BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Rookie advice needed-final revision?
tassonejoe

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 11:02 AM

thx updated !

2-El Rosario on Pacific thru Ensenada and San Quitin 5-6 hrs thurs
3-San ignacio Mission and oasis in the desert 6 hrs
4-Loretto on Gulf 4 hrs
5-Cabo San Lucas on tip 7 hrs thru La Paz
6-Todas Santos on Pacific 2 hrs rest day new years eve 12/31
7-to Mulage on Gulf 7 hrs
8-Guerrero Negro Pacific 4hrs
9-San Felipe on Pacific 7 hrs Jan 3 (30 m of gravel, reconstruction, and washouts
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 11:04 AM
#1 must do!

Just to put more information in your mind, consider this;

On the way back stop at Lopez Mateos to interact with the California Grey whales. Beginning of January is a bit early in the season but there is a good chance that there will be whales and if there are, you and your daughter will talk about the encounter for decades to come. Look at a map and you will see it's only approx. 40 minutes out of your way. The turn off is in Insurgentes which is just past Constitución.
I have been lucky enough to have been to around 50 countries with many adventures and I rate interacting with the whales close to the top of my list.
IT'S A MUST DO!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 11:31 AM

The one day for each leg of driving plus trying to see and enjoy what is along the way or at the evening stop is just no way enough time.

At the very least, cut out the drive south from Loreto (one T). Have a theme for this trip. Be it whale watching or mission sites or desert photography, it doesn't matter but that way you will have a sense of accomplishment rather than a blur of driving hundreds of miles every day.

What are you driving, can you handle dirt roads (not 4x4 needed, but pickup or van at least)? Most everything is on at least some dirt road.

If you want to keep it to 8 days in Baja, the first and last need to be border crossing and that may be a big deal depending on where. With the drama at Tijuana (the border was closed for 3 hours this morning as things were done if the refugee deal gets worse). I am going to recommend Tecate, at least coming north. You can easily get to it from Hwy. 5 (San Felipe north) or Hwy. 1/ Hwy. 3 (Ensenada north).

Day 2: South to El Rosario (5-6 hrs. drive from the border)
Day 3: Enjoy the drive through Cataviña desert and go to Mission San Borja and camp in José's palapas there. Walking tour of mission and hot springs, ruins in the morning.
Day 4: Bahia de los Angeles. Motels or camping, so many choices. The museum, visit to La Gringa, and so much more.
Day 5: If you want to have a whale experience, then there are either Guerrero Negro (Scammon's Lagoon) or San Ignacio Lagoon whale watch operations.
Day 5 or 6: Go to San Ignacio. The 1728 mission, oasis, etc.
Day 7 Go to Mulegé and/or on to Bahia Concepcion. Just so many options and depending if you are camping or need a room. The 1705 mission at Mulegé to see.
Day 7 or 8 Enjoy the beach at Concepcion Bay.
OR
Day 7 or 8 go to Loreto, see the oldest California mission (1697), museum, shops, etc.

OOPS... you see, if you take a day to play with the whales, you are seriously to far to get to the border in the daytime on Day 9 (8th day in Baja). You should allow 2 days in the winter from Loreto to the border.

There is just SO MUCH BAJA... and SO LITTLE TIME to see it all!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 11:48 AM

It is so difficult to give advice on this itinerary. Most people here like to savor baja.
Asking this question is like going to a culinary board and asking about recipes for well done steak. Its just not going to go over well:biggrin:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 12:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
It is so difficult to give advice on this itinerary. Most people here like to savor baja.
Asking this question is like going to a culinary board and asking about recipes for well done steak. Its just not going to go over well:biggrin:

Bingo.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  

This^ and please listen to others regarding driving after dark. Have a great trip!

Making America Great Again
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 07:25 PM

As others have said, I would cut down on the driving and up the fun free time. There is so much to see and do, you might want to only go down about half way? Enjoy the beaches, checkout the seven sisters area!
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:14 PM

I don't see any time built in for unexpected delays, like flat tires, heavy traffic around San Quintin, construction, or just slow winding hilly roads. Baja is not interstate freeway, the road is narrow and usually no shoulder. You usually get stuck behind slow moving trucks on hills, or slow moving RV caravans, and if you try to hurry, you increase your chances of an accident, which can be very serious. You don't want to end up with a long wait for help, whether mechanical or medical. Tight schedules and goals are what get mountain climbers in trouble, I don't think Baja is much different.

