tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 09:35 AM

I am always amazed at how many angry people visit this website
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 10:15 AM

well Doug....your post is a bit of a highjack! Part of what people like about the Nomad sandbox is there is minimal interference from moderators. I figure it is like a social gathering....not everybody stays on topic...people shift topics naturally often dependent on alcohol consumption....(nearly)everybody gets their say...thoughts wander, stories wobble about, old codgers rattle on, dirt bikers brap brap, the righteous judge, etc etc....which just reflects how life in baja is!

back to Coco....ahem...as the saying goes here in Mexico...sin comentarios.... which is something akin to..if you dont have something nice to say..dont say anything! I do know Coco has helped a whack of people out over the years and is a Baja legend. Baja has something for everyone!

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 12:09 PM

I feel the need to post as I have been a topic of reference and Coco the man.
I have stopped twice so far, and will many more time over the years God willing!
I have never felt threatened or concerned for my safety around Coco.
Unless a female flirts with him, he is respectful, same as most males!
It is understood he is a 'story teller' by nature and plays his situation on visitors for extra tips!
He is part of what is the charm, for lack of a better word, of Baja!
I have questions about his theft story, but this will not stop me from visiting. And tipping!
And JoeJustJoe...you sir, seem to fixated on the 'panty fetish'! :light:

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by PamelaP]

Is there wine?
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 04:02 PM

I've been stopping in for a beer and a story for years, always with good results. I took my wife several years ago just so she could see for herself, Coco was very plesant and respectful. On our way out I tried to buy a six pack of beer to go and he wouldn't take my money! It's Coco's, he runs it how he want's, if you don't like it don't stop.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 04:38 PM

Apparently this Coco, is a con artist/BS artist, who preys upon unsuspecting gringo bike riders, and whoever else stops by with tall tales by Coco, and offers of free sleeping areas on his place.

It's funny, reading these blogs by people who stop by Coco, and write these long trip report, full of Coco, BS stories, like Coco, telling them he was an original Baja 1000 racer, or he is related to Pancho Villa, and just one BS story one after another.

Nothing is free in life, and I would be very suspect of any stranger, especially some freak with a panty fetish offering to let you stay at his place for free. It looks like he also enjoys watching people take showers!

What happens is most people feel obligated to pay him back for his so-called hospitality, and then you end up falling for one of Coco's scams he plays on his guests with whatever story he thinks will work.

So instead of paying him 100 pesos to stay at Coco's, many people end up giving him 1000 pesos or more, if you fall for his stories. But I bet nobody will admit this.

From some blogger's highlights, and she seems more interested in telling a good story, than giving a critical review of Coco's corner.

“Come in Cabrones I’m here. Look you stay here tonight, over there is an old camper van you can sleep there. Just remove the stone from the door and you can come in, of course this place is for free”, he said to us just as he saw us coming in. “I will just ask you two things: fill up the bucket with water go to the pink shack and take a bloody shower, do not worry there is no one there so don´t be afraid to get in the nude, balls in the air.
______

: Coco is full of surprises, he grew up in a relatively wealthy family form Ensenada. He said to me, “That flocking life was not for me boy, I love adventure and other things”. He likes to cut important news form newspapers and likes to read about history. He showed me pictures of his uncle the great and famous Pancho Villa. His aunt was married to Pancho and he had a picture of the both of them signed by her aunt.
_____
He charges absolutely nothing to cyclists when they want to stay a night inside. The same rule goes for anyone really. On the window where he serves the people who want to buy a soda from him or cookies and stuff, he has a jar where you can donate money to a girl who is looking to fund her medicine studies. He helps everyone he can.
________
I know for a fact that many celebrities have signed his book. He told us about the tragedy of his 5th guest book, one of his most precious objects that got stolen. “A couple of flocked up gringos took It from me. They said they wanted sodas to drink and while I was serving them, one of them entered my room and stole it away from me. All I heard was one of them saying to the other ‘I got it..I got it let`s go’.”He told us that he did not understand what was going on, but it was already too late. “I should have known”, he said to me. “There was another couple months back that tried to steel it from me. That time I did notice and chased them up the highway on my quad. I took my shotgun with me, although I had no charges for it. I got them and asked nicely to give me back my book. Of course they didn’t. The second time I put the gun at the man’s chest and asked again. They gave me my book back and I told them that they should give me 100 USD for the night that they had spent at mine, that I don’t usually charge but that they deserved to pay. After the man gave me the money I took the shot, and of course there was no bullet. I laughed and said to them to go to hell.”

