Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Rising oceans in Del Mar and Baja
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 12:40 PM

Joe, you prove that 'climate change' is a religion rather than science. You will believe whatever your chosen 'gods' (Al Gore, Bill Nye, etc.) tell you and not question it or use your own eyes to see there is no sea level rise or man-made global warming.
Science is the continuous collection of data and there is NEVER a consensus of scientists who would stop observing the climate and sea level because they have already concluded those conditions as fact.
At some point, there would be a consensus that the predictions they made the past 30 years were wrong and maybe, just maybe that Nature bats last?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Joe, you prove that 'climate change' is a religion rather than science.

I think climate change denial is a bit more akin to religion or politics than science. Denial wont make climate change go away. People and countries that plan for change will survive. Del mar-tians that deny and dont plan will fail.
Dk, long after you are gone your grandkids will be stuck dealing with the failures caused by your party’s denial and refusal to act.

Lux sit!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 02:31 PM

Got it .... Lets make the "environment" simple ... good luck with that one

As for the report ... just another report reflecting what is being "measured" within our current environment.

Do I agree with the "measurements" being reported .... Yes .... and that was why I posted the National Geo's article on the ice sheet melting in Greenland.

The monitoring of this location has been going on for a while and the "numbers" being reported are NOT really good for Greenland and perhaps the thermohaline circulation of the oceans

Again ... these changes would not mean a complete removal of all humans from the planet. It would only make it more difficult to exist. Which of course would impact economies of the world, not to mention the shifting demographics and locations of food production and amounts, and many other changes to living organisms on the planet.

Anyone thinking they have all the answers .... definitely not reasonable in their thinking.

As for being "wimpy" ... Well, that is your understanding of what I posted.

I was just stating facts about our planet which has been learned from scientific studies and/or monitoring of same.

As for Trump's position on the issue .. I don't agree with his position on THIS issue. Which I have stated numerous times to YOU and many others.

The only position I agreed with Trump on was "immigration" .... And I did not vote for him, nor did I support him in the run up to the election back in 2016.

The bottom line in all of this is "sustainability" ... Which has been found by the financial industry and the GAO to NOT be sustainable

If you want links do searches on my previous posts ... I've supplied them many times

Is there anyone that finds error's on what National Geo reported in the article related to "ice sheet" melting in Greenland ?
SunDevil
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 04:53 PM
More Warm Oceans Sounds Great

I don't know what folks are complaining about, more warm oceans sounds like an improvement.
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 09:03 AM

I know this is probably a mute point but I just pulled a sectional aeronautical chart from my chart archives (file cabinet) it shows Ontario airport at 943' in 1997. Today the charts show it at 944'. SNA John Wayne is 56' MSL back in 1997 shown as 56' today. LAS Las Vegas 2179' back in 1997, 2181 today? well looks to me like the ocean is receding?These charts are comprised by NOAA. I'm taking these as the truth using information from our friends the US govment. Why would they lie to me right?
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 09:08 AM

Here's more KSAN Lindberg field 1997 14' MSL (mean sea level) 2018 17'. Ok I'll check later for the personal attacks, have a nice day I'm going flying.:cool:

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by Glidergeek]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 09:31 AM

Wesson, you could have made it simple, like this overview chapter from the Trump administration, latest report that just came out and is pretty much irrefutable because the last few years we have seen the wild swings in weather patterns, and pure devastating we have never seen before that are so close to each other.

I don't think David K. will be mad with you if you disagree with him on global warming.

Introduction Earth’s climate is now changing faster than at any point in the history of modern civilization, primarily as a result of human activities.

The impacts of global climate change are already being felt in the United States and are projected to intensify in the future—but the severity of future impacts will depend largely on actions taken to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the changes that will occur.

Americans increasingly recognize the risks climate change poses to their everyday lives and livelihoods and are beginning to respond (Figure 1.1). Water managers in the Colorado River Basin have mobilized users to conserve water in response to ongoing drought intensified by higher temperatures, and an extension program in Nebraska is helping ranchers reduce drought and heat risks to their operations.

The state of Hawai‘i is developing management options to promote coral reef recovery from widespread bleaching events caused by warmer waters that threaten tourism, fisheries, and coastal protection from wind and waves.

To address higher risks of flooding from heavy rainfall, local governments in southern Louisiana are pooling hazard reduction funds, and cities and states in the Northeast are investing in more resilient water, energy, and transportation infrastructure.