There is no life flight down there, only a long response time for an ambulance and a long ride to a hospital if anything happens.
tassonejoe

[*] posted on 11-23-2018 at 10:45 AM
thx for tips

david thx!

1-how safe is it for us to go solo.....my wife is worried....

2-Should I take my 2003 Frontier truck 2 wheel drive worth $3k or 2014 Tacoma w $23k?

thx for the previous tips....we like to drive...

Itinerary for driving to Los Cabos from San Fran with my 18 y/o daughter....i am in my 50's.....

Day 1 San Rafael to Chula Vista (9-10 hrs)

Day 2: Chula vista to El Rosario on Pacific thru Ensenada and San Quitin (6 hrs) thurs 12/27

Day 3: Enjoy the drive through Cataviña desert and go to Mission San Borja and camp in José's palapas there. Walking tour of mission and hot springs, ruins in the morning. (do i need tent?) (2 hrs)

Day 4: Go to San Ignacio. The 1728 mission, oasis, (5 hrs) 12/29

Day 5: Go to Mulegé The 1705 mission at Mulegé to see. (Stay Coyote Beach 14 miles south) (2hrs)

Day 6 Day Trip to Loreto by Concepcion Bay oldest California mission (1697), museum, shops, etc. (Stay Coyote) (4 hrs) 12/31

7- to Guerrero Negro Pacific (4 hrs) stay Scammon's Lagoon

8- Guerrero Negro whale watch (what time?) need dramamine patch --stay Scammon's Lagoon Jan 2

9-San Felipe on Pacific 7 hrs Jan 3 (30 m of gravel, reconstruction, and washouts

10-7 hours to LA Through Tecate 7 hrs Jan 4 stay LA leave old truck

11-Sat Jan 5th fly lax sfo

[Edited on 11-23-2018 by tassonejoe]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

It will take longer on your #4 to 5 from Loreto to the tip.

Seems like a lot of driving for a vacation. Have you considered going as far as Loreto so you can smell the cactus along the way?

You will get some additional advise which will follow but #1 rule NEVER drive at night. That means you will be up early in the morning and drive, drive, drive. Don't forget you are driving the shortest days of sunlight in the year where it gets dark by 5:30.

A man's only as old as the woman he feels. Groucho Marx

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing
    George Bernard Shaw

tassonejoe

Member Is Online

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 06:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
    Rookie advice needed

It will take longer on your #4 to 5 from Loreto to the tip

more than 6 hours? how many?.

Seems like a lot of driving for a vacation. Have you considered going as far as Loreto so you can smell the cactus along the way?

bucket list....drove cross usa and back.....up 1 to canada and want to do cabo

You will get some additional advise which will follow but #1 rule NEVER drive at night. That means you will be up early in the morning and drive, drive, drive. Don't forget you are driving the shortest days of sunlight in the year where it gets dark by 5:30.

isnt it beautiful? on the road? 9am and 3-6 hr drives usually....

is it safe for just me and my daughter in the daytime only
    JZ
    Ultra Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Sounds beyond miserable. Don't do it.

Cabo is not Baja. It is packaged up tourist trap. You will have blown by every thing of interest to just say you "did it."

If you want to take your daughter on a legit holiday vacation that is manageable, fly into Loreto, rent a jeep, and drive around Baja Sur. Maybe even to Cabo one day (La Paz is better, tho).

Or fly into Cabo and venture out (Cabo to Los Barriles, to La Paz, to Loreto, maybe Conception Bay, etc.)

Seriously, don't rip your kid off on a potential adventure of a life time just to say you did something. See the 1st video in my sig to see what you'll miss. Did it with my 14 and 16 yo's last December.

[Edited on 11-19-2018 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

willardguy
    Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: im good

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Quote: Originally posted by tassonejoe
    It will take longer on your #4 to 5 from Loreto to the tip

more than 6 hours? how many?.

bucket list....drove cross usa and back.....up 1 to canada and want to do cabo

isnt it beautiful? on the road? 9am and 3-6 hr drives usually....

is it safe for just me and my daughter in the daytime only

driving at night isn't a death sentence....although not preferred if you're young, alert, good vision and a game eye helps you'll be be fine, thousands of folks do it everyday, salud:D

CSL is my favorite town in baja...maybe it'll be yours!

