Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: MMJ in San Felipe?
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 06:08 PM

Play it safe. Take your trip somewhere else, where you can be sure of 1. the law and 2. your rights. I've lived abroad (mostly in Asia, Africa and Middle East) for last 30 years and as much as I might enjoy a doobie - I never have outside my home country (USA). Because I just don't know how things might turn out. Tell your friend you refuse to travel with him/her to a country where MJ is illegal. Especially in your car.

Geez, get real. If you have to ask on a forum what's legal... How much do you value your personal liberty?

You've heard from numerous people here. How much more do you want? Would you prefer face down on the ground with your hands cuffed behind your back before you make a decision?

[Edited on 12-9-2018 by TedZark]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 07:51 PM

Responses with laughable ignorance. FYI. I’ve been stopped at the SI checkpoint and searched for pot that couldn’t be found. They weren’t happy after giving up. IF I wanted to get something down, it would be no problem at all. I am too paranoid to travel with anything but know many who have no problem. Oil has no smell from one source. Vape pens do not smell at all. For the large number bringing down personal stuff, it’s a non-issue. Sometimes it’s called hiding in plain sight.

Ignore those here with zero experience and think CBD belongs in Schedule I narcotics category. When MX goes legal for gringoes, these doofuses will still be fear mongering.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 08:44 PM

Yep, inexperienced amateurs.....:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
Perceburzr
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 10:04 PM

Hey Wolfy, Just go ahead and bring down a pound or two, I am sure you will have no problem at all :tumble::spingrin:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 10:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wolfpack  
Was this in TJ or Rocky Point?
I had a friend who on her 21st birthday had a very similar experience in Rocky Point. She arranged to buy it from bartender who sent a person to her hotel room. After buying the MJ my friend was smoking a cigarette on her balcony and “police” were pounding on the door. When she didn’t open it the hotel staff opened it for them.
This was a group of 3 - 21 year old girls that seemed to be set up by the bartender. So when people have advised to purchase it in Mexico I’m not going to take that route.
Also as a disclaimer (I’m sure this doesn’t matter either way if arrested) I’m not trying to smuggle a large amount - this is <5 grams for personal use of THC oil to be consumed via vaping over the course of a month long trip. My spouse was in a bad auto accident requiring eye surgery when the airbag deployed to remove his cornea and has some visual/neuro issues that cause pain with different lighting situations.

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
`
is it possible to purchase there in San Felipe?

Any personal experiences with this?

This experience is not "personal", and not very recent, but my co-worker in Anchorage spent thousands getting his son out of a Mexican jail (not San Felipe)!

The son arranged to purchase pot from a street dealer, who brought it to his hotel room. Upon leaving the hotel, he was arrested on the street, and after a discussion they went to a bank instead of jail.

After maxing out his available funds, he was sent on his way, and the cop even gave him back the pot. Cop number two arrested him right away and since he no longer had any funds to tap into, the second arrest involved jail, a judge, a lawyer. and a whole lot of hassle!

Sounds like you want someone to give you the answer you want. I am sure someone will give you the answer you want, if you keep asking. Personally, I think it’s pretty stupid to be a gringo possessing pot in Mexico. Cops catch you with dope and you are now their cash machine - they will flock with you because they know you got money but no clout.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

wolfpack

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 12:28 AM

Right - I think you misunderstood - :?:I was more curious about personal experiences with the recent legal changes to decriminalize marijuana in Mexico.
I’m aware of what’s legal and isn’t - I know better than to soley use a forum as my source, but am seeking as much info as possible. It doesn’t sound like you have a personal experience with this topic, so while being condescending and judgy may validate your own feelings it doesn’t really contribute to the topic in a useful or productive manner.

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  
Play it safe. Take your trip somewhere else, where you can be sure of 1. the law and 2. your rights. I've lived abroad (mostly in Asia, Africa and Middle East) for last 30 years and as much as I might enjoy a doobie - I never have outside my home country (USA). Because I just don't know how things might turn out. Tell your friend you refuse to travel with him/her to a country where MJ is illegal. Especially in your car.

Geez, get real. If you have to ask on a forum what's legal... How much do you value your personal liberty?

You've heard from numerous people here. How much more do you want? Would you prefer face down on the ground with your hands cuffed behind your back before you make a decision?

