Author: Subject: To my fellow Brothers at Arms
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 12:09 PM
To my fellow Brothers at Arms

In the forgotten war and others.....GO NAVY
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Rainer
Junior Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 12:40 PM

GO ARMY
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 12:47 PM
Semper Fi

Semper Fi to all who served.

JM
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 12:49 PM

Go Air Force!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 01:28 PM

first: a sincerre thankyou to all of you who served. You are appreciated , and lionized - thank you for being a hero!

Semper Fi fund https://semperfifund.org/ is an excellent resource for any veterans struggling with any issue, financially physically mentally etc. (don't have to be marines, any branch of service is welcomed and cared for).
(Don't click on the Our impact: Hero Stories Tab unless you want to cry)

A+ rated, 4* 95% of everything raised and donated goes directly to vets.

all sorts of programs and long term projects available to help!
If you are a vet, or know a vet in need of help - please contact them, the sooner the better.

Originally they were for post 9-11 vets, but they are in the process of opening up their programs to pre 9-11 vets as well.

Let me know if I can be of assistance, I have a direct line to the founder/ director!

[Edited on 11-12-2018 by caj13]

tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 01:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Go Air Force!

+1
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 05:30 PM

Carrier vet here
survived for which I am ever thankful
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 05:39 PM

Drafted in January of 67, I wound up spending three years serving in Armor, Artillery, and Infantry.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 06:19 PM

Go Armed Forces, especially the USMC! Ooorah!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 10:05 PM

On Veteran's Day, all branches are honored. O-positive knows no race, color or religion.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 05:35 AM

Thanks to all that served! I missed Vietnam by about 1 year, You are all heroes as far as I'm concerned.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 06:12 AM

nobody who knows me well will "thank me for my service" allowing my self to be drafted and subsequent excursion to viet nam was the worst decision of my life. i regret it every day. war is a waste, and those who go fight and die for the interests of the wealthy are rubes. imho
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:09 AM

USAF
Thank you brothers and sisters.
Thank you for your sacrifice.

"No man ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other man die for his country."
Gen. Goerge S Patton

[Edited on 11-13-2018 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 10:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
nobody who knows me well will "thank me for my service" allowing my self to be drafted and subsequent excursion to viet nam was the worst decision of my life. i regret it every day. war is a waste, and those who go fight and die for the interests of the wealthy are rubes. imho

....and Trump doesn't care for the fallen and survivors either:

"(CNN)Ron Freer is 103 years old. He is blind and uses a wheelchair. Ron lost his sight 75 years ago in the service of his country -- and the Allied Powers, which include Britain, France and the United States -- due to the malnutrition he endured in a Japanese prisoner of war camp during World War II. He spent four years in the camp after the fall of the British military base at Fort Stanley.

On Sunday, Ron led 100 fellow veterans down the streets of London as part of the UK's commemorations of the armistice, 100 years since the end of the First World War. There was a light drizzle -- it doesn't seem to have deterred him .

Two months ago, he made the journey to lay a wreath at the Dernancourt Communal Cemetery in France, where his father lost his own life in 1918. Ron was 3 years old when his father died in the First World War; he nonetheless joined the army at age 15, eight years before the outbreak of the Second World War. Two generations of a family sacrificed to the service of a nation.
There has been plenty written in the last few days about President Donald Trump's failure to attend the armistice commemorations at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France on Saturday -- and on what it means for his status in America as commander in chief of the armed forces. Less has been written on what it means for America's relationship with its allies.
US veterans have every right to be offended by Trump's inability to face a little rain. (Aisne-Marne cemetery had been chosen by the international community to show respect to the Americans; Trump's absence led to the bizarre image of foreign leaders gathering together in a predominantly American cemetery.)

But consider, too, the message it sends to those of us whose nations have served alongside American troops, often under American command. US presidents, it seems, are happy to send European troops into the face of battle in Iraq and Afghanistan, but not to travel 50 miles to mourn our shared war dead.
As a Brit, I have spent my life in love with the idea of America. I have lived in America, been educated in America, loved in America. No surprise, then, that I've always been deeply committed to the idea of Anglo-American military cooperation: Get a gin and tonic into me and I've even been known to try to convince British leftists that the invasion of Iraq, with better planning, could have been a good thing.
I'm just one person, political idiosyncrasies and all. But Trump's insult to the joint military forces who served in both world wars will appall many of America's friends abroad. It makes it harder and harder to justify our continued alliances. As the British columnist Matthew d'Ancona wrote on the day of Trump's inauguration, "for a passionate Atlanticist like me, this is an hour of sheer despair." With each affront to America's allies, the rest of us feel the same.