[Edited on 11-19-2018 by willardguy]
    mojo_norte
    Senior Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Fly to CSL and rent a car - Santiago - Los Barriles - Todas Santos - etc. CSL on New Years eve could be fun
    mtgoat666
    Select Nomad

Mood: Indivisible, resisting fascists in orange hair!

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Advice needed, please:

Itinerary for driving to Los Cabos from San Fran with my 18 y/o daughter....i am in my 50's.....we have road tripped usa and bussed in ethiopia...i went to past ensenada to san quitin in the 90's

1-To Chula Vista 10 hrs wed 12/26
    2-El Rosario on Pacific thru Ensenada 5-6 hrs thurs
    3-Santa Rosalia on Gulf 7 hrs fri
    4-Loretto on Gulf 3 hrs
    5-Cabo San Lucas on tip 6 hrs
    6-Cabo San Lucas rest day new years eve
    7-Cuidad Constitution 6hrs (Puerto San Carlos on Pacific +1 hr)
    8-Mulage on Gulf 3 hours (from PSC +1hr)
    9-San Felipe on Gulf 9 hours
    10-7 hours to LA Through Tecate
    11-Fly from LAX to SFO 1/5 (leaving truck at sisters)

THX

Figure your drive time by using 50 mph as your average for drive time which includes fuel stops + pee stops. If you are going to do longer stops than those previously mentioned (e.g. to climb a rock or eat lunch at a sit down joint), then add that time to your travel time you calculated using 50 mph.

Do not drive at nite. It is possible to drive at nite, but I shave 20 mph off my speed because the roads are chit (animals, potholes and missing pavement/shoulders hard to see at nite), but I avoid nite driving

Make America Decent Again
    JZ
    Ultra Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Driving at night isn't a big deal. We do it all the time. Big truck and put the high beams on. Slow down a little.

Driving the peninsula without stopping to see the good spots to reach a tourist trap you could fly into is criminal.

mtgoat666
    Select Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Quote: Originally posted by JZ
    Driving at night isn't a big deal. We do it all the time.

Lots of people smoke, but that doesn’t justify smoking.

mtgoat666
    Select Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Driving at night isn't a big deal. We do it all the time. Big truck and put the high beams on.

Big truck ain’t gonna help much in a rollover, head-on or high speed collision with a cow. You will still be flocked up.

JZ
    Ultra Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666

One is guaranteed to f you up. One isn't. Try another analogy, but make it tighter this time.

mtgoat666
    Select Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

One is guaranteed to f you up. One isn't. Try another analogy, but make it tighter this time.

Neither is guaranteed to flock you up. But Both have known risks. You make your own choices. Personally, I encourage YOU to drive at night while smoking.

del mar
    Nomad

Mood: lil' fuzzy

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

if you love driving "on a dark desert highway", WG and I logged thousands of miles in the dark of baja....me on the wheel and him manning the ice chest, if it scares ya don't do it:light: simple as that.
    BajaBlanca
    Select Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

I got tell ya, even locals here who drive at night crash into cows and die. and this is on the road from Abreojos to the highway!

Why would you take the one in a million chance with your daughter in the car? We live here and have lived here for 13 years and no way would I drive at night.

Your trip sounds like too much time in the car. I agree with mojo. Fly down and rent a car if you can! Los Barilles is so beautiful, maybe go snorkeling in Cabo Pulmo, and hang out in CSL.

Have a wonderful trip!

Blanca and Les
    Come visit us

http://www.labocanahotel.com
    View user's profile E-Mail User Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
    mtgoat666
    Select Nomad

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca
    I got tell ya, even locals here who drive at night crash into cows and die. and this is on the road from Abreojos to the highway!

Why would you take the one in a million chance with your daughter in the car? We live here and have lived here for 13 years and no way would I drive at night.

Wise statement.