http://www.tastingtravels.com/coco-cocos-corner/

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Apparently this Coco, is a con artist/BS artist, who preys upon unsuspecting gringo bike riders, and whoever else stops by with tall tales by Coco, and offers of free sleeping areas on his place.

It's funny, reading these blogs by people who stop by Coco, and write these long trip report, full of Coco, BS stories, like Coco, telling them he was an original Baja 1000 racer, or he is related to Pancho Villa, and just one BS story one after another.

Nothing is free in life, and I would be very suspect of any stranger, especially some freak with a panty fetish offering to let you stay at his place for free. It looks like he also enjoys watching people take showers!

What happens is most people feel obligated to pay him back for his so-called hospitality, and then you end up falling for one of Coco's scams he plays on his guests with whatever story he thinks will work.

So instead of paying him 100 pesos to stay at Coco's, many people end up giving him 1000 pesos or more, if you fall for his stories. But I bet nobody will admit this.

Careful Cowboy, your head is going to explode.

Making America Great Again
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 04:59 PM

Snowflakes should not go to Coco's Corner... if you are that easily offended or can't stand your ground against legless Coco!

He is what he is... and you can always leave!
Coco is just a special character who lives on the side of the road. Stop or not... it is your choice.

Back in the Amigos de Baja days, one regular said Coco would throw out tire hazards so he could get tire repair customers, claims he always got flats near Coco's. I have never seen Coco advertise tire repairs.

Don't go there if you don't want, but don't make up a bunch of hate about his humor, panty collection, etc. Some of us go to Baja because we see or enjoy things there we can't see in the U.S. Coco is something we would never see in the U.S. We have driven by more times than we have stopped. Just an occasional curiosity for a guy who has a lot of stories to tell. He also has been in a couple of motion pictures and TV shows about Baja.

A Nomad many years ago asked if I would make a web page for Coco. He sent me a few photos plus I had one from John M of his wife giving Coco a haircut. This had to be about 15 years ago?
http://www.vivabaja.com/coco/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 05:27 PM

I enjoyed your post and your wife's, too.
Thanks for joining Nomad and not letting the haters chase you away!:biggrin:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 05:43 PM

Agreed....Coco is who he is.
If you don't like it, just keep going
Yeah, we all heard those stories about him scattering trash to cause flats..... I put those in the same category as Coco's tales, just grin and keep on keeping on.
We always get a kick out of his tall tales, and no, I have never seen him act improperly.

My best guess..... neither the goat nor the Joe person have ever been to the Corner, nor have they ever met him in person,
just an educated guess.

Cold beer for a buck! Always.....
Even when we have cooler full of our own, it is always worth hearing some tall tales to buy a few from the old guy.

My favorite quote was years ago I said "Coco, I need to take a leak" to which he responded "Psss anywhere, I need the water"
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 08:24 PM

Sittin in Los Angeleeees, bringing in a couple a keeys......posting from the tarmac, yo. :biggrin:

I like beer, better than most people.
bajaBEATS
Banned

[*] posted on 11-9-2018 at 08:31 PM

yo, i dont speak stoopid but i think joe was trying to say dem drawers be lookin to small for yall you feell?

[Edited on 11-10-2018 by bajaBEATS]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 04:09 AM

Is that English you are attempting to speak?

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 09:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Snowflakes should not go to Coco's Corner... if you are that easily offended or can't stand your ground against legless Coco!

He is what he is... and you can always leave!
Coco is just a special character who lives on the side of the road. Stop or not... it is your choice.

