Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Immigration Stop
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 12:55 PM

weebray, apology accepted. After my feathers backed down I did feel I may have misspoke. You do understand however how many people come down here and do not respect the country, their(our) laws and try and get by with all that is possible without contributing. Like I said, sorry.

As I can see from here all of South Dakota is showing up to avoid paying their fair share of the road they are driving on, however still complaining about how bad the road is or was designed.

It is that attitude that really peees me off...so again sorry for interpreting your post incorrectly.

Good luck to all with Sergio
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 01:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
weebray, apology accepted. After my feathers backed down I did feel I may have misspoke. You do understand however how many people come down here and do not respect the country, their(our) laws and try and get by with all that is possible without contributing. Like I said, sorry.

As I can see from here all of South Dakota is showing up to avoid paying their fair share of the road they are driving on, however still complaining about how bad the road is or was designed.

It is that attitude that really peees me off...so again sorry for interpreting your post incorrectly.

Everybody wants good schools. Everybody wants their roads fixed. No one wants to pay taxes to make it happen.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Everybody wants good schools. Everybody wants their roads fixed. No one wants to pay taxes to make it happen.

In California 85% of our property taxes (plus a myriad of bonds) go to support public education,
which results in the bottom 10% quality in the USA

In California we pay the highest gas taxes (just got a DMV renewal on a 21 year old F150 for $265) and our roads are the worst in the country.
Recently I have driven extensively in NE, SD, IA, OH, PA, NY and Ontario Canada. All the highways were really smooth and excellent (except NY, but you already could figure that out)

The State of Brown is the State of Taxation without benefits.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 05:37 PM

are you high on drugs? those of us from "SD" pay a crapload of taxes everyday on every can of beer every taco and every purchase made here.........and who exactly is complaining:?:
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

In California 85% of our property taxes (plus a myriad of bonds) go to support public education,

In California we pay the highest gas taxes (just got a DMV renewal on a 21 year old F150 for $265) and our roads are the worst in the country.
Recently I have driven extensively in NE, SD, IA, OH, PA, NY and Ontario Canada. All the highways were really smooth and excellent (except NY, but you already could figure that out)

Kalifornia's problems have been going on long before Brown. Most trace it back to the 70's.
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 06:16 PM

check out the thread on hwy 5 and you will see or come listen around here where all the people from SD are coming to for 6-8months and b-tch about the roads!!! Obviously they are not fromSD
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 06:27 PM

check out the thread on hwy 5 and you will see or come listen around here where all the people from SD are coming to for 6-8months and b-tch about the roads!!! Obviously they are not fromSD

sooo....you're bagging on people for using south dakota to register their vehicles instead of using mexico plates there by not paying their fair share of taxes for road improvement? is that your argument?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 06:49 PM

flocking skinflint retirees in Mexico are paying insignificant taxes. You moved from South Dakota to Mexico because you couldn’t afford a sec 8 apt in South Dakota, and your purchase of 3 tacos a day in San Felipe is contributing next to zero taxes in Mexico.

[Edited on 10-9-2018 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 06:52 PM

Is that why you moved to South Dakota, for the roads and schools?

Woke!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 06:53 PM

flocking skinflint retirees in Mexico are paying insignificant taxes. You moved from South Dakota to Mexico because you couldn’t afford a sec 8 apt in South Dakota, and your purchase of 3 tacos a day in San Felipe is contributing next to zero taxes in Mexico.

[Edited on 10-9-2018 by mtgoat666]

:lol: what a tool........
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 09:03 PM
Clearly you have both comprehension and reading problems

Is that why you moved to South Dakota, for the roads and schools?

I live square in the middle of California
Oakdale to be exact
And as soon as we liquidate a couple more businesses I am outta here.
One partner already moved to Reno, another to Sarasota.
Phoenix or Guadalupe sound pretty good to me
Anywhere but four buck gas Browntown
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 10-8-2018 at 10:15 PM

On the subject of S.D. Registration in Mexico. The Tourist Auto Insurance I buy is only valid if I am driving a properly registered car with non-Mexican plates. I also have the necessary 6 month Tourist Visa $533 N.M.

Nevada registration is about $380 U.S. ( I left The People’s Republic of California 12 years ago!) S.D. registration is $81 U.S. on the same SUV!

You do the math!
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 09:00 AM

I'm not going to jump into to the Calif. debate her, off topic. The bottom line for many of us living in Baja California regarding auto licensing is the opportunity, time and cost. The Mexican laws regarding importation are very limited and strict. My car does not qualify. Other than buying a car that fits their guidelines or buying one here my options are limited to South Dakota.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 09:48 AM

CA DMV allows CA residents to have CA registered vehicles at their Baja homes, or other out of state location, except for TJ, Laredo, Tecate and these vehicles may use an "affidavit of non-use", (different from non-op status), which reduces CA reg fees, hi-way tax and insurance requirement so those vehicles may be insured through Mexican providers. This is a low cost, 100% legal and recognized policy that many people use to maintain their cars in Baja. In fact, CA DMV has multiple address fields for reg, one for garage, one for mailing etc. so you can garage it Baja and either receive the DMV notices and sticker in Baja or at your Ca home.

[Edited on 10-10-2018 by gnukid]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 09:51 AM

Do you still have to get a smog certificate every 2 years?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 10:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Do you still have to get a smog certificate every 2 years?

Smog check is triggered by the zip code you enter in the CA DMV garage address field. Much of California zip codes are exempt from smog, (google CA DMV zip code smog exempt). Baja zip code addresses are exempt from smog except for TJ, Tecate, and Laredo, it's written in the DMV book google CA DMV smog exemption. Exemption only applies to Baja (Frontera) not for Sonora and the rest of Mexican Mainland.

Key points:

Change the garage address to your Baja address and update the mailing address to your mailing address with proper zip code before the reg is due.

Alternatively, you can use a temporary exemption form and write in the temporary address which can be DMV form 256 or REG 5103 https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/407b2792-be32-47cf...

You can do this at AAA or DMV on line or mail in form or in person at DMV.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/...

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/vrir/vr_sb15...

[Edited on 10-10-2018 by gnukid]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 04:12 PM

I googled "famous people from South Dakota" and the best I could come up with is Bob Barker.

See, there is someone from SD!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 04:17 PM

Bob Barker!!

I called my old dog, now gone, that for a while. It fit. I changed his name occasionally. He responded to any name.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 07:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
is it possible charlie and goat really believe we're all from SD.....could they really be that stupid? :?:

well to answer my own question.....yes, yes they are.;)

[Edited on 10-9-2018 by willardguy]
. We don't know about Charlie but we know mt666 is more stupid then any goat born in the USA. Jaaaaa
billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2018 at 07:48 PM

This is really interesting. I posted this thread to inform everyone about an immigration stop. Now we are talking about SD plates. Most of us are aware that some counties in SD will register your vehicle even though you probably have never been to SD. Jeez, really?
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.