However, the risk to the daughter is much higher than 1 in 1 million, risk is more like 1 in 1,000

:no:

4x4abc
    Super Nomad

Mood: happy - always

• posted on 11-18-2018 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Advice needed, please:

Itinerary for driving to Los Cabos from San Fran with my 18 y/o daughter....i am in my 50's.....we have road tripped usa and bussed in ethiopia...i went to past ensenada to san quitin in the 90's

4-Loretto on Gulf 3 hrs

THX

looks kinda sound
    a little hasty on the return
    nothing to see or to do in Constitucion or Puerto San Carlos
    I would do Cabo San Lucas - Loreto
    Loreto - Guerrero Negro
    Guerrero Negro - San Felipe

Harald Pietschmann
    View user's profile E-Mail User Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
    bkbend
    Senior Nomad

• posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Advice needed, please:

4-Loretto on Gulf 3 hrs

THX

Day 3 stop in San Ignacio. Unless you really need to be in CSL, consider stopping in La Paz for New Year's Eve. Day 7 go back to Loreto or Mulege, you'll see them both on the way down and figure out which one you want to spend more time in. I like the drive up Mex 5 through San Felipe but I don't think you'll make it in a day from Mulege and it's not a direction I'd go to get back to LA.

I've done the long driving days with my boys on a vacation but we always parked it for several days to recuperate before driving home. Even with that I'd take a side trip or explore something neat for an hour or two each day of driving. I usually struggled to get as far as I thought I could each day, too many neat things to see. See half of it this trip and then you'll need to do another. I have driven at night, but by the time you slow down to avoid hazards it isn't worth the hassle. Stop before dark and leave at first light. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.
    motoged
    Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

• posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

Driving at night isn't a big deal. We do it all the time.

Hey, Goat....roll one,spark it up, and go night driving....see if it mellows your perspective :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
    tassonejoe

Member Is Online

• posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend
    Advice needed, please:

4-Loretto on Gulf 3 hrs

THX

Day 3 stop in San Ignacio. Unless you really need to be in CSL, consider stopping in La Paz for New Year's Eve. Day 7 go back to Loreto or Mulege, you'll see them both on the way down and figure out which one you want to spend more time in. I like the drive up Mex 5 through San Felipe but I don't think you'll make it in a day from Mulege and it's not a direction I'd go to get back to LA.

thx please see updated intinerary...what is in san ignacio?
    bkbend
    Senior Nomad

• posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator

thx please see updated intinerary...what is in san ignacio?

An oasis in the desert. A beautiful mission, a nice square to wander around in, a river/lake to relax at. It's peaceful, Santa Rosalia is a busy indusrtial town. There are some interesting things to see there but I wouldn't consider it a relaxing overnight stop on a long road trip.

The revised itinerary looks better. If you are on schedule and can get to Santa Rosalia headed south you have wiggle room to spend an hour in San Ignacio between Mulege and Guerrero Negro on the return trip. Just so you are aware, there is about 30 miles of gravel on the road to San Felipe, some rough, scattered between new construction, reconstruction, and washouts. Might make that a seven hour leg.
    Pages: 1 2

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
    The one day for each leg of driving plus trying to see and enjoy what is along the way or at the evening stop is just no way enough time.

At the very least, cut out the drive south from Loreto (one T). Have a theme for this trip. Be it whale watching or mission sites or desert photography, it doesn't matter but that way you will have a sense of accomplishment rather than a blur of driving hundreds of miles every day.

What are you driving, can you handle dirt roads (not 4x4 needed, but pickup or van at least)? Most everything is on at least some dirt road.

If you want to keep it to 8 days in Baja, the first and last need to be border crossing and that may be a big deal depending on where. With the drama at Tijuana (the border was closed for 3 hours this morning as things were done if the refugee deal gets worse). I am going to recommend Tecate, at least coming north. You can easily get to it from Hwy. 5 (San Felipe north) or Hwy. 1/ Hwy. 3 (Ensenada north).

Day 2: South to El Rosario (5-6 hrs. drive from the border)
    Day 3: Enjoy the drive through Cataviña desert and go to Mission San Borja and camp in José's palapas there. Walking tour of mission and hot springs, ruins in the morning.
    Day 4: Bahia de los Angeles. Motels or camping, so many choices. The museum, visit to La Gringa, and so much more.
    Day 5: If you want to have a whale experience, then there are either Guerrero Negro (Scammon's Lagoon) or San Ignacio Lagoon whale watch operations.
    Day 5 or 6: Go to San Ignacio. The 1728 mission, oasis, etc.
    Day 7 Go to Mulegé and/or on to Bahia Concepcion. Just so many options and depending if you are camping or need a room. The 1705 mission at Mulegé to see.
    Day 7 or 8 Enjoy the beach at Concepcion Bay.
    OR
    Day 7 or 8 go to Loreto, see the oldest California mission (1697), museum, shops, etc.

