Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: "Two Thirds of all non-US citizens are on welfare"
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 03:38 PM
"Two Thirds of all non-US citizens are on welfare"

Thus says the Center for Immigration Studies in a report today.
Using recent Census stats they say that 35% of citizens are on public assistance.

So, leaving out all of the emotion and rhetoric the question is pretty simple.
Who will support those massed at the border if we let them in?
And the answer is pretty obvious, as noted above.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 03:47 PM

Better check your source.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center-for-immigration-studie...

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 03:53 PM

Yeah, I checked it.
In fact I also looked at your source before posting
Maybe your source is not so right on either!!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 03:57 PM

The study says 63% of non-citizens are on welfare, and 35% of native US citizens are on welfare.
That is 4.6 million households on welfare, in allegedly the greatest country in the world.
And yes,how many illegals can US productive working members be expected to support while presently unable to support legal US citizens needs as well as their own?
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:21 PM

Funny how everyone seems to have their own set of facts! I had a friend a while back that worked in social services. She said the illegals in our area would never ask for assistance for fear of being sent back. She also said that many had fake SSNs that they paid into year after year with no hope of ever getting anything in return. They also never filed taxes so they never got tax refunds if there had been too much withheld.
I do know that my little town has plenty of ranch type work that just does not seem to get done now since most of our mexicans have left.
Where are all the young people to take these jobs now that there are so many vacancies? The average wage for these guys was 15 bucks an hour last time I checked and that was years ago.
Try getting a young person today to work with a shovel for a week or two . Aint gonna happen. I personally know senior citizens that are mucking their own barns because they cant hire anyone for love or money to do it. They enjoy the work but they get tired and they cant do it forever. They used to have men happy to live on the ranch in an old trailer and get 15 dollars an hour and access to a truck. I do think it would be better to have young people do that work to build character and save money for college but they simply are not interested.
What is the answer for this situation? (genuine question not being sarcastic)

Maybe things are different in other parts of the country.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:29 PM

What does this have to do with Baja????

I hear the whales song
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:31 PM

Home Depot has people gathered around looking for work.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:31 PM
Only 8000 reasons (or is it 10,000)??

Quote: Originally posted by bajagrouper  
What does this have to do with Baja????

Obviously you do not watch news, read papers or know that right now there are a lot of folks massed in......yes, wait for it......BAJA

Trying to get across and quickly get "enrolled into our US system"
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:38 PM

How funny, somebody posts pure BS from a known hate site.

Generally, undocumented citizens, are not eligible for welfare benefits, but really it depends on the circumstances for example, lawful permanent resident who worked may be entitled to some benefits.

Here is some information on CIS, which in the last years tried to become more mainstream, but really it's the same racist ilk if you ask me.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) published reports in 2002[42] and 2009[43] on John Tanton, who helped found CIS. Tanton is a retired Michigan ophthalmologist who opposed immigration on racial grounds, desired a white ethnic majority in the United States and advocated for eugenics.[44][8][45]

The SPLC's 2009 report charged:[43]

FAIR, CIS and NumbersUSA are all part of a network of restrictionist organizations conceived and created by John Tanton, the "puppeteer" of the nativist movement and a man with deep racist roots ... CIS was conceived by Tanton and began life as a program of FAIR. CIS presents itself as a scholarly think tank that produces serious immigration studies meant to serve "the broad national interest." But the reality is that CIS has never found any aspect of immigration that it liked, and it has frequently manipulated data to achieve the results it seeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  

Where are all the young people to take these jobs now that there are so many vacancies?
Try getting a young person today to work with a shovel for a week or two
What is the answer for this situation? (genuine question not being sarcastic)

Here in So. Orange Co., these kids go get some worthless
Ca. State College degree, just to get them out of the house
for 4 yrs., then the parents add a bedroom
on the house to keep junior from having to do such work.
Have known a few illegals without papers, I respect everyone of
them, integrity, hard workers

imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Who will support those massed at the border if we let them in?

My bet is that the majority of them will be productive and get jobs and support themselves, if they are allowed to assimilate. My experience is that most Hispanics want to be productive, and will outwork most Norte Americanos and will keep jobs that most US citizens wouldn't even consider. Who's going to pick your strawberries? -I'm guessing not anyone from your family.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 05:41 PM

Can't personally speak for the Central American people as a whole, but anyone who says Mexicans are lazy and don't want to work I say has never met a Mexican. And judging by the help I've gotten from Home Depot from time to time, and by the way, you won't find Mexican one there at least not in Nor Cal, they are all Central Americans and they have all worked their butts off for me. Can't really see them being much different than the Mexican people.