In Alaska, a tribal health organization is developing adaptation strategies to address physical and mental health challenges driven by climate change and other environmental changes.

As Midwestern farmers adopt new management strategies to reduce erosion and nutrient losses caused by heavier rains, forest managers in the Northwest are developing adaptation strategies in response to wildfire increases that affect human health, water resources, timber production, fish and wildlife, and recreation.

After extensive hurricane damage fueled in part by a warmer atmosphere and warmer, higher seas, communities in Texas are considering ways to rebuild more resilient infrastructure. In the U.S. Caribbean, governments are developing new frameworks for storm recovery based on lessons learned from the 2017 hurricane season.

Climate-related risks will continue to grow without additional action. Decisions made today determine risk exposure for current and future generations and will either broaden or limit options to reduce the negative consequences of climate change. While Americans are responding in ways that can bolster resilience and improve livelihoods, neither global efforts to mitigate the causes of climate change nor regional efforts to adapt to the impacts currently approach the scales needed to avoid substantial damages to the U.S. economy, environment, and human health and well-being over the coming decades.

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 09:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
Here's more KSAN Lindberg field 1997 14' MSL (mean sea level) 2018 17'. Ok I'll check later for the personal attacks, have a nice day I'm going flying.:cool:

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by Glidergeek]

Dude: My younger brother is a computer wiz, works for HP. In the late 1990s he and a few others from HP were sent to some government agency to search their programs for any Y2K issues. One of the programs they worked on controlled the reporting info from GPS orbiters and they discovered a keying error in the original late 1980s code for reporting the altitudes had a .91 instead of 1.00, thus slightly under-reporting the altitudes. One of the agencies that got this was the FAA. They did not find any Y2K issues but did clean up a lot of similar stuff.
You will find lots of pre-2000 and post-2000 reports will have similar differences with respect reported altitudes.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Wesson, you could have made it simple, like this overview chapter from the Trump administration, latest report that just came out and is pretty much irrefutable because the last few years we have seen the wild swings in weather patterns, and pure devastating we have never seen before that are so close to each other.

I don't think David K. will be mad with you if you disagree with him on global warming.

The impacts of global climate change are already being felt in the United States and are projected to intensify in the future—but the severity of future impacts will depend largely on actions taken to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the changes that will occur.

This sentence above shows that adaption to a changing world will be necessary to help deal with the effects of a warming climate.

NO ONE can stop it....only slow it down by less than <one> degree over decades upon decades, by the myraid air pollution standards already in place.

The difference some people have is what shall we do to slow it down.
In the hear and now, pollution reducing methods are near their apex, constrained only by technology.

The hue and cry is to shut down fossil fuel use and sources, as they are the main culprit of air born pollution, according to many.
Shutting them all down to get to a lower pollution concentration is just not fesible in the present age......for obvious reasons.

World population growth has increased 400% in the 20th century. Population growth equals more people, using more energy to stay alive and exist.
Perhaps spending billions upon billions to interdict a warming rock, spend some of that money on educating the world as to the benefits of a lower population growth rate.

The UN population division has predicted a worldwide population of over 10 billion(up from 7> billion now) by the year 2021. Although world population growth has dropped to slightly over 1% since the highs of the 20th century.
https://ourworldindata.org/future-population-growth
Will the steady decrease in worldwide population growth stymie the growing use of fuels to stay alive and exist?

Personally, I take an "all in" approach of energy use, as some past President suggested. Fossil, renewables and nuclear, until such time as technology catches up and the renewable and nuke sides can supplant fossil fuels as the primary sources.
Someone recently said "Scientists can put a module on Mars"...can these scientists also "defang" nuclear waste and turn it into corn fertilizer and cattle feed?

However, I do remain skeptical that scientists know for a fact, the current warming trend is not some natural phenom of a 5.5 billion year old rock spinning in the atmosphere, sometimes closer to the sun orb than in other millions of years.

Or....a simplist approach of......does this rock we live on have a finite life and will be eaten up in the atmosphere like other chunks of rock?

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 11:10 AM

Agree the "quoted" sentence ... and the nice recap summary

And thought that was exactly the point which was being made and/or discussed ... sustainability in its broadest sense

This isn't something "new" ..... President's have been telling us the NEED to address these environmental problems since 1963 ...

This little video (1.59) starts with JFK .... :):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jGrALQWzA&list=FL5JsXv...

btw when it comes to effecting change on the environment .. through increasing costs at the individual level ... one only has to look to France :lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by wessongroup]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 12:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  
Agree the "quoted" sentence ... and the nice recap summary

And thought that was exactly the point which was being made and/or discussed ... sustainability in its broadest sense

This isn't something "new" ..... President's have been telling us the NEED to address these environmental problems since 1963 ...

