Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: RIP Rex
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 09:17 AM
RIP Rex

Our bnb official greeter, Rex, woke up yesterday unable to walk. His back leg, which had been threatening to give out for years....finally gave out.

He was so loved and so perfect for our hotelito. In 13 years of being with us, he greeted every human and every dog with a wagging tail, a smile and a wimper of happiness if he recognized your smell.

There are some itinerant vets who happened to be in Punta Abreojos yesterday. I cannot recommend them enough, they gave Rex the most loving care in his last moments.

The huge hole he left in our hearts will be there forever. He sure was a good companion, going absolutely everywhere with Les. As soon as Les opened the front door, Rex rushed over to the car to be at the ready to jump in!

When I stepped outside with my visor on, he would turn circles since he knew that was let's go for a walk time.

He was a gift from Les's best friend in England, we actually brought him back with us on our first trip together. He came from a sophisticated lineage and it showed in his remarkable personality. A most loving dog who really adapted well to Baja. His favorite activity for years was going to the beach and jumping huge waves. I used to worry that we would have to go out and save him...he was a tiny spot on enormous waves. Those moments were surely his happiest.

RIP Puppy (Puppy was my nickname for him) and hope you are having fun jumping non-stop in the waves in doggy heaven.

5resized.jpg - 108kB

PHOTO CREDIT DALTON PORTELLA

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 09:24 AM

Lo siento me amor

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 09:25 AM

Very sorry for the loss of a loved member of your family!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 09:26 AM

Bark, bark, woof, woof, woof.

That's dog speak for good by, rest in peace.

Most of us dog lovers can relate to your pain that you have right now so just try and remember the good times that you all had together.

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

[Edited on 10-11-2018 by Howard]

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 10:09 AM

Sad news, it must have been difficult for you to even sit down and write that post! Speaking as one who spends almost 24/7 with my dog, I truly feel your pain.

I am glad that Bailey and I had a chance to meet Rex. Even as he welcomed us, he made it clear to my much younger, much stronger girl that it was his place!

DEP Rex!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 10:29 AM

Blanca and Les,
So sorry to hear of your loss...

Don't believe everything you think....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 10:40 AM

Always sad to lose the best of friends.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 11:12 AM

Very sorry for your loss. Dogs are some of the best people I know.
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 12:29 PM

Sorry for your loss. They are special souls.
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 12:52 PM

Oh.... Rex was such a sweet guy - so sorry to hear of this, Blanca and Les. You gave Rex a wonderful life and he was one lucky dog to have been in your care.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 01:14 PM

So sorry to hear about losing your dog. I had to put my cat down after 20 years, probably one of the saddest days of my life. I think it hit me harder than when my parents died. I know it physically affected me more.

John
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 01:23 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that, meeting rex was one of the highlights of my trip down there.
sorry for your loss!

carl
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 04:24 PM

We miss our gal also. Se my avatar.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2018 at 04:33 PM

Giving my dog an extra hug for Rex. Sorry for your loss, he is healed now.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2018 at 08:35 AM

so sorry for the loss. he will be missed. the best dog i ever had was a springer/golden mutt. we had 14 great years and a ton of adventures to remember.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2018 at 10:58 AM

One of the hardest things I've ever done was to put my dogs down. They each were special in their own way. Who ever came up with the saying "Mans Best Friend" was right on.

Blanca sorry for your loss, remember the good times and skip the bad.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2018 at 11:32 AM

Blanca and Les, I am sad to hear of your loss of Rex. Seems he enjoyed every minute of his day and was loved by many. Betcha he is jumping in the waves in heaven, with a big pile of meaty bones for his dinner. RIP Rex.

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2018 at 03:17 PM

Rex was such a great host on our trips to La Bocana. He would follow us to the beach, swim around while we body surfed or boogie boarded, then when back on the beach he loved to dig in the sand looking for crabs and other things. Blanca, you and Les gave Rex such a wonderful life. I hope the many wonderful memories of him can bring a little peace and comfort to you both in this time of sadness
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2018 at 06:19 PM

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are the best!
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2018 at 12:30 PM

Small consolation for those that remain, but Rex is has made it to Rainbow Bridge.

To quote: Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who had been hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dream of days gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling to each other in joyous reunion. never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress the beloved head, and you look into the trusted eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.....

Over five years and counting and this still cracks me up every time. Sniff, sniff.

Sorry I never got the chance to meet your love. The life you gave him? Who could ask for more?

Peace, love, and fish tacos.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.