No one can seriously believe the various excuses made by Team Trump for what appears to be sheer laziness this weekend, so I will not grace them with much analysis here. There is no difficulty getting from Paris to Belleau in a light drizzle. Helicopters can fly in rain; presidents can take cars. (The other world leaders all managed.)
As the former Obama speechwriter Ben Rhodes tweeted, on presidential trips, "There is always a rain option. Always." True, the President is a man of 72. Here in Britain, the queen's consort Prince Philip continued to accompany her to public commemorations until his recent retirement at age 96. Then again, unlike President Trump, he is a war veteran who despite his flaws understands the concept of service.
One thing's for sure. In pulling this sulk, President Trump has managed to ensure the story of this armistice centenary is all about him -- in splendid American isolation. For other world leaders, the weekend was a carefully planned show of diplomatic alliances. British Prime Minister Theresa May paid her respects at WWI graves on Friday, alongside French President Emmanuel Macron and Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel (a member of the public crashing into their cavalcade didn't stop them), before returning to London to lay a wreath alongside the German President at Britain's Cenotaph memorial.

The Queen, 92, also showed up. For all her wealth and privilege, she is loved here in Britain for having got her hands dirty as a truck mechanic in World War II.
I believe,unfashionable as it is, that European and American military might has a major role to play in spreading democracy around the world. Living in the United States, I put my hand on my heart to "The Star-Spangled Banner" on Veterans Day and shook the hands of American servicemen in gratitude for their service.

But it gets harder and harder to explain to my countrymen why they should fight and die alongside the flag of a nation whose commander in chief sees honoring our shared war dead -- or celebrating peace with our former adversaries -- as a chore better evaded.
If Ron Freer can make it to a French cemetery at the age of 103, I'm not sure why Donald Trump can't. Then again, perhaps President Trump doesn't believe in honoring men like Freer. I understand he prefers war heroes who didn't get captured."

Don't believe everything you think....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 11:26 AM

Ged, which branch did you serve in? This post was started as a brief call out to fellow Nomad veterans, with no political stand.

Your reply is really out of place here and will just lead to another annoying hijack!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 01:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

....and Trump doesn't care for the fallen and survivors either:

"(CNN)Ron Freer is 103 years old. He is blind and uses a wheelchair. Ron lost his sight 75 years ago in the service of his country -- and the Allied Powers, which include Britain, France and the United States -- due to the malnutrition he endured in a Japanese prisoner of war camp during World War II. He spent four years in the camp after the fall of the British military base at Fort Stanley.

On Sunday, Ron led 100 fellow veterans down the streets of London as part of the UK's commemorations of the armistice, 100 years since the end of the First World War. There was a light drizzle -- it doesn't seem to have deterred him .

Two months ago, he made the journey to lay a wreath at the Dernancourt Communal Cemetery in France, where his father lost his own life in 1918. Ron was 3 years old when his father died in the First World War; he nonetheless joined the army at age 15, eight years before the outbreak of the Second World War. Two generations of a family sacrificed to the service of a nation.
There has been plenty written in the last few days about President Donald Trump's failure to attend the armistice commemorations at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France on Saturday -- and on what it means for his status in America as commander in chief of the armed forces. Less has been written on what it means for America's relationship with its allies.
US veterans have every right to be offended by Trump's inability to face a little rain. (Aisne-Marne cemetery had been chosen by the international community to show respect to the Americans; Trump's absence led to the bizarre image of foreign leaders gathering together in a predominantly American cemetery.)

