Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mini-Hotel Cabana Linda, Catavina
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 04:53 PM
Mini-Hotel Cabana Linda, Catavina

Very basic Mexican hotel but nice option instead of over-priced Cavatina Inn. Great for 1 night stay. Place is on solar & unable to recharge electronics but there are lights in room. Shower warm-hot water. Bed was fairly comfortable. It is on the highway so you might need earplugs when sleeping. Pet-friendly. Wi-fi.
500 pesos/night

IMG_0794.JPG - 178kB IMG_0796.JPG - 96kB
norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 06:01 PM

Complaints in the past they did not change their sheets. Glad you had a nice stay.
norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 06:04 PM

Why do some people say the Catavina Hotel Mision is overpriced? Given where they are, they have to run everything by generator, haul all their supplies in, and still provide nice rooms, swimming pool, and an excellent restaurant...Some would think it is a bargain.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 06:07 PM

Ditto norte...

One Nomad (you would have to do a search as I don't remember who) happened to be in or near the parking lot still when the "cleaning" person simply made the bed he had slept in, using the same sheets and closed up the room.

This was many years ago but that sort of thing is hard to forget.
Nomads who had to sleep there since then just put their own sleeping bag/ blanket on the bed and never get into the motel's bed.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

Learn about the discovery of Baja, the Missions, and people who built them: http://oldmissions.com

Over 60 Baja Bound Travel Adventure articles: https://www.bajabound.com/bajaadventures/bajatravel/

Visit Viva Baja, to help you plan your next adventure: http://VivaBaja.com

My 2018 Maps: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=88771
advrider
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 07:49 PM

Stayed at the Catavina inn last year for the first time, rooms were worth the price. Food was amazing and service even better! The staff went out of their way to take care of some of our moto guys that got in late after the restaurant was closed. Nice to have options.
Pacifico
Super Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja!!!

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Why do some people say the Catavina Hotel Mision is overpriced?

Because of people's different financial situations???

But, I agree... for all they provide it is a bargain. I've stayed there a couple times long ago. I've just never been comfortable with the parking and lack of security there.

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by Pacifico]

Live on your feet or die on your knees!
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:47 PM

Thanks for all these reviews, bajamary. Super helpful.
weebray
Senior Nomad

Mood: Free

[*] posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:34 PM

Thank's for the review. I have been holding my tongue about Hotel Mission, a place we looked forward to every trip. Over the years their prices have outpaced reasonable inflation. But pesos aren't the problem. The problem is the abortion they recently attached to the N. end of one of the most charming motels in Mexico. They had to look no further than the front door to come up with a design for their badly needed expansion. Instead they slapped up the cheapest imitation of a poorly built motel four and a half. Not even a six. A fie on the owners. An insult.

#45... The United Disgrace of America

Go To Top

All Content Copyright � 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.