BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Wanna help? We did it -finito!! Thanks all.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 10-19-2018 at 08:51 PM
Wanna help? We did it -finito!! Thanks all.

Wanna help?

So, I have had a REALLY busy October and could use some help with expenses. Not big amounts, but when you add it all together, it is a whopper for me.

Need #1

Each of my current high school (future college scholarship) students has 2 payments due every year. One is tuition and it is $800 pesos for each. Of my 8 candidates, 5 have managed to come up with the cash and 3 owe as follows:

Julian still owes 150 pesos ($7), I gave 300 pesos today towards his debt
Ayled still owes 600 pesos ($31), I gave 200 pesos today towards her debt
Dulce still owes 500 pesos ($26), I gave 200 pesos today towards her debt

need #2

There is also a $500 peso ($26) "quota" or contribution that each one is responsible for. 5 owe the whole shebang!

All the kids are either working or looking for a job, but they also have to save for all the graduation costs (cap and gown, band, food etc.) and Julian, Dulce, Lizeth and Ayled's families struggle to put food on the table.

Need #3

Soon to graduate from college student, Alfonso, has to retake 6 tests to graduate and the total came to $2100 pesos ($110). Yesterday was the last day to pay so I sent it to him.

On the fun side of Life, I heard that the seniors of La Bocana get together for exercise, arts and crafts, yoga and a chat with others, twice a week and last week I made them a meat lasagna lunch, another organizer made fruit juice and a third made a salad. It was a huge success so I have offered to make lunch the 1st Tuesday of every month and desserts on the other three Tuesdays.

More fun:
I am still doing middle school classes and they had an oral test today where EVERY SINGLE STUDENT had to know all the 3 verb forms of around 15 verbs we have studied so far (for example: swim -swam - swum). The catch was that all of them had to know all the verbs - some students weren't really memorizing them well - or no one would get brownies today. You should have seen their eyes on Monday when I presented the challenge ahahaha

They all passed and they all got fudge brownies that were really scrumptious, if I say so myself!!

and even more fun!!! BajaMama left a suitcase for me at the crucero del pacifico restaurant right at the turnoff to Abreojos from highway 1 on Wednesday and a friend who happened to be going by brought it to me today. The clothes are just beautiful!!!! Thanks so so soooooooooooooo much!

Aso, MMc is visting and he brought me HALLOWEEN candy so I am ready for kids to come on the 31st! He also brought ribbons for me to decorate xmas boxes and a suitcase full of clothes and dishes Mom has been collecting for me.

PHOTOS -

donated dress shirts, not pictured are the jeans and pants, which are really nice too.

and the 8th graders today with their well deserved fudge brownies

dress-shirts.jpg - 228kB

2018-8th-graders-with-brownies.jpg - 240kB

[Edited on 10-21-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2018 at 06:43 AM

I'm in for a $100 to be used as needed. Can you post your bank info if that is still the way to go, or paypal if you have it?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2018 at 06:16 PM

I will u2u you! thanks so much.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2018 at 07:26 PM

Great! $100 covers Alfonso's exams.

Can I get 3 of you to sponsor these smaller amounts?

$7

$31

$26

[Edited on 10-21-2018 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2018 at 09:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Great! $100 covers Alfonso's exams.

Can I get 3 of you to sponsor these smaller amounts?

$7

$31

$26

$26

I'll cover the rest! U2U me your info. Do you do Paypal or Venmo?

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2018 at 03:29 PM

I will u2u you! above there is a typo - it is one $26 and not two.

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

We now have this covered :-))))))))))))))

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2018 at 03:41 PM

WE DID IT! WE DID IT!

Thanks all. Life is grand in my world :-)))))))))))

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.