Back in the Amigos de Baja days, o

Don't go there if you don't want, but don't make up a bunch of hate about his humor, panty collection, etc. Some of us go to Baja because we see or enjoy things there we can't see in the U.S. Coco is something we would never see in the U.S. We have driven by more times than we have stopped. Just an occasional curiosity for a guy who has a lot of stories to tell. He also has been in a couple of motion pictures and TV shows about Baja.

A Nomad many years ago asked if I would make a web page for Coco. He sent me a few photos plus I had one from John M of his wife giving Coco a haircut. This had to be about 15 years ago?
http://www.vivabaja.com/coco/

David K. I for one do not find Coco, or anyone else throwing out tire hazards on the road, so cars or motorcycles could get a flat tire amusing like you.

I consider it dangerous and possibly criminal behavior.

Just because Coco, didn't advertise tire repair service, doesn't mean he didn't do this, because I suspect he makes money off the gullible guests that do stop by, and give him money after he tell them some sob story.

I also will not stop at an establishment where the owner brags about chasing down guests in his vehicle, and then holding a shot gun to their head, and then shooting the unloaded gun to their heads!

True or not, this is a sign of an unstable person in need of mental help.

David, I assure you that I'm not a "Snowflake," because for one reason, I don't get my panties in a bunch when I hear a gringo, gets killed in Mexico, like many around here do. I don't panic, and I believe although tragic, life goes on, and it could happen anywhere.

During my years in Mexico, I have hung out at some of the most sleazy bars, in Tijuana, Ensenada, Cancun, and other places in Mexico, where some of the most beautiful women in Mexico, dance on stage, and sometimes remove their panties! ( and no I don't ask for a used pair, but I do leave a tip while I'm drinking tequila and relaxing)

I'm sorry, but my idea of fun is not seeing a dirty old man with stumps for legs sniffing soiled panties and then telling over-the-top stories, after he looks you over, and figures out which story will work that will separate you from your money.

Many gringos do not know this is an art in Mexico, and at many poor countries around the world. And it's so funny to watch, a so-called highly educated gringo, falling for these tall tales, and then open their wallets, although I suspect bikers, do not have too much money in their wallets.

Hanging panties all over the bar, is not just innocent fun, most of these guys have a real panty fetish, and a fresh pair of panties does not get them off. What they want is a used pair with a strong scent. Sadly, there are women, usually American, women way past their prime, willing to give guys like Coco, their panties right in the bar!

And while it could be that Coco, is just a harmless old man, which I doubt. There is also the fact, these type attract other lowlifes, and who knows what they are capable of doing........although at Coco's I would be more concerned about bed bugs than weirdos hanging out at the roach motel.

And no David K. you can't always leave, if you remember the "Roach motel's motto, roaches check in, but they don't check out!

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 10:21 AM

Well, this is quite interesting a bunch of my posts in this thread have disappeared. The one with Coco pointing to the wall with the big red panties, the dopey meme of the guy sitting in the rocking chair talking about arguing politics on the internet.

I've been scrubbed with bleach bit it seems.:o
Funny place...:?:

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 10:52 AM

But, David said he liked my posts :(

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 10:54 AM

J.J.J. stop the fake news. Nowhere did I say causing flats is amusing but I also said it was an old Amigo de Baja poster who claimed this happened, not me.
You really want us to believe Coco chased a tourist driving by, and held a gun to them? That's the first time I heard that yarn! By the time Coco could get into his truck and drive and catch up, the tourist would be at Gonzaga Bay.

Douglas, only you or the moderator (Doug Means) can delete or move your posts and Doug rarely does so... it has to be an extreme violation. Perhaps it was an accidental removal?

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 11:00 AM

While I appreciate your response, with all due respect, there is no way I accidentally deleted several posts. My wife either.
Funny place.....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 11:06 AM

Indeed! I also meant Doug may have, accidentally. I will ask him.

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 11:08 AM

Thank you.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 03:35 PM

Sorry David, but most Mexicans would think that sniffing panties is over the top. Its not just snowflakes. Most would think only perverts enjoy that.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.