BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Border Crossing - "Caravan" Impact?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 09:58 AM
Congestion Question

Having crossed the border hundreds of times over the years in both directions by every route between TJ and Algodones (but mostly in Mexicali east and west), I have found a WIDE variance in congestion at the same hours and days for no apparent reason. As I said earlier, it's all a guess with the only likelihood being an unknown degree of negative influence.

Given that NO decent information regarding the original question is (or will be available), it would be wise to simply close the thread. There are other offbeat rants regarding the social aspects.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 10:42 AM

YUP

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 10:55 AM

I disagree Bill, there are sites that let you know how many lanes are open and the wait time back into the US, and although this is current information, based on 9 caravan buses already in Northern Baja.

However, I think because Thanksgiving is only about one week away, and based on the fact the majority of the caravan is still hundreds of miles away.

I think it's reasonable to assume traffic will be flowing freely with the exception of more holiday traffic......but then again, you just never know...... maybe Bill, you might have a point after all.

Passenger Vehicles
Maximum Lanes: 26
Standard Lanes: At 9:00 am PST, 75 min, 5 lane(s) open
Readylane: At 9:00 am PST, 80 min, 9 lane(s) open
Sentri Lanes: At 9:00 am PST, 15 min, 7 lane(s) open
Standard Lanes: At 9:00 am PST, no delay, 9 lane(s) open
Readylane: At 9:00 am PST, no delay, 1 lane(s) open

https://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/mobile.asp?action=n&pn=2504

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 03:39 PM
Wait Time Info

The thing about the "wait time" info is that it's of no use as an advance planning tool.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 06:47 PM

Talk of a "sit in" in the northbound lanes Saturday

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 07:31 PM

Crossed the Tj border at 1:30 this afternoon. My only worry was getting ran over by the knuklehead chase trucks that seem to think their in the race and no traffic laws being their Americans in a foreign country. Not a safe weekend to be traveling.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 07:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I would like to know why they didn't stay in Mexicali or Tecate (or any other closer border) since both were passed to go to the furthest away border in all of Mexico from where they came from???

George Soros gave them a web link to bajanomad and a couple of your mission books, and those refugees all read the good words said baja is the place to be!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:02 PM

The answer could be a scary one,
Tijuana is the place your children are most likely to be abused.
Tj police still give drugs to 10 year old girls.

I would like to know why they didn't stay in Mexicali or Tecate (or any other closer border) since both were passed to go to the furthest away border in all of Mexico from where they came from???

Did they walk up the Rumorosa (Cantu) Grade? Seems well staged for U.S. media???

US troops stationed have erected concertina wire, barricades and fencing on the border, and US Customs and Border Protection announced that it would close four lanes at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossings.

Thousands of people are already waiting in the city to claim asylum in the US,
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/15/migrant-carava...

In other news,
Gordo said the migrants no want a sandwich, they want only pizza and tacos.

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by joerover]

By the by Tj still has a group of Obama era (Nigerians¿) who no longer wait in the line, one of which now works for migration Mx, he tells me I can not ride my bicycle on the bridge.

Later that night, locals moved down to where the migrants were sleeping, chanting “Out of Tijuana” and “Mexico has its own problems”, and singing the Mexican national anthem. Scuffles broke out as screaming protesters threatened and attacked local residents defending the group, along with journalists and the migrants themselves. Caravan forces Mexico to confront mixed feelings on migration Read more Arnoldo Astorga, a member of a local vigilante group, said the residents had called his group. “This is like an invasion. It looks and smells like an invasion. They come over here with no respect.” Throughout the protest, other locals quietly handed out tacos to migrants sitting nearby.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:07 PM

:lol:....you can't make this chit up!
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
:lol:....!

not a joke stop laughing

the fat lady is breeding
which means
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
:lol:....!

not a joke stop laughing

sorry I can't.......keep going

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by willardguy]
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:40 PM
migration speaks through dance

1:58 listen to 1:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUTUQ7_TFW4

the fat lady is breeding
which means
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
The TalkBaja page on FB has a discussion of what is happening with the caravan in TJ.

If they had a discussion on Talk Baja, about the caravan, most of it disappeared!

Although, threads like this can get irritating at times with political talk, I rather put up with them than mass censorship at some of the other sites, unless the threads truly go way off the rails.

I may disagree with what David K. says, but I still like to read his opinions.

Ron wrote: "Caravan and political comments

You are free to post and comment about the approaching caravan as a topic dealing with border crossing issues; however venturing over into political commenting is not allowed here and my patience on this is very thin.

If you see someone else do it, resist the urge to respond in kind and simply notify an admin. Those who continue to abuse these rules will be banned without any further notice..."

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:43 PM

Cops giving drugs to 10 year old girls?

Got a link for that? Didn’t think so. Carry on....

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:48 PM

Buses have been stopped in Mexicali
US processing 30 asylum seekers a day in TJ
There's Calexico, Yuma, Lukeville Hmmm

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:58 PM

Did they walk up the Rumorosa (Cantu) Grade? Seems well staged for U.S. media???

Seriously David? Your prepositions dangle with your heart.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 09:14 PM

"Some 5,000 caravan members, most of them from Honduras, agreed at an assembly in Mexico City last week that they would head to the Tijuana-San Diego border. The plan is for many to turn themselves in at the San Ysidro Port of Entry and ask the U.S. government for asylum."

let me guess...more fake news?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 09:37 PM

......... and the pond scum thickens..... :no:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 09:43 PM

With DK as the TOP FROG....

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-16-2018 at 10:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
The TalkBaja page on FB has a discussion of what is happening with the caravan in TJ.

If they had a discussion on Talk Baja, about the caravan, most of it disappeared!

Although, threads like this can get irritating at times with political talk, I rather put up with them than mass censorship at some of the other sites, unless the threads truly go way off the rails.

I may disagree with what David K. says, but I still like to read his opinions.

Ron wrote: "Caravan and political comments

You are free to post and comment about the approaching caravan as a topic dealing with border crossing issues; however venturing over into political commenting is not allowed here and my patience on this is very thin.

If you see someone else do it, resist the urge to respond in kind and simply notify an admin. Those who continue to abuse these rules will be banned without any further notice..."

Are you kidding me?! Joe I know you think I'm new here, but this isn't the first public forum I've signed up on, lol. Quit with the delusions. I have never seen more posts deleted, not just mine, on any site I've been on. Censorship is strong here. With no rhyme or reason, to boot. I can't comment about Facebook, don't do it, won't do it. It's the devil! Carry on.

I like beer, better than most people.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.