[Edited on 12-9-2018 by TedZark]

find what you love and let it kill you
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 10:36 AM

So... it looks like 5 grams or less is legal on the mainland but baja may be different. May be more strict.
The Mex supreme court ruled it unconstutional for it to be illegal.
Ofcourse the internet is full of conflicting information.
My personal experience is that I am usually asked if I want some if I stand around too long in one spot when I am in Ensenada.
Usually in the vicinity of Anthony's.

[Edited on 12-12-2018 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 11:30 AM

Obfuscation is the fall back approach if you are a product of the 60's.

"Its better to have some stash, than all cash" - said Fritz the Cat

Don't hit the U.S. border with any though.

Es Todo Bueno
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

"
Pot gets you through times of no money, better than money gets you through times of no pot." Freak Brothers

John
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 11:43 AM

The flipside of my research on this is that the Mexican marijuana farmers and tourism lobby is pushing for full recreational legalizing.
Seems the farmers can't compete with Westcoast weed so are going out of biz.
And the tourism boss wants to go destination weed for Baja.
So interesting times forsure...
Funny the Cabo bars don't want it because they think it will cut down on booze consumption...

[Edited on 12-13-2018 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 11:44 AM

"Don't Bogart that joint my friend..."

HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 01:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
So... it looks like 5 grams or less is legal on the mainland but baja may be different. May be more strict.
The Mex supreme court ruled it unconstutional for it to be illegal.

I don't think I would want to have a debate with a Mexican cop about my rights under the Mexican Constitution.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 06:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

"
Pot gets you through times of no money, better than money gets you through times of no pot." Freak Brothers

John

A friend in weed is a friend indeed.

MX has used medicinal cannabis for a long time. Behind the curve, they will never catch up to the laboratories in California and Colorado.

BTW California prices for bud are double the prices in Colorado. Check out Santa Cruz Veterans Alliance. Brothers helping Brothers.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 08:53 AM

A friend in weed is a friend indeed.

MX has used medicinal cannabis for a long time. Behind the curve, they will never catch up to the laboratories in California and Colorado.

BTW California prices for bud are double the prices in Colorado. Check out Santa Cruz Veterans Alliance. Brothers helping Brothers. [/rquote]

Still doesn't answer the question weather the OP is going to the pokey if he's popped with some hippie lettuce..

Making America Great Again
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 09:33 AM

Dopers have no common sense....

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 05:40 PM

It is very easy to bring marijuana into Baja....when properly stored (stashed) in a vehicle.

One should be creative and be willing to take the risk....experience helps...

And all the Nomads judging pot users should take a look at their own use of alcohol....

Don't believe everything you think....
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 05:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
It is very easy to bring marijuana into Baja....when properly stored (stashed) in a vehicle.

One should be creative and be willing to take the risk....experience helps...

And all the Nomads judging pot users should take a look at their own use of alcohol....

#1 POINT for GED:yes::spingrin::tumble:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
Lee
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 08:11 PM

No ones going to the pokey.

Medicinal cannabis esp. CBD, might look like salad dressing. Mixed with coconut oil. Epileptic kids take syringe fulls to control seizures. Hippy lettuce? You’ve got to be ***n kidding me.

About the color and consistency of basaltic vinegar, used for pain and what the OP was addressing. Pain management and how to do it in Baja.

Some of you should visit BCS more. Clueless is embarrassing.

F*ck it.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 08:42 PM

Right - I think you misunderstood - :?:I was more curious about personal experiences with the recent legal changes to decriminalize marijuana in Mexico.
I’m aware of what’s legal and isn’t - I know better than to soley use a forum as my source, but am seeking as much info as possible. It doesn’t sound like you have a personal experience with this topic, so while being condescending and judgy may validate your own feelings it doesn’t really contribute to the topic in a useful or productive manner.

Wolfpack, it seems you came to the wrong place to ask about the laws, rules and practices surrounding Marijuana use in Mexico/Baja, and coming into Mexico.

Lots of outdated, wrong, half truths, and judgmental posts in this thread.

Wolfpack, so far your posts are among the most accurate, so just listen to yourself, or better yet.

Do the opposite of what the majority tell you to do here.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 09:14 PM

there you go....joe will give you the 411 on 420, joe's no stranger to the diggity dank :lol:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.