Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Americans canceling visits to Baja
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 02:28 PM
Americans canceling visits to Baja

Link: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/tourism/sd-fi-...

IMG_20181201_132740.jpg - 116kB

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 06:46 PM

My family went to Valle de Guadalupe for Thanksgiving and had no problems returning but I can totally understand someone not that familiar with Mexico being hesitant to come.

My TJ dentist posted a pic of the federales surrounding the migrants that are near his office which is close to the border. What a zoo!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:17 PM

migrants should stay home - I mean the US migrants wanting to come to Baja

Harald Pietschmann
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:17 PM

we have had some cancellations of reservations as folks are afraid to risk something happening at the border....dang it.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 07:32 PM

I am one of the most seasoned and traveled members of this board.
But in a couple weeks I have a board meeting to conduct for Rancho de los Ninos in Porvenir and we are moving the meeting to another orphanage in TJ so some of us can walk across, attend the meeting, catch a taxi and walk back.
Sad. Normally we would go down for a couple days, stay at Las Rosas, have some great meals and enjoy.
But, I have too many urgencies back on this side to get stranded otro lado for any extended period, so we shall walk and miss having our usual good times.
Bummer!!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

:D

Don't believe everything you think....
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 08:30 PM

Great article, thanks.
And all who want to migrate (north or south) must understand it is a privilege, not a right.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 12-1-2018 at 09:51 PM
At issue is "permanent" border closure

President Trump plans to "permanently" close the border if Mexico does not deport 7,000 Central American Asylum seekers. Some of the Asylum seekers are currently on a hunger strike.

Link:
https://reut.rs/2FJoTyg?fbclid=IwAR07vJL-yB9ZNh6uPU-yO5qNfAi...

[Edited on 12-2-2018 by Ken Cooke]

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 12:24 AM
border is open

Today at San Ysidro west poe.
CBP had 2 men stationed on the roof.
One had what looked like a space age paint ball gun,
the other, a machine gun and some other Buck Rogers looking weapon.

In other words,

They have non lethal weapons as their primary defence. They also seem more heavily armed than before. Never saw Guys with full body armor riding quads around the Mall of the Americas before. The Red Cross or someone has little atv desert camo medical vehicles rolling around.

Street of broken dreams,
I was stopped by Tj police as I strolled through Zona Norte, (street of broken dreams). They wanted to see what was in my pockets. The pasanger said Quince dollars when I pulled 300 pesos out of my pocket, the driver let off the brake, not enough to get out of the truck for.

Apparently the migrants stay in their camp, ¿ Dont see any Hondurans walking around. Tj mayaor says the $30,000 a day migrant money is all spent. The overflowing out houses + the flood of ankel deep water from the rains the other day, no bueno!

Is it true that 350,000 people a year get deported to Tijuana each year?
so 5 or 7 thousand is a 1 week supply of new folks with no money in their pocket¿ Nada nuevo¿

The girl from Pachuga Hidalgo Is trying to get me to say tejuana not
te ahh juana, the bandidos co placas are still bandidos con placas, Calimax still sells donas for 7 or 8 pesos, the lavamatica went up to 35 pesos, I got 500 pesos and 8 cents for $25 in San Ysidro, Rosa turned 50 and had a birthday party,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrO4f96T1o
life goes on

"If it were lush and rich, one could understand the pull, but it is fierce and hostile and sullen. The stone mountains pile up to the sky and there is little fresh water. But we know we must go back if we live, and we don't know why." - Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

[Edited on 12-2-2018 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 07:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 07:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
I am one of the most seasoned and traveled members of this board.
But in a couple weeks I have a board meeting to conduct for Rancho de los Ninos in Porvenir and we are moving the meeting to another orphanage in TJ so some of us can walk across, attend the meeting, catch a taxi and walk back.
Sad. Normally we would go down for a couple days, stay at Las Rosas, have some great meals and enjoy.
But, I have too many urgencies back on this side to get stranded otro lado for any extended period, so we shall walk and miss having our usual good times.
Bummer!!

thanks! so good of you to share your so very "seasoned and traveled" observations with the rest of us more provincial types!
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Great article, thanks.
And all who want to migrate (north or south) must understand it is a privilege, not a right.

This is a joke, right? This is precisely the biggest problem facing the world today. Isolation on even the most basic level, human interpersonal relationships, is dying as we shrink into our own "phone" world. We should be working toward open borders on all levels. Imagine!

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2018 at 11:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Great article, thanks.

This is a joke, right? This is precisely the biggest problem facing the world today. Isolation on even the most basic level, human interpersonal relationships, is dying as we shrink into our own "phone" world. We should be working toward open borders on all levels. Imagine!

spot-on! i could not agree more

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.