Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: A funny thing happened on the way to retirement
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-27-2018 at 05:05 PM

Buckles, there are four of us who would hire you to fly us down to see the whales at GN. Let me know when you’re up to it.

bajaBEATS
Banned

[*] posted on 10-27-2018 at 10:10 PM

dis kid couldn't a kite
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-27-2018 at 11:33 PM

"there are four of us who would hire you to fly us down to see the whales at GN."

I am trying to put that trip together. Have been for a while.
If you are serious. I will go down to San Diego and get a fresh check-out in my rental.
Big plane. It's been to Shari's and probably everywhere else. Tough old baja bird.
But it is expensive. So just to get current before the trip will cost me 1000 or more. And I will have a fresh Annual review with a flight instructor which I need and a fresh 3rd class medical examination which I just got. Good for 2 years if I work but last ever if I stay amatuer. And fresh flight training in an airplane I already fly well.
Let me know if your still interested and start saving your pennies.

4 pax is the max. Plus a backpack and a duffle each.
I will bring a scale to the airport. And we will load to max gross takeoff weight. It's exiting. And just a little tense. Especially on dirt. On takeoff. Landing is always easy.
The longest leg is about 2-3 hours. It will be tight. And practice peeing in a bottle while sitting down. In front of your friends.
We should each have our own special pee bottle.
Or hold your water. I do. Unless flying alone or with my girl. And farther.
I let her fly so I can go in the back and stand up. We take turns. It's cute.
She likes to fly and can do it for about that long before the plane gets away from her and starts to tumble...
There only a few runways left and I don't like to make unplanned pee stops anyway. I never have. Too expensive.

[Edited on 10-28-2018 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-27-2018 at 11:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaBEATS  
dis kid couldn't a kite

Ok foo you good a bite
But you know your sh!t ain't right
So knock that cr*ap off and see the m/ f-ing light!
Cause if you don't it's good f-ing night.
BANG.

NOW BEAT IT

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-27-2018 at 11:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Maybe it’s time for the aces to produce logbooks and certificates?

Maybe it's time for you to produce some flying money.

Available for all of my share expense evenly flying friends to review after I get a refundable trip deposit.
If you don't like my hours you can have your money back.
If you do... and you will, we're going flying.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-28-2018 at 12:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

This is one of those moments.
As I was looking out of the hospital tower I could litterally see my whole life before me.
I had spent almost my entire adult life on the oceanfront in Newport Beach.
Was married to a nice lady, had a beautiful baby boy in that same hospital I was standing. A finely grown man now.
Years of training for and enjoying various sports. Enjoying the surf, diving, fishing...
Parties, friends, more parties... mysteries, adventures, misadventures... parties...

25 plus years up and down the 405 to Long Beach grinding out a living.
Infact, just saw a job ad for Gulfstream Jets at Long Beach, for an Airworthiness Inspector... for me... there if I want it. Restored to my glory again. Gulfsteam G650's. Finiest and newest private jet ever built. Richey riches for sure. Rarified Air to be certain. Elite doesn't come close... and airworthiness inspectors "hand" the plane to the pilots... every flight. And the "Delivery flight" too and meet THE CUSTOMER. Godlike figures... might need pilots too.
Guess I could use some of my Boeing stock for flight training and buy myself a jet rating at Flight Safety right at Long Beach.

Entering the rat race everyday... and winning.
But I've already won. Why race on so? Win what? I guess more money is always better than less money... isn't it?

But...

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Mark 8:36 

I will now use my next 6 months getting ultra healthy and fit. And when my lease is up here I going "home" to Baja.
My new job...? Flying all around Baja in my little plane delivering donated medical supplies, school supplies, fishing supplies etc. where ever they are needed and wanted. I can meet you at the nearest runway.

That would be the best pilot job I could ever get. And one I think I CAN get too...
The boss is a good friend of mine;)

Thanks all

[Edited on 10-24-2018 by fishbuck]

You should go back to work. Just take lots of vacation.

Get a nice place near Loreto or La Paz. Baja Sur is way better than Norte. Get a boat and get out on the ocean.

[Edited on 10-27-2018 by JZ]

That's why I have a runway.
But 15-16 years ago when I bought my place, I was still working in Long Beach and thought I could fly down to San Quintin to my place catch a yellowtail and fly back for work on a weekend.
Easy in a plane, impossible in a car.
I flew in 1 time in a friends Cherokee 6. Oldest tiredest 6 I've ever flown. Rusty, creeky.
Before I bought my place. I fell in love with the place and knew I was home.
Later my friend totalled the plane in Bryce Canyon in a stupid pilot error. Very rookie.
No-one was hurt.
When I had flown with him I told him he need more flight instruction in the 6 before he loaned it to me. I was planning to use that plane much more...
He bought a Bonaza. He stubbornly didn't get enough flight training and hard landed that and bent it. The insurance companies wouldn't touch him after. Lost track of him.
I called his number and his son said he was deceased. I didn't want to know how.

But I still have my lots and I thank him for that.

[Edited on 10-28-2018 by fishbuck]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.