But consider, too, the message it sends to those of us whose nations have served alongside American troops, often under American command. US presidents, it seems, are happy to send European troops into the face of battle in Iraq and Afghanistan, but not to travel 50 miles to mourn our shared war dead.
As a Brit, I have spent my life in love with the idea of America. I have lived in America, been educated in America, loved in America. No surprise, then, that I've always been deeply committed to the idea of Anglo-American military cooperation: Get a gin and tonic into me and I've even been known to try to convince British leftists that the invasion of Iraq, with better planning, could have been a good thing.
I'm just one person, political idiosyncrasies and all. But Trump's insult to the joint military forces who served in both world wars will appall many of America's friends abroad. It makes it harder and harder to justify our continued alliances. As the British columnist Matthew d'Ancona wrote on the day of Trump's inauguration, "for a passionate Atlanticist like me, this is an hour of sheer despair." With each affront to America's allies, the rest of us feel the same.

No one can seriously believe the various excuses made by Team Trump for what appears to be sheer laziness this weekend, so I will not grace them with much analysis here. There is no difficulty getting from Paris to Belleau in a light drizzle. Helicopters can fly in rain; presidents can take cars. (The other world leaders all managed.)
As the former Obama speechwriter Ben Rhodes tweeted, on presidential trips, "There is always a rain option. Always." True, the President is a man of 72. Here in Britain, the queen's consort Prince Philip continued to accompany her to public commemorations until his recent retirement at age 96. Then again, unlike President Trump, he is a war veteran who despite his flaws understands the concept of service.
One thing's for sure. In pulling this sulk, President Trump has managed to ensure the story of this armistice centenary is all about him -- in splendid American isolation. For other world leaders, the weekend was a carefully planned show of diplomatic alliances. British Prime Minister Theresa May paid her respects at WWI graves on Friday, alongside French President Emmanuel Macron and Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel (a member of the public crashing into their cavalcade didn't stop them), before returning to London to lay a wreath alongside the German President at Britain's Cenotaph memorial.

The Queen, 92, also showed up. For all her wealth and privilege, she is loved here in Britain for having got her hands dirty as a truck mechanic in World War II.
I believe,unfashionable as it is, that European and American military might has a major role to play in spreading democracy around the world. Living in the United States, I put my hand on my heart to "The Star-Spangled Banner" on Veterans Day and shook the hands of American servicemen in gratitude for their service.

But it gets harder and harder to explain to my countrymen why they should fight and die alongside the flag of a nation whose commander in chief sees honoring our shared war dead -- or celebrating peace with our former adversaries -- as a chore better evaded.
If Ron Freer can make it to a French cemetery at the age of 103, I'm not sure why Donald Trump can't. Then again, perhaps President Trump doesn't believe in honoring men like Freer. I understand he prefers war heroes who didn't get captured."

well said ged.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Ged, which branch did you serve in? This post was started as a brief call out to fellow Nomad veterans, with no political stand.

Your reply is really out of place here and will just lead to another annoying hijack!

Gary,
I respect and honour people who have put their life on the line through military and law enforcement, and other first responders....my point is that it is unfortunate your president (Private Bonespur) can't do the same.

I don't think one has to have served in the military to understand and respect....and honour such brothers ... and sisters.

There is no secret handshake for that.

Your president's behaviour is far more inappropriate than my link to an article.

Gary, whether you had "served" or not, are you proud of your Commander in Chief with his snub to those who had fallen?

Don't believe everything you think....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 04:02 PM

Well said, and I won't thank you for your service as you requested.

If fact I never thank anybody for their military service, because not since World War II, was any country a threat to the United States, and on the contrary the United States, is a threat to small nations without nukes.

So I don't see any military veterans protecting me and my family, as I see them protection, Dow Chemical Company, in the Vietnam war, or Halliburton, in the Iraq wars. It's not worth your life to die for defense corporations, or blindly follow the orders of a guy with more stripes on his shirt.

I also won't hold it against Trump, because he took a rain check than honoring American killed in WWI. I have a lot of other current issues that I rather hold against Trump.

That said, I honor all workers, who put food on the table for their families, but I will not single out Military vets, or first responders, anymore than the neighborhood trash man.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 04:54 PM

PLEASE, take your off topic crap elsewhere and leave this thread alone!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 05:09 PM

Man you gotta have a thick skin to hang out on this board!:lol:
"oh look , here is a nice thread thanking vets for their service , lets see whats".... BAM, surprise attack ! Toma cabron!!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.