OOPS... you see, if you take a day to play with the whales, you are seriously to far to get to the border in the daytime on Day 9 (8th day in Baja). You should allow 2 days in the winter from Loreto to the border.

There is just SO MUCH BAJA... and SO LITTLE TIME to see it all!
    MMc
    Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 11-23-2018 at 11:01 AM

tassonejoe, this is your trip do what you want, the advice is good but nobody here knows you and what you like. I have driven Loreto to San Diego in a day, long day but it's done all the time. Saying this is just to let you know it can be done, not saying to do it. the drive to Cabo is 20 to 24 hours, you break it up as you want.
    I like your plans.
    You'll have a great time and hopefully you will want to return.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

tobias
    Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2018 at 11:40 AM

Take your new truck , not the old one. You are going to be pushing it pretty hard and looks like you wont slow down long enough for anyone to steal it anyway:biggrin:
    ehall
    Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 11-23-2018 at 12:11 PM

Take the 4x4 and just have fun. Forget the schedule if you can. Lots of time consuming side trips to adventure on.
    JZ
    Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2018 at 12:48 PM

I'm just glad you aren't my dad. That poor kid.

Lee
    Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2018 at 07:16 PM

Personally, I love Cabo but then I love Guerrero Negro and TJ.

Cabo is friendly people, great weather and the best food. It's not for everyone. If you're in Cabo, you have to visit San Jose.

The itinerary posted is way way way too much in too short a time.

Hgwy 1 is an unforgiving road. I suggest taking your time whatever you do.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
    F*ck it.
    advrider
    Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2018 at 08:49 AM

Hope you post a trip report of what you ended up doing, what you liked and didn't. What worked for you and maybe what you would do different next time. Anytime in Baja is a good time.
    weebray
    Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 11-24-2018 at 09:59 AM

My very first visit to Baja California was a two week adventure to nowhere. I had no plan and stuck to it. The first couple of days were spent in a sort of crazed stupor shaking off the devils of "freeway CA". I had no help or prior expectations. The first day I watched a VW in front of me swerve violently to the left to avoid one of the most decreped pick ups I had ever seen going about 10 mph. LA bay? I had never heard of it so I took the road. About 5 mi. in (still at freeway speed) I passed a curious site - a man with a long pole with a red rag on it waving it in the air. That's pretty random methinks. Over the crest and hard on the brakes to avoid a truck parked in my lane WITH HIS TRANSMISSION on the ground on the road. Holy Jesus this Mexico driving is really something. Spent a few days in LA bay, met some mellow people. They showed me how to dig clams and took me fishing in their little skif (named "half pint") After an incredible day fishing we were racing, at about 3 mph, back to shore we ran over something, took the motor clean off. The horror turned out to be one of the funniest adventures in my life. We spent a few days of "mellowization" including great meals on the beach and ballenas, my first introduction. Later, proceeding at a more proper gate, we stopped along the way and explored the land as well at the little tiendas and people. We found a sweet spot on the beach in Conception bay, more friends, more fish, more ballenas. It turned in to the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation we had ever spent. Time flew by and we were late returning necessitating driving at night. We quickly learned you can drive at night and 1) The cool breeze is super and 2) You can see the traffic coming from a long way. But, you need to slow down to avoid outdriving your headlights and eschew the ballena between the legs. Later - I live here.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
    woody with a view
    PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-24-2018 at 10:11 AM

Cross border at 4am. You’ll be leaving Ensenada as the sun comes up Don’t be afraid of the toll road at night. Gas up in El Rosario and make it to BdeLA/San Borja with plenty of daylight to spare. From there you’re on your own.

[Edited on 11-24-2018 by woody with a view]

David K
    Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2018 at 10:21 AM

Cool story, weebray.
    For the OP, we should let him know that a 'ballena' (bah-yea-nah) is the word for whale and is the name for a large bottle of Mexican beer, typically a Pacifico. If I am not mistaken, the large bottle of Corona beer is called a Caguama (turtle). I like Pacifico.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
    Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
    Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

norte
    Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2018 at 10:17 AM

Caguama = Tecate.
    David K
    Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2018 at 10:29 AM

Thank you norte... does the Corona Large have a different name, too?

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.