Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: To my fellow Brothers at Arms
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 05:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
Man you gotta have a thick skin to hang out on this board!:lol:
"oh look , here is a nice thread thanking vets for their service , lets see whats".... BAM, surprise attack ! Toma cabron!!

You can count on the same turds floating to the top
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 05:17 PM

its not about the message they send.......its about making it about them, pathetic :(
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 05:23 PM

AK was right on...... welcome the OT crew ( a ''first responder"). Only one page and in the terlet as usual.

It WAS Veteran's Day, to salute the living Veterans. Memorial Day is set aside for the dead ("I don't like dead Veterans, OK?"). This one coincided with Armistice Day in France; hence the double-whammy. One hundred years since the END of the Great War my Grand-daddy was a sergeant of a machine gun unit. He lived, and I laud his service, helping other Countries at a time of need.

Cannot Nomads FOR ONCE for Christ's sake quit tossing political cookies into a stewpot, and remember the old adage, "If it don't stink, don't stir it"?

I'm still dealing with mixed feelings when people tell me, "Thanks for your service". This chit bag hijack was totally unnecessary. Ged, your commentary is understandable, but very ill-timed and ill-placed. As a non-countryman I don't think you'd like anyone throwing their dos centavos in at your politics in a time of remembrance and respect, just to denigrate the moment.

'Nuff said.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

It WAS Veteran's Day, to salute the living Veterans. Memorial Day is set aside for the dead ("I don't like dead Veterans, OK?"). This one coincided with Armistice Day in France;...... As a non-countryman I don't think you'd like anyone throwing their dos centavos in at your politics in a time of remembrance and respect, just to denigrate the moment.

'Nuff said.

Many countries lost people....and many were paying their respects....so they are my countrymen as well...

I have no intentions of disrespecting those who died and the veterans who survived.
And it's NOT about me....it IS the message. ...about honouring all those.

I'm done on this.

Don't believe everything you think....
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 11-14-2018 at 08:55 AM

Give it up JJJ. This is not YOUR day. I understand the point but it's not appropriate here and counterproductive to a rational exchange of ideas. The people that served in the military deserve recognition. Your post is reactionary in the worst sense and only serves to further divide us. The result will be answered by a push back and reaction against co's, peace activists and their like. Stop being a Trump, it's ugly.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-14-2018 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
PLEASE, take your off topic crap elsewhere and leave this thread alone!

You take your off topic crap somewhere else!

How is talking about ones alleged experiences in the US military, and expecting others to say to you, " I thank you for your service," even Baja related?

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Give it up JJJ. This is not YOUR day. I understand the point but it's not appropriate here and counterproductive to a rational exchange of ideas. The people that served in the military deserve recognition. Your post is reactionary in the worst sense and only serves to further divide us. The result will be answered by a push back and reaction against co's, peace activists and their like. Stop being a Trump, it's ugly.

So this is your day?

Everybody deserves recognition.

I was at the Sizzler, on Sunday, and the guy in front of me got a free lunch, because the Sizzler, was giving away free lunch on Veterans day?

Where is my free lunch?

Well at least the Sizzler, was making the Vets prove they were in the military, and weren't posers. ( if you know me, you would know I have a pet peeve against posers)

Possibly, the only criticism against my anti-war views coming from a real military veteran would be something like this:

" Joe, I vehemently disagree with your viewpoints, but I and other military veterans fought for your free speech rights."

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-14-2018 at 10:21 AM
Honoring Joe

Those like Joe already have their day of recognition.

April 1st.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-14-2018 at 10:22 AM

Hahaha

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Those like Joe already have their day of recognition.

April 1st.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

thumbup.gif posted on 11-14-2018 at 05:09 PM

Good to see your still right on pointe Mr Billm :lol::lol:
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 12:07 PM

I pet peave our area is always the stores that sprout their Christmas decorations before Remembrance Day, November 11th. It smacks of pushing this day's effect away, for at least some. Our family has lost no one since long before my time, when a great uncle died in Mexico in 1848. His younger brother was wounded in the Civil War but survived to lead a good life on his Illinois farm. A brother of mine did some of his early years in the RCAF but Canada was never close to war as we were continued to enjoy the shadow of American military might. But I knew a chap who constructed a bomb shelter in the basement of his home. An Airforce base across the twenty miles of the Strait of Georgia has some wondering about how the Cold War was going, quite a bit.
Our little town sent a lot of people into three major conflicts. We were bigger in the 1940's when 600 men enlisted. In the first Great War an uncle made it to Europe and survived; in WW II my twin uncles went, with one coming back with the problem of "shell shock," as it was called then. but he lived a useful life thereafter.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.