Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pete's Poker Run?
aburruss
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2018 at 09:47 PM
Pete's Poker Run?

Hey all,

Is anyone going to San Felipe next weekend (12-15 October) for Pete's Poker Run?

Would love to meet up with some of you and put faces to the names!

We are taking our 7 week old daughter.. We are getting her started early, and maybe we will have the youngest entry in the poker run. ;)

IMG_5505 (1).jpg - 209kB
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 04:48 AM

Never been to Pete's poker run. I bet it will be a lot of fun. How did you hear a out it? I haven't seen any advertisements. Unfortunately I am in an outage at work for the next 50 days.
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 05:09 AM

I got GPS tracks for all the washes around san felipe. I will email them too you this morning. You will probably want to do some exploring on your own. Be sure and go see Jose on the dry lake bed. His nephew told me he is 96 years old and still selling cold beer.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 06:52 AM
PETE'S POKER RUN - YES!

While our experience on last last years Poker Run wasn't the best, I believe you'll have a great time. Be prepared for 350-400 vehicles and the vehicle you all are pictured in will be perfect.

We tried it in our Tacoma, not such a good idea as 75% are side-by-sides or vehicles more suited to faster speeds than we were.

If you like being toward the front of the entrants show up at the start an hour early. Quite a show!

John M
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 08:32 AM

and a great benefit with proceeds going to cruz roja and the orphanage in SF :D
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 08:39 AM

Here is the track - attached in two formats.
I wish we were attending.

Attachment: Petes17-18.usr (16kB)
This file has been downloaded 210 times

Attachment: Petes17-18.gpx (131kB)
This file has been downloaded 179 times
aburruss
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
While our experience on last last years Poker Run wasn't the best, I believe you'll have a great time.

John M

Why wasn't your experience last year good?

We were there last year.. Had a great time. You might have remembered us.. We were the leader of the group of the Minions.. and had a banana on top of our Razor.

This year, we have a new "theme" in place.. but will be going in our jeep... since we've got the 7 week old.. It makes more sense than the razor.

IMG_0103 (5).jpg - 134kB
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 06:44 PM
Not so great?

I probably overstated it but the course was well-suited to a Razor, most of the side-by-sides (is there a difference?) but not so much for our vehicle. I felt we were going way too slow and the giant whoops played with us too much. As you know, the folks in their own groups pull over to chat and then they regularly blast on past us - time and again - our truck got pelted with rocks so many times by the vehicles passing us that I'm surprised our windshield survived. It seemed to us that as they sped on by on the narrow sections we got squeezed between boulders they were so close, passing us without regard to our being out there. A pick-up just wouldn't be my vehicle of choice next time.

John
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-3-2018 at 07:50 PM

I side with you John sf. Nothing but woops the last place I would ride.:)
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2018 at 09:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
I side with you John sf. Nothing but woops the last place I would ride.:)

Not all sand whoops, the smooth rockman trail is not too far. lol

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.