BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: El Litro RV Park in Todos Santos
jgoldy

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 10:47 AM
El Litro RV Park in Todos Santos

Does anyone know if El Litro RV Park in Todos Santos is still in business? The only references I can find to it online are ten years old or so.... and the only contact I can find is a fax number!
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 11:06 AM

If you look on http://www.ioverlander.com they say it is open. Since camping sites here in Baja (and Mexico) are steadily declining due to development, I found this site to be the most accurate as it is used by people worldwide when traveling in Mexico.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 11:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jgoldy  
Does anyone know if El Litro RV Park in Todos Santos is still in business? The only references I can find to it online are ten years old or so.... and the only contact I can find is a fax number!

It is listed in 'Camping Mexico's Baja' by Mike and Terri Church 2017 6th edition.

They (El Litro) have a Facebook page, but there is almost nothing on it: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trailer-Park-El-Litro/6430421...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 02:08 PM

A couple months ago, I stopped in to assess for tent camping. Was not impressed -- but appeared to be "open" - nobody around.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 03:37 PM

It is open year round
Its not for everyone , it does not give the best first impression but there are some very nice people there and its absolutely safe.
The neighborhood can be very noisy with live bands on the weekends and barking dogs that really act up around the full moon.
I sleep like a baby there.
Its 200 pesos for hookup sites and 100p for dry camping.
The hookup sites are mostly full timers and the dry is mostly vanlife types.
I have to say I really enjoy myself there.
bajamary1952
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 03:43 PM

There's another place Baja Serena you might check. Rates are for trailers & they do allow camping.
jgoldy

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 07:16 PM

THanks for the update, all!

Tobias - is there wifi?

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
It is open year round
Its not for everyone , it does not give the best first impression but there are some very nice people there and its absolutely safe.
The neighborhood can be very noisy with live bands on the weekends and barking dogs that really act up around the full moon.
I sleep like a baby there.
Its 200 pesos for hookup sites and 100p for dry camping.
The hookup sites are mostly full timers and the dry is mostly vanlife types.
I have to say I really enjoy myself there.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2018 at 08:07 PM

Technically no.
I stay there enough that I have made friends with some of the full timers and they let me on theirs.
Even so I usually do most of my interneting at La Esquina across town( way too hip coffee shop) or this little over priced organic market/juice bar nearby. There is also a little dive bar called "Shut up Frank's" within walking distance that has pretty strong wifi.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:32 AM

I have friends who live full time there. Tobias gave an accurate description. Canadians love it. A bit overcrowded and people are now leasing spaces full time to assure their space. Ever met Frank, Tobias? Careful how you describe his Watering Hole...Internet, yes and good people. Very limited dry camping anymore,
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:58 AM

Sorry , did not mean to disparage Franks. Dive bar is not nearly the pejorative term in my crowd as it is in others. Its a nice little place with decent prices. And they have meatloaf night!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 09:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
.... Canadians love it. ....

Is that reference like a Michelin rating....or another dig at Canadians?

Just wondering....:?:

Don't believe everything you think....
jgoldy

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  
Dive bar is not nearly the pejorative term in my crowd as it is in others.

Seconded. Dive bar implies straightforward good times, simple drinks, and lively conversation, unencumbered by desperate attempts to create phony atmosphere through interior decoration and/or trendy c-cktail lists, a history you can read on the walls in every old framed photo, grimy out-of-date business card shoved into a crevasse, glitching neon bar sign, and stained wood panel. Yay for dive bars!

Seriously if I walk into a another bar with fake reclaimed wood, edison bulbs, and a c-cktail list with every drink 12 dollars, I'm gonna puke.:tumble:

(apparently c-cktail is a no-no word)

[Edited on 12-2-2018 by jgoldy]

[Edited on 12-2-2018 by BajaNomad]
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:40 PM
Eh??

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
.... Canadians love it. ....

Is that reference like a Michelin rating....or another dig at Canadians?

Just wondering....:?:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 10:02 PM

:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.