Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja 1000 map released today
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:40 PM

Anybody die this year? Catch it on video?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 04:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  
Yep that kid is FAST also won the 500 and king of the motos kinda reminds me of KC fast and wreckless

I'll assume you mean "reckless"?

Lol. Nobody who rides a dirt bike is wreckless. Even the best go down occasionally.
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 05:05 AM

Bikes are definitely more dangerous to race, especially with trophy trucks and other high performance 4 wheeled machines on the same course. That is why I retired from racing bikes and am switching to a UTV. With age comes the cage...
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 06:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  
Yep that kid is FAST also won the 500 and king of the motos kinda reminds me of KC fast and wreckless

I'll assume you mean "reckless"?

Lol. Nobody who rides a dirt bike is wreckless. Even the best go down occasionally.

CMON GUYS me and my homies ride fast and Wreck__ Less!!:coolup:
And yes ED we all go down sometimes, sure aint gonna fly 40 ft of a bump goin 25mph

552.jpg - 8kB

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2018 at 10:42 AM

A couple of things have changed Baja racing as we once knew it. I think the biggest affect has been the use of tracking devices. No more cheating whether it't hwy speeding, off road shortcuts, Etc.

I also think for the bikes it has been the smaller engines. 30 years ago the KX500 2 stroke was the king ridden by some of the best desert racers on the Kawasaki factory teams. Honda had the XR600/650 4 stroke. A heavier bike not as quick as the KX but still competitive.

Before everyone switched to a 450 the Bikes more often than not would OA the Baja 500 and 1000. The SF250 was the one race where Trophy Trucks would beat the bikes everytime, I think it had to do more with suspension, too many whoops for the bikers.

More recently the lack of factory support. No more Honda, Kawasaki, KTM etc teams with the best racers, JCR was probably the last effort made.

Justin Morgan is a darn good racer and would be on a factory team as well as his team mate Mark Samuels, just not a lot like them racing today.

[Edited on 11-20-2018 by TMW]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2018 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
A couple of things have changed Baja racing as we once knew it. I think the biggest affect has been the use of tracking devices. No more cheating whether it't hwy speeding, off road shortcuts, Etc.

I also think for the bikes it has been the smaller engines. 30 years ago the KX500 2 stroke was the king ridden by some of the best desert racers on the Kawasaki factory teams. Honda had the XR600/650 4 stroke. A heavier bike not as quick as the KX but still competitive.

Before everyone switched to a 450 the Bikes more often than not would OA the Baja 500 and 1000. The SF250 was the one race where Trophy Trucks would beat the bikes everytime, I think it had to do more with suspension, too many whoops for the bikers.

More recently the lack of factory support. No more Honda, Kawasaki, KTM etc teams with the best racers, JCR was probably the last effort made.

Justin Morgan is a darn good racer and would be on a factory team as well as his team mate Mark Samuels, just not a lot like them racing today.

[Edited on 11-20-2018 by TMW]

everything changed on that awful day in 2013:(....let 1x and 7x battle it out every year, there's better options.
and congratulations on our teams ISDE effort!:yes:

[Edited on 11-20-2018 by willardguy]
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-20-2018 at 03:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpNlLzwxY4U

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-20-2018 at 03:38 PM

Fun to see how it all began in 1967, running Hwy. 1 to San Ignacio... the pavement ending north of Colonet...

Originally created by NORRA and called the Mexican 1000 (until 1973)...

South of La Purisima, the course rejoined 'Hwy. 1' but that year it was still unpaved until you were about 100 miles north of La Paz.

Here's the map of the course for the following year, but it was pretty much unchanged other than dropping the ceremonial start in Tijuana and restarting in Ensenada.

Checkpoints:
1) Camalu
2) El Rosario
3) Rancho Santa Ynez
4) Punta Prieta
5) El Arco
6) San Ignacio
7) La Purisima (Jcn)
8) Villa Constitucion

[Edited on 11-20-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.