Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Coco Theft
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 04:03 PM

norte, again that is nothing I agree with. Just like the causing flats, it is a hear-say rumor. You guys hear a fake news item or rumor that supports your opinion and then pass it along as fact... shame!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 04:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
J.J.J. stop the fake news. Nowhere did I say causing flats is amusing but I also said it was an old Amigo de Baja poster who claimed this happened, not me.
You really want us to believe Coco chased a tourist driving by, and held a gun to them? That's the first time I heard that yarn! By the time Coco could get into his truck and drive and catch up, the tourist would be at Gonzaga Bay.

Douglas, only you or the moderator (Doug Means) can delete or move your posts and Doug rarely does so... it has to be an extreme violation. Perhaps it was an accidental removal?

Sorry David K, if you think my posts are fake new and I'm putting words in your mouth you never said.

Clearly I get the impression you're down playing some of Coco's internet stories that border on crazy, or you make excuses for him, for example regarding throwing tire hazards on the road. The implied excuse you gave Coco, is you never seen him advertise tire repairs.

My answer to that is perhaps Coco is not interested in fixing flat tires, as he is getting guest to stop by so he could squeeze money from them with his shtick.

There are stories on the internet about Coco, tearing down Baja 500 signs near his property, because he felt the race sponsors owed him money.

I didn't make it up that Coco, was chasing guys on his property with a shotgun. This was posted by some female blogger who stopped by Coco's, and she repeated the story Coco, told her.

I'm not sure if I believe the story myself, but I was looking at Coco's mindset. My education is in Psychology, and I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

Regarding Douglas, he is new here, but you don't have to hold his hand. Clearly, some of Douglas' posts were insulting, and they were taken down, as well as a couple of my posts were also deleted, as well as other members had their posts deleted in this thread.

Accept it.... it's not our site.

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 08:08 PM

Hey, Coco is for sure a colorful character, that said , he is a part of which makes Baja what it is.

Full of chit? Sure he is.

Pervert for liking the smell of Women's panties ? ????

Well, have you ever watched "The scent of a women" ? Starring Al Pacino,,, Nuff said... OOH-RAH !!!

[Edited on 11-11-2018 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 08:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
well Doug.... Part of what people like about the Nomad sandbox is there is minimal interference from moderators.

[Edited on 11-9-2018 by shari]

You might want to rethink that one.
Maybe minimal (like zero) feedback from Doug while he deletes posts is a better way to put it. His gig, he can run it how he sees fit.
Funny place.....

I like beer, better than most people.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 09:26 PM

Goat quote'
"The only people that seek out coco are marooons, the type of people that detract from the human condition."

Yes Goat , I admit I'm a Marooon since I like Coco. ( as per your assumptions )

BUT I ask you " What exactly IS the Human condition ?" That of which you speak of ??

JohnJohn

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 09:43 PM

Mexicans, as anyone who has spent ten minutes with one will know, are far too canny to leave large amounts of money laying around like that. And so I call b..lls...t.

And I do know him. Very well.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 10:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

.....I'm not sure if I believe the story myself, but I was looking at Coco's mindset. My education is in Psychology, and I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

JJJ,
Having a similar education and practice background and generally appreciate your posts, and also having sat with Coco on at least a dozen occasions by myself, with a few other riders, and when vehicles with mixed sexes have been there as a randomly formed group.... I experienced Coco differently. In all milieus Coco was certainly oriented to time and space and coherent on a range of spectrums. He played up the panty bit when I was there because many of the males would egg it on in that locker room way. When women were present he was either totally appropriate, or would respond to questions and statements travelers made... which opened up a joking session.....I was never offended in any of those situations. I have not seen Coco ask women for their panties....but on one occasion a woman offered a pair unsolicited.

I had run a S.O. treatment program for 11 years and had my fill of that ilk....but wouldn't put Coco in that class...

Yes, he will BS for the reasons most people do...Yes friends have had flats there....but who knows where the puncture initiated.

I am not enamoured with him ...but respect the life he has carved for himself. I have given him personal donations aside from buying his beer....and when his second leg was amputated I orchestrated a fund drive on the ADV Rider forum that netted $5000 for a rugged wheelchair....Coco used it for a truck which was his preference.... which was cool with all the riders who donated...

I do not feel conned and my radar is on.

I wouldn't do that for a guy like you describe.

I do not believe he is dangerous or at any significant risk to others...and if he chased someone with a shotgun, they probably deserved it

Just my one peso perspective :coolup:

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Hey, Coco is for sure a colorful character, that said , he is a part of which makes Baja what it is.

Well, have you ever watched "The scent of a women" ? Starring Al Pacino,,, Nuff said... BOO-RAH !!!

uh its "OORAH" :rolleyes:...and on their birthday:no:...nuff said?

[Edited on 11-11-2018 by willardguy]
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 11:48 PM

I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

I'm not a big Coco fan personally. But at least I've met him a dozen times. He is an interesting character and so is the place.

But, this JJJ guy is a freak and a charlatan. Guy just sits in his house typing nonsense about stuff he knows nothing about.

Having never met Coco or been to the place, yet he thinks he knows something?? Wut?

Ppl should never read another word he types on this site again.

[Edited on 11-11-2018 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 12:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

I'm looking at Coco's mindset, and I believe he is unstable, and although I never met him, believe me, I know the type.

I'm not a big Coco fan personally. But at least I've met him a dozen times. He is an interesting character and so is the place.

But, this JJJ guy is a freak and a charlatan. Guy just sits in his house typing nonsense about stuff he knows nothing about.