I'm not saying open borders but the imagined crisis of anyone who comes here is going straight in the system for free stuff make my head spin.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 06:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DanO  
Better check your source.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/center-for-immigration-studie...

and while he is at it, take a minute to google up eugenics, to make sure you understand where this crap is coming from!
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 07:44 PM

You are all wet Runner, most all the responses are spot on in my experience, sounds like you are a victim of "fake news".

The US would shut down overnight without immigrants. All immigrants, documented or not are some of the hardest working members of society and built the country, like my grandparents. Most all just want a chance to work and are way to principled to ask for assistance.

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 08:08 PM

Can undocumented immigrants receive welfare? NO!

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants (green card holders) cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

But there are narrow exceptions.

Pregnant women and nursing mothers could be eligible for certain benefits under the Women-Infants-Children (WIC) program, which provides food and nutrition vouchers to low-income families, if they have a child that was born in the U.S.

Harald Pietschmann
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 08:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants (green card holders) cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

Pregnant women and nursing mothers could be eligible for certain benefits under the Women-Infants-Children (WIC) program, which provides food and nutrition vouchers to low-income families, if they have a child that was born in the U.S.

It is amazing to me how many people don't know this!

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by BajaMama]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 09:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  

It is amazing to me how many people don't know this!

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by BajaMama]

This what is supposed to happen.....
Have you heard of diploma mills?
There exists entire niche industries that will roll out any and all manner of a fake ID for a price. Fake ID mills.....in any inner city street corner behind the curtain.

From a US Passport, to a SS card, to a drivers license for your the state of residence.
Some states even issue a drivers license to illegal migrants for the asking.....and with that drivers license, it gets one automatically registered to vote......with only the signature on the form "Yes I am a US citizen and eligible to vote"
Motor voter law is was coined.

With these fake ID's any and all manners of public benefits can be had.
Not only fake ID's of every kind, but the theft of a now dead persons identity.....bingo.....

Fake ID's are rampant.......stealing another persons ID is rampant......entire industries come up with programs to thwart some of it and is a hot commodity for millions to seek out protection.

To say that "some" illegal aliens are collecting public benefits not normally available to get........are.

I don't know if there is a way to accurately track the actual numbers or not, but it's clear, it does and will happen.

I also don't know if the numbers are something to be over concerned about, are there or not.......but to blanket say illegal aliens do not get public benefits is just plain mistaken

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 09:56 PM

yes, I know about diploma mills
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diploma_mills_in_the_United_St...

just keep the lies and rumors coming.
There always some who love to gobble them up

Harald Pietschmann
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 10:04 PM

yes, I know about diploma mills
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diploma_mills_in_the_United_St...

just keep the lies and rumors coming.
There always some who love to gobble them up

Do some illegal aliens us a fake ID or not?

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2018 at 10:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

This what is supposed to happen.....
Have you heard of diploma mills?
There exists entire niche industries that will roll out any and all manner of a fake ID for a price. Fake ID mills.....in any inner city street corner behind the curtain.

From a US Passport, to a SS card, to a drivers license for your the state of residence.
Some states even issue a drivers license to illegal migrants for the asking.....and with that drivers license, it gets one automatically registered to vote......with only the signature on the form "Yes I am a US citizen and eligible to vote"
Motor voter law is was coined.

With these fake ID's any and all manners of public benefits can be had.
Not only fake ID's of every kind, but the theft of a now dead persons identity.....bingo.....

Fake ID's are rampant.......stealing another persons ID is rampant......entire industries come up with programs to thwart some of it and is a hot commodity for millions to seek out protection.

To say that "some" illegal aliens are collecting public benefits not normally available to get........are.

I don't know if there is a way to accurately track the actual numbers or not, but it's clear, it does and will happen.

I also don't know if the numbers are something to be over concerned about, are there or not.......but to blanket say illegal aliens do not get public benefits is just plain mistaken

DaliDali, do you have any evidence that undocumented aliens in large numbers are getting fake IDs, like passports, and drivers licences, and then using those documents to collect welfare?

Oh wait, if you read the "Center for Immigration Studies," they will make up BS study and agree with you DaliDali.

Do you have any evidence that the approximate 11 million illegal aliens living in the USA have not used a fake ID to obtain benefits.

Or are you trained to say absolutely not?

https://nypost.com/2017/08/03/dmv-workers-made-fake-ids-for-...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article15...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/illegal-immi...

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/06/q_a_how_il...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/09/03/146-illegal-al...

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/letters/2017/02/13/i...

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/man-accused-of-running-fake-...

http://wbckfm.com/kalamazoo-illegal-id-plea/

Imagine that Joe....not one link to CIS

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by DaliDali]

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by DaliDali]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.