Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6  
Author: Subject: San Ysidro crossing closed
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 08:11 PM

David K - since the San Ysidro POE is reopened, shouldn't the OP be directed change the name of the thread?

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-29-2018 at 05:55 AM

So, I, think, I, figured, out , what, leads, to, having, posts, deleted, by, doogie, its, the, over, use, of, comas! Unless, you, are, JJJ. :biggrin:
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.
Plus, doogie, deleted, the, quote, in, my signature, line.

Funny place......

I like beer, better than most people.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-29-2018 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
David K - since the San Ysidro POE is reopened, shouldn't the OP be directed change the name of the thread?

You should ask the OP.
It is after the fact now, is it not?
Your 'Baja 1000 canceled' post was still unchanged well BEFORE the race was run. Since you are an off-roader, I thought you would want the correction made to let folks know it wasn't canceled, after all.
Anyway, it is now after the fact, so the time stamp fixes it to the past.

I am hoping for great success in your next off-road tour using Neal John's road to the white tank on the Pole Line Road!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2018 at 01:17 PM

Stealthy edit, jjj.

[Edited on 11-29-2018 by DouglasP]

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-29-2018 at 01:38 PM

I erased my previous messages written today, to get back on topic.

I agree with Anne Hathaway.

Re-posted on "Fox News" and "Breitbart," because they are outraged over a Hollywood's stars words.
----

Anne Hathaway wrote: "My country gassed children. There are no words for my horror. To those who will immediately speak of “doing it the right way”, who will “blame the parents for putting the children in this position”, or say “they were storming the wall”, and “they were throwing rocks”: the only human response to this monstrous use of force against LEGAL asylum seekers- against children- is condemnation, shame, and rage.

For those that still believe in voting for the man who recommended using lethal force on families fleeing violence and persecution: this is the policy you like? @nytimes"

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2018 at 01:52 PM

images.jpg - 6kB

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2018 at 04:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
"How about a program that enables those willing to sponsor an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs."

I sought out a way to do this in 2006. We have sponsored a family since 1997 in Guatemala. Wife and I met the father in the jungle around Peten back then. Never faltered at meeting their basic needs financially to stay where they are.

Just published a book about how I lost my construction job to illegal immigrants in the 70's and my struggle to lose the animosity over that. Titled "Through The Eyes Of Juan" (the father in Peten).

It is now available at my website 'Shadowspath.net' and every penny from those sales will help support this family in Guatemala as my wife and I retire.

It's an easy read with pictures...perfectly suitable for a rainy day and a margarita! :D

Hello, the caravan and migrants, is about asylum, and the extreme dangers and lack of opportunity in their home countries that the United States, helped make worse by many ways.

This is not to say that the majority of migrants will get asylum, as each case is looked at individually, however, with this racist Trump administration, the chances of being granted asylum in the US is very very slim.

If you want to talk about regular immigration laws into the US, where the odds are stacked against Hispanic immigrants, again with this racist administration that wants to favor English speaking immigrants, ( white immigrants) that's another subject.

Please stop with ridiculous programs about sponsoring an immigrant and guaranteeing their support.

How is that going to work on a large scale seeing that most people do things for their own personal interest only. How is that going to work if you don't know anybody in the US to sponsor you?

Who wrote the book, " Through The Eyes Of Juan?" I don't even see it on Amazon.

It must not be a very good book, and in the 70's, undocumented Mexican workers was not a big problem, so if anybody is blaming undocumented Mexican workers for their lack of work in the 70's, is a loser, and he is engaged is scapegoating Mexicans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-patrol-arrests-ms-13-22383...

Making America Great Again
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 09:58 AM

Ah jeez......did he get out again? Be warned, he will drown you in commas and BS.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 01:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by greengoes  
Ah jeez......did he get out again? Be warned, he will drown you in commas and BS.

I'm surprised that Greengoes, has taken the time off to comment here, when he has been so busy at that other site, nobody here likes to talk about.

I'm happy to see that other site finally getting busy, since it's non stop bashing on the Caravan migrants, and their new Christian Conservative, is sure bringing in the masses.

