Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Any trips planned?
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 01:13 PM
Any trips planned?

Wondering if David K. or anyone else has any group trips planned? Especially before or after Keri's booksigning.
I am buried in snow and have a very bad case of cabin fever! It's a gorgeous deep blue sky today in Mammoth, which is helping, but I still need to head my internal compass south. I need a good sunburn.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-11-2005 at 06:50 PM

Suzanne, a lot of possibilities... Spring Break is Mar. 26 - Apr. 3 for me... Money and work load is the only limit for me on taking every day for a Baja trip.

Last Year, I could only afford 3 days. But, they were awesome as jide and I met BajaLou, Mexitron, Pappy, and Taco de Baja... then went on and visited other exotic canyons, southwest of San Felipe http://vivabaja.com/404

The year before was a full week trip to Mision Santa Maria (found Inky), L.A. Bay, and El Volcan with Sarah http://vivabaja.com/403

I will tell you that Mision Santa Maria is being discussed via emails with some Baja historians.

Camp Gecko also is planned as Bo and Andee and maybe Bo's new lady (married on TV's Live with Regis... on Valentine's day) will be there... Andee has been emailing Sarah to be sure she goes!

Then some Nomads want to hike up Arroyo Grande (the one between San Juan de Dios and Arroyo Matomi) to the beautiful palm canyon that some call Baja's Grand Canyon!

Hey, there's just so much Baja... and so little time!!!

:yes::yes::yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 09:46 AM

So David, does that mean your not joining us for the Pole Line run over Basketball hill in April. I would think that with all the rain in SC that sprinklers could wait.

TW
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 10:27 AM
the Baja Boys are leaving the heart of California on 4/7 to BOLA

and we will be back on 4/16

fun time to be had by all

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 05:38 PM
Suzanne.....

Mike and MA called me this morning from San Clemente they are on their way and will be at Gecko tomorrow (2wk stay)
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2005 at 05:42 PM

Tracy and I are heading down April 13 for a very, very quick trip to Elias Calles, south of Todos Santos. Our friends sold their bed and breakfast (www.cocinapacifica.com) and invited us down for some fishing and celebrating...on their dime. I can't pass up fishing for marlin or tuna nor a good fiesta. We'll return on the 18th....long road trip from San Diego but better than staying home.

Zac

BajaVida
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 05:35 PM
Born Fisher check your U2U

about driving with us to BOLA

[Edited on 3-16-2005 by BajaVida]

No se apure y dure.

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 10:08 PM

BajaVida-- Now you`re scaring me!! A gang of a dozen from Merced, with no wives allowed, going down the Baja to that well known den of iniquity, innocently named the Bay of Los Angeles? ??? You know don`t you, that a recent DNA scientific study, undertaken by some activist border group to promote temperance, proved that all males between the ages of 45 and 65 drink copious amounts of alcohol as soon as they cross that evil fence. Yeah that fence-- just above Tijuana and below San Ysidro!!! With a huge sign with a circle slash over the word "wives"!!!!
Hey sounds like a great trip-- got my wheels spinning 360 different ways!! Will email you in a few days!! Thanks for the gracious invite!!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-15-2005 at 10:44 PM
Baja Vida is right

You would be welcome to join our "train"
About the most sinful thing we do anymore is just drink a lot of cerveza and lie a lot.
Otherwise it is pretty straight forward stuff.
And no, we are not all from Merced, in fact only one is from Merced, we are scattered from Davis, to Oakdale, to Modesto with a bit of Fresno and Bay Area thrown in, you name it, we got it.

Baja Arriba!!
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 3-16-2005 at 09:05 AM
BF you have it wrong--wives are allowed, but none have the slightest interest in joining us

just wanted you to know that we are not a wild group of teenagers, we are more mature in outlook and behavior

are you traveling with anyone?:cool:

No se apure y dure.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 3-16-2005 at 09:26 PM
Our plan

Leave San Diego @ about 2 PM on 3/21 to El Rosario, staying @ Baja Cactus. On 3/22 travel to San Ignacio, we have 2 nights camping booked with Kuyima to see the whales. On 3/24 head to La Paz booked Gardenias. On 3/28 leave La Paz to camp @ Santispac or Burro ( I want to spend 1 night @ Agua Verde but Mrs. ferna isn't very thrilled about the road to get there ). Head back home from Bahia Concepcion on 4/01.
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2005 at 10:30 PM

looks like I'm heading back to Sierra Juarez this weekend, exploring a canyon between El Tajo and El Carrizo, can't find a name on the map, but from my last inquiries, looks like there is alot of water and palms there.....if anyone wants to join the expedition

pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2005 at 11:36 PM

mexitron and i have tentative plans to go up arroyo grande first part of april.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-18-2005 at 08:10 AM

Well, we have a few choices!

a) Baja Ken and the Rubicon Club is doing the Pole Line Road Apr. 1-3.

b) Pappy and Mexitron are hiking up Arroyo Grande (Baja's Grand Canyon), north of San Juan de Dios.

c) The squarecircle, Richard, & Brock are going to either see if they can get across to Mex. 1 from below Puertwcitos (Arroyo Los Heme or El Placer de los Perita) OR go to Mision Santa Maria.

d) 4baja, Bo, and others will go to Camp Gecko, L.A. Bay.

e) Jide is hiking the eastside canyons of the Sierra Juarez.

You see folks, it's like I said: "So much Baja, so little time!"

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-18-2005 at 10:22 AM
Jide---El Carrizo and Tajo Canyons

Long ago I have hiked both Tajo Canyon (lower "reaches" from the desert), and El Carrizo up to the hot spring and natural tubs from the little rancho (abd) at the end of the Carrizo road. Is the canyon you are going to explore the one that the "Atlas" shows as running into El Carrizo, between Tajo and Carrizo???

I have a very detailed but hand drawn map made in 1959 by a Doris June that refers to that canyon as, "Canon de Juarez".

This is all very interesting-----not aware of that canyon at all. Please let us know what you find.

Barry
jide
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2005 at 05:10 PM

Barry,
the canyon I intend to explore is the next major canyon north of Carrizo and runs into the desert floor, facing north.
Also, b Carrizo's north fork has water, I'd like to explore it too... we'll see what I will be able to do ... I only have 2 days

The squarecircle
Nomad

Mood: 'Baja Feeling'

[*] posted on 3-18-2005 at 08:26 PM
Any trips planned

Greetings; >>>> Planning a difficult 4-wheel drive exploration starting March 25--29 to cross Baja from below Puertecitos to Mex 1 via Los Heme or El Placer de los Perita wash. This will be a considerable challenge with new vistas for those that see. Participants must be determined and self contained (spares, gas, water, chow etc.). If this tickles your fancy contact The squarecircle. >>>> sq.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-18-2005 at 09:37 PM
WOW!!!!!!

Squarecircle-------

Please let us know how this went-----that is truly an ambitious enterprise that you have planned.

Barry
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2005 at 09:44 PM

If I only had a rig set up for that trip - wow - waiting for the trip repots already - way to go squarecircle!!!!

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 3-19-2005 at 08:17 AM
Trip planned

On April 27th between 30 and 50 of us from the south campos will decend on Mikes Sky Rancho. I still have a few openings if interested. Rob
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.