplyees so little that most are on food stamps - waltons getting wealthy while taxpayers pay a substantial portion of the walton emplyees’ living expenses- taxpayer subsidies for the uber wealthy, capitalism at its finest!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2018 at 11:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Carlos slim pickens and christine silver-spoon walton are competing with each other to see who can buy up the most land in baja. they each got so much money they are just playing with their pocket change

Whenever i hear about the wealth of the waltons i marvel at how they pay their emplyees so little that most are on food stamps - waltons getting wealthy while taxpayers pay a substantial portion of the walton emplyees’ living expenses- taxpayer subsidies for the uber wealthy, capitalism at its finest!

nice segue into madness.....you know better than to crack that second beer.......:rolleyes:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.