Careful, Greengoes, you may soon be out of a job.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 06:39 PM

I have heard on TJ radio that the caravans were funded for last few months by trump/gop/Russians as a ploy to drum up voter enthusiasm in the bigoted/white nationalist gop base. The trumpistas/Russians tried to spin the story that soros was the source of funds, but it is now being verified by caravaners that its was funds from gop/Russians.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 07:36 PM

My...dad...used...to...use...a...lot...of..."..."...in...his...correspondence...

John...
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 10:45 AM

All those Govt. people that are referred to above during a "govt. shutdown" will be paid and will work, as they are "essential" to the function of the Govt. during an emergency, and law enforcement in general. As a Fed. LE employee for 30 years, I was NEVER "shut down" or not paid.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 10:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Why doesn't Trump live up to his campaign promise and make Mexico pay for the wall?

If Mexico did pay for the wall...would this put you on the side of "build it"?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 10:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
All those Govt. people that are referred to above during a "govt. shutdown" will be paid and will work, as they are "essential" to the function of the Govt. during an emergency, and law enforcement in general. As a Fed. LE employee for 30 years, I was NEVER "shut down" or not paid.

Only essential peeps report to work during shutdown on Dec 7. I suspect the orange one may decree that officers in immigration booths at border xings are non-essential,... the orange one wants to cause chaos and Econ pain and disruption to get his way (adult temper tantrum get his wall toy).

Dec 7, a day that will live in infamy, part deux

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 12:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Only essential peeps report to work during shutdown on Dec 7. I suspect the orange one may decree that officers in immigration booths at border xings are non-essential,... the orange one wants to cause chaos and Econ pain and disruption to get his way (adult temper tantrum get his wall toy).

Dec 7, a day that will live in infamy, part deux

Whatever works, Goat, whatever works! That's how pragmatists operate when it's the only way that gets good things done.

[Edited on 12-1-2018 by Barry A.]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 12:34 PM

Hey goat, what kind of reaction would we receive if we called the last president, "the black one"? Just who is the racist when it comes to skin color? Respect the office and vote instead of b-tch so much.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 01:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hey goat, what kind of reaction would we receive if we called the last president, "the black one"? Just who is the racist when it comes to skin color? Respect the office and vote instead of b-tch so much.

When an ogre wears orange makeup and uses orange hair dye, all comments are fair and appropriate :light:

Woke!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 01:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

When an ogre wears orange makeup and uses orange hair dye, all comments are fair and appropriate :light:

This from the Goat who says "make America decent again".

Righttttttt!

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 03:23 PM

Once again Barry, on Dec 7, the funding for the Department of Homeland Security runs out. It doesn't mean the border patrol, won't be working, it means they won't get paid. This probably also means there will be less border agents out there.

Now when the budget is passed they will get back pay, or perhaps a Gov shutdown can be avoided, if Trump, realizes he won't get all the funding he wants for the stupid wall. Perhaps, something else will come up to fund the department.

Now please stop with your so-called resume, it's irrelevant, and we talked about this in the OT before.

Funding for the Department of Homeland Security and a handful of other agencies runs out Dec. 7, and a partial shutdown would go into effect unless Congress and Trump act before then. Trump wants the new money for a wall to be packaged as part of these spending bills.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/senate-repub...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

If Mexico did pay for the wall...would this put you on the side of "build it"?

No, because most of the undocumented Mexicans workers, do not sneak pass the wall. They overstay their Visas, or they are already in the USA.

Now if you want pass a law that would arrest and convict people who hired undocumented Mexican workers. I would like to see that, but that would mean jailing a lot of corporate CEO, management, small business owners, and family households.

So that would mean jailing a lot of white Americans.

Would you be for that DaliDali?

Why make it that only the actions of the undocumented workers are criminalized?

When Trump, talks about the wall, it's largely symbolic to his base, like waving around a Confederate flag.

Trump, even admitted to the President of Mexico, when he said, "This border wall is the least important topic.

If so, then why close down the government?

Pages:  1  ..  4    6  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.