Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Coco Theft
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 06:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
are you all just about finished deciding if coco is a saint or s-head?

obviously not bob........
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 06:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
This is a tough call.
I've stopped in to Coco's every trip I've ridden over the past 10 years.
I've seen him in a fine mood and doing well.
We've gotten photos of him with a half exposed and very pretty woman.
I've seen him not doing well with his health.
I've listened to more than one story that sounded far fetched.
I've known him to be robbed by caretakers during his absences.
I've dropped off supplies donated by friends, an inverter that he needed.
I've signed in each and every time I stop and I always stop in both directions.
I saw him after his truck was stolen from his B'day party and wrecked with the attendant fatality.
I can not imagine him leaving $67,000P with open access to visitors unless he is deteriorating healthwise or mentally.
Has anyone actually corroborated this story?

Here we go. That truck was not stolen. He lent it too his good friend the construction worker who was at the party. He said it was stolen so he would not get in trouble with the Federal Police (no insurance). This was straight from him. You can not believe everything he says.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that part. Liability is a harsh mistress.
lol
Although none of this has anything to do with whether Coco was robbed.
So after breezing through several contentious pages,
Has anybody verified this tale of theft of $67,000P?
I'm still skeptical.
And impressed with those that can beat a dead horse to disintegration.
roflmao

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

To sum it all up, we have decided that Misogynists and men stuck in 13year-old-puberty, ala beavis/butthead, think coco is the bomb. Most Adults and typical normal people think he is chithead caveman.

Again, this passes as a civil post.

Funny place.......

I like beer, better than most people.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 09:10 PM

I have taken foreigners through Baja for 30 years. We almost always stop at Coco's when in the area. I have never heard a single word of complaint about Coco from my (adult) clients. Pretty much all women were thrilled to leave some dirty underwear with Coco.
Yeah, I have heard stories from him about being robbed. Happens, I thought. Never crossed my mind he might be propping up his donations. He must have copied that from some politicians. Smart man.
Also, as a cripple, to wait at home for donations versus sitting next to the road in the middle of nowhere Coco picked the better option.

For me Coco has always been an inspiration. Life dealt you a bad hand? So what. Get out and create something (string cans on a wire, build airplanes on a pole, arrange old toilets around a defunct TV, plant something, build something - tell stories (use all the creative freedom a writer would use - or a politician).

If you want to not like him, hate him - heck, go ahead. I don't care. Coco does not care/

Harald Pietschmann
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 11:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
norte, again that is nothing I agree with. Just like the causing flats, it is a hear-say rumor. You guys hear a fake news item or rumor that supports your opinion and then pass it along as fact... shame!

Thats truely funny david. You - the king of "anything anyone says that does not fit to my personal bias - is Fake news!"

your overlord has taught (brainwashed) you well!

so according to you: hundreds of individuals who don't know each other have gotten together and concocted a plot to write fake stories spanning years and years about CoCo! Have I got that right?

any idea why they would all decide to take their time and energy to do that that? what would be their motivation? what are they looking to gain? and who would be the organizer / leader of this nefarious plot!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 11:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  

To sum it all up, we have decided that Misogynists and men stuck in 13year-old-puberty, ala beavis/butthead, think coco is the bomb. Most Adults and typical normal people think he is chithead caveman.

Funny place.......

Does anybody have a tissue you could give DouglasP?

The guy is killing me!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 12:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
norte, again that is nothing I agree with. Just like the causing flats, it is a hear-say rumor. You guys hear a fake news item or rumor that supports your opinion and then pass it along as fact... shame!

Thats truely funny david. You - the king of "anything anyone says that does not fit to my personal bias - is Fake news!"

your overlord has taught (brainwashed) you well!

so according to you: hundreds of individuals who don't know each other have gotten together and concocted a plot to write fake stories spanning years and years about CoCo! Have I got that right?

any idea why they would all decide to take their time and energy to do that that? what would be their motivation? what are they looking to gain? and who would be the organizer / leader of this nefarious plot!

No caj, my personal views has ZERO to do with it. Facts vs. Rumors is what I am referring to. Saying I agree with causing flats, or holding up tourists, or being gross to strangers are all lies because I do NOT agree with that kind of behavior. THAT is the fake news.

Personally, I question that all those events happened because unlike a few here, I have been to Coco's Corner several times the past 18 years so I have an opinion. Hating a Mexican businessman and celebrity based on hearsay rumors is not cool unless it really happened to you. Coco's humor is a bit warped when it comes to his panty collection, but he allows 'alternative' thinking... so lighten up on the old guy.

Here is my stepson and trophy truck fabricator/ mechanic Josh putting up a pair of his boxers, all in good fun (2006):

Here is Hollywood actor Marland Burke (one of by 2016 Baja Extreme Tour guests) putting up a bottle of Born and Bred vodka (from his friend Channing Tatum) with a Jackalope as the logo. The next photo shows Coco looking up while Marland hammers:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 12:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Funny place.......

The guy is killing me!

somebody needs to........
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 01:45 PM

We stopped by Cocos this past Saturday and he never mentioned anything about having money stolen, at least not around me. He did say he needed two tires for his truck. All 4 are worn pretty good, especially for that road near his place.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 05:06 PM

No caj, my personal views has ZERO to do with it. Facts vs. Rumors is what I am referring to. Saying I agree with causing flats, or holding up tourists, or being gross to strangers are all lies because I do NOT agree with that kind of behavior. THAT is the fake news.

Personally, I question that all those events happened because unlike a few here, I have been to Coco's Corner several times the past 18 years so I have an opinion. Hating a Mexican businessman and celebrity based on hearsay rumors is not cool unless it really happened to you. Coco's humor is a bit warped when it comes to his panty collection, but he allows 'alternative' thinking... so lighten up on the old guy.

David K, your opinions about Coco, are not facts.

Just because you met someone doesn't mean you know everything about them. There are many "Baja Nomad" members who are the kindest persons you could meet at an event, but later you find out they have a criminal record, suffer from a mental illness, and nothing they wrote about themselves on the internet was remotely true.

Again a lot of these statements attributed to Coco, were directly from Coco, to these bloggers who visited the "corner," and later wrote about the experience. The statement are troublesome if they are true, or even if the statements are made up they are still troublesome, because they go to Coco's mindset.

If you go back to the OP first post in this thread. I think most members here could pretty much conclude, it's nothing but a Coco whopper, of being robbed of 67000 pesos, although there are always a few that believe anything written on the internet.

Don't give him a pass, before asking yourself, why Coco, is telling big whoppers? What's his reward?

So Coco, is a Mexican businessman and celebrity? Really?

And just because you are infamous, does not mean you're a celebrity.

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 05:12 PM

Well look who is talking the king butt face if you and you brother Joe joe where gone this would be decent site. You losers need new job as this one not working:?:
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 07:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Funny place.......

The guy is killing me!

No hanky needed, just pointing out the irony.
Funny place.......

I like beer, better than most people.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:24 AM

No hanky needed, just pointing out the irony.
Funny place.......[/rquote]

Welcome to Baja Nomad.

Making America Great Again
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.