Having never met Coco or been to the place, yet he thinks he knows something?? Wut?

hey amigo me and my half dozen alias's are stoked your family wasn't impacted by the fires, hopefully the worse is over!:coolup:
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 12:41 AM

Thx. We had to leave. Hoping to go back tomorrow.

No power at the house since Thursday night.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 12:49 AM

Thx. We had to leave. Hoping to go back tomorrow.

No power at the house since Thursday night.

buena suerte, hope they're wrong about the winds back on monday, scary chit for sure.:no:
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 07:38 AM

Exactly what I've been trying to say. You said it in a much more articulate and succinct way. Bravo.
Is there an ignore function on this forum? :biggrin:

I like beer, better than most people.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 07:41 AM

I used to stop with otc meds for him. I don't stop anymore.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 09:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  

Well, have you ever watched "The scent of a women" ? Starring Al Pacino,,, Nuff said... BOO-RAH !!!

Paco what are you nuts?

You see Coco's Corner, "part of which makes Baja what it is!"

That's like saying, if the "Bates Motel" from the movie, " Psycho," was real, that the "Bates Motel, " represents South West America.

It's deeply offensive to Mexico, and the Mexican people, that you see Coco's as representing Baja. I think the "Bates Motel" was a much more classy joint compared to Coco's. Not even Norman Bates, hung and sniffed panties in front of the motel guests.

I watched the movie, " The scent of a women," with Al Pacino, a couple of times through the years, and I must have missed the scene where Al Pacino, was sniffing used panties, and reliving his memories.

If I recall, the Al Pacino, character, pretty much picked up on young woman, make a correct guess on the perfume the woman was wearing, and then danced the Tango with her. I really liked the end of the movie, where Pacino, tears into that Military head master, and the school...then he saves the day for his young military school student friend.

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 09:47 AM

JJJ, please don't get your "panties in a bunch"

Fact is there are meny more people here in support of Coco than not.

Like it or not, Coco is a well known character and he lives in Baja , so he can't help but to be a genuine part of what makes Baja Baja.

Comparing him to Norman at the Bates Motel was quite the reach... HaHa But nice try.... Gave me a laugh.................

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

JJJ,
Having a similar education and practice background and generally appreciate your posts, and also having sat with Coco on at least a dozen occasions by myself, with a few other riders, and when vehicles with mixed sexes have been there as a randomly formed group.... I experienced Coco differently. In all milieus Coco was certainly oriented to time and space and coherent on a range of spectrums. He played up the panty bit when I was there because many of the males would egg it on in that locker room way. When women were present he was either totally appropriate, or would respond to questions and statements travelers made... which opened up a joking session.....I was never offended in any of those situations. I have not seen Coco ask women for their panties....but on one occasion a woman offered a pair unsolicited.

Motoged, your opinion, is one of the few opinions I respect on "Baja Nomad," and I will admit, I never met Coco, and I could be wrong.

Then again, what I hear about Coco, is something I'm very familiar with and it's part of Mexico's subculture among the poor and especially in sleezy bars and I think it' something that's going right over the heads of many gringos.

Pretty Mexican women, are a lot better at this type of game than Coco, who usually give their American marks, enough rope and free stuff, so they hang themselves, and the Americans, end up giving up most of their cash to these cunning Mexican females. For example these women, usually supposedly have a family member that needs a life saving operation to save their life, that is usually the same amount the Americans have in the bank. After the females get their money and the Americans max out their credit cards, they are dumped when the Mexican female finds a new hapless guy with money in his pockets.

I am also not surprised that on "occasion a woman offered a pair of panties unsolicited." I suspect it happens more than once, and I bet the unsolicited panties, are coming from American women, who slip off their panties right there in the bar with the encouragement from the male patrons.

You often see type of behavior, from American women, past their prime, in bars in Tijuana, and even Las Vegas, wanting to get up on the stage and dancing like a young female stripper, with the encouragement from their husbands, that have been convinced his wife is still hot. The husbands, of course are wrong and it is mostly sad, seeing a drunk American woman, trying to shake it up on the stage, and it's something I rather not see at a place like Coco's.

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

I am not enamoured with him ...but respect the life he has carved for himself. I have given him personal donations aside from buying his beer....and when his second leg was amputated I orchestrated a fund drive on the ADV Rider forum that netted $5000 for a rugged wheelchair....Coco used it for a truck which was his preference.... which was cool with all the riders who donated...

Why am I not surprised that Coco, received a new rugged wheelchair. I suspect, Coco, receives a lot of free stuff from his generous guests, and it's all because Coco, is such a generous guy who offers free room and board, and low costs beers.

Then again, some others, may see Coco, as cunning like a fox, and his freebies are nothing but his casting a line and seeing what he could reel in.........

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 03:25 PM

are you all just about finished deciding if coco is a saint or s-head?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 05:45 PM

.... I am also not surprised that on "occasion a woman offered a pair of panties unsolicited." I suspect it happens more than once, and I bet the unsolicited panties, are coming from American women, who slip off their panties right there in the bar with the encouragement from the male patrons.

You often see type of behavior, from American women, past their prime....

Nope....I know the scene you are talking about and I never saw that kind of depravity....the woman got a pair from her luggage...not a sleazy bar-room vibe...just folks having a smile and a chuckle and a beer/refresco or two....

But your imagination is vivid ;)

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-11-2018 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
are you all just about finished deciding if coco is a saint or s-head?

To sum it all up, we have decided that Misogynists and men stuck in 13year-old-puberty, ala beavis/butthead, think coco is the bomb. Most Adults and typical normal people think he is chithead caveman.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.