Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Residents permanti?
jkruk
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 11:49 AM
Residents permanti?

Has anyone completed there resendenti permanenti in Loreto? What were the fees and decesssary requirements, photos etc. trying to compare Santa Rosalia to Loreto as a comparison. Thank you
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 12:09 PM

The fees should be the same anywhere in Mexico, as long as you are not involving a middleman to help you through the process. The fees are set by the Federal govt.

Now, almost nothing is set in stone in Mexico, so who knows? I cant imagine any variance in costs amounting to more than a few dollars. Go where is most convenient and saves you gas.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 01:13 PM

Unless something has changed we understood that you need to do the final paperwork in the county you reside in.. The paperwork starts in a Consulate in the states then you have 30 days to start the paperwork in the office of the county where you reside.
We didn't have to do the consulate part since we were already several years in with FM3,FM2 etc. that made it quicker but the cost was around $499 US as I remember.
Maybe things are now different but that is not what we hear from folks that have just done it.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 01:50 PM

The residente process starts at a Consulate in the US or Canada. Although there are federal requirements for residente temporal or permanente , Consulates vary from those requirements and want additional or less information.......and when you get to your local/regional INM office, you will find the same thing.

Several friends and neighbors have told me the Consulate in Calexico is easy to work with
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 06:19 PM

Calexico is where the lady I talked to said to go. It is going to cost somewhere in the $400 range including her fee and once I get the 30 day paperwork she finishes everything in San Felipe including fingerprints when that part of the show comes up.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 06:48 PM

Unless I've missed something... Here is how it's done now.

Application fees are paid at the consulate in your home country. The photos are also submitted at the consulate. Everything starts at the consulate, not in Loreto or Sta Rosalia. After you've paid ~$50 application fee and passed interview in the consulate, you are given a Visa sticker that you will later exchange for another paper - Canje - at the border. Once you've been given Visa sticker, you are already approved. There is no middleman up to this point.

After you've crossed the border, you have 30 days to make it to the INM center in Mexico to exchange Canje for a few forms that you must fill and bring back to the same center, and come again one more time for fingerprinting, they will tell you when. My understanding has been that 30 days you have to start the process - you have no control over their tardiness and should be fine even if they take 40 days to finish your processing. There at the INM you pay ~$200 for the first year RT or a few times more for RP if you qualify for RP and applied for RP at the consulate. I would imagine that there exist mental, physical or other conditions preventing a person from filling a few pages and bringing it back next day of next week, and therefore having to pay extra to middleman - won't comment on that. The documents are in Spanish. Translated and explained in details by many people, including what you should write on what line. Those who need, can find instructions on several sites of the wide wobbly web.

[Edited on 12-7-2018 by Alm]
billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 03:34 PM

Its been a few years, but my wife and I completed our Residente Permanente in Loreto. We had a FM-3 for over 10 years prior to this. All was started and completed in Loreto, for somewhere around $150 I think. Don't remember the exact cost. Nothing was done at any consulate.
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 05:54 PM

You can start the process at a Mexican consulate or embassy probably anywhere in the world. I started at the Mexican embassy in Thailand. Finished in BC. Easy peasy.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.