This little video (1.59) starts with JFK .... :):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jGrALQWzA&list=FL5JsXv...

btw when it comes to effecting change on the environment .. through increasing costs at the individual level ... one only has to look to France :lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by wessongroup]

Macron is in hiding...….while the city burns in protest of hikes in gas and diesel.....To disuade the use of those fuels, as some panacia to cool the earth?

Finchaser2020
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 12:35 PM

"Al Gore"

That name makes me chuckle
:)

What a dweeb!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 02:57 PM
High on Conspiracy !

The Glider Guy qualifies for today's Conspiracies R US Propeller-Hat award AND the traditional Red MAGA Enema-Bag Booby-Prize.

To "assume" that a one-foot revision in MSL after 20-years as noted is evidence of anything more likely than improved technical methodology is ........................

FAR out THERE, Mon !
schwlind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 08:49 PM

BajaNaranja…
I agree with Bertrand Russell!!!

Linda
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 09:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.” -Bertrand Russell

And I agree with schwlind, that is a quotation worth plagiarizing!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 05:57 AM

Yes I agree with his point on population .... based on Malthus and/or Population Ecology ... a field of study that was once in Biology and has branched out due to the importance of population in planning for just about everything to insure survival of the species.

Also I don't see it as a right or wrong issue .... just one of survival based on factual evidence ... excuse me if I'm not looking for someone to "blame" all this on .... I'm just looking to define it, adopt and plan and then execute ... hopefully before it becomes really "hard" to exist here in my location :biggrin::biggrin:

Appears cutting back on "oil" and "natural gas" though increases costs would be rather difficult, at this time ... will say the electric car is coming along nicely .. plus the trucks

Hell of a problem and/or balancing act ... keeping the poor from having a better life through "growth", which is more resources all the while leaving a deeper negative foot print within the environment

"The development of population ecology owes much to demography and actuarial life tables. Population ecology is important in conservation biology, especially in the development of population viability analysis (PVA) which makes it possible to predict the long-term probability of a species persisting in a given habitat patch. Although population ecology is a subfield of biology, it provides interesting problems for mathematicians and statisticians who work in population dynamics.
"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_ecology

Know any planners that don't use math and statistics :lol::lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projections_of_population_grow...

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Wesson, very simple, in all DaliDali's long post, at the end of his post, it's a 'denier" posts, where he blames natural phenom, instead of mankind, where the blame should be placed.

You Wesson, agree with DaliDali, just like you agree with David K. but at the same time you claim you claim your this scientist environmentalist.

What gives Wesson, because clearly Earth's climate is changing faster than at any point in human history. Is this WRONG Wesson?

Wesson, if you don't believe in global warming, then say so, but don't play both sides.
---------------

Science says: "Introduction Earth’s climate is now changing faster than at any point in the history of modern civilization, primarily as a result of human activities.
DaliDali wrote: However, I do remain skeptical that scientists know for a fact, the current warming trend is not some natural phenom of a 5.5 billion year old rock spinning in the atmosphere, sometimes closer to the sun orb than in other millions of years.

[Edited on 12-9-2018 by wessongroup]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  

Also I don't see it as a right or wrong issue .... just one of survival based on factual evidence ... excuse me if I'm not looking for someone to "blame" all this on .... I'm just looking to define it, adopt and plan and then execute ... hopefully before it becomes really "hard" to exist here in my location :biggrin::biggrin:

Appears cutting back on "oil" and "natural gas" though increases costs would be rather difficult, at this time ... will say the electric car is coming along nicely .. plus the trucks

You don't see it as a right and wrong issue!

Really, when big business, and the Denier Trump, administration, denies the very existence of global warming that flies in the face of irrefutable scientific evidence.

This is exactly the same thing the tobacco industry used to do when they hired shady scientist on the take to deny tobacco smoke caused cancer so the industry would not be liable for million dollar lawsuits.

Wesson, I bet if some kook came along and said, they were skeptical that tobacco was directed related to causing cancer, because their Uncle Ben, smoked like a chimney and lived to 100 years without getting cancer, and that a lot of people die of cancer.

I bet you Wesson, would look for ways to agree with such a kook.

I'm just curious on why you always do this Wesson ,when I know you know better?

The future is clean and green energy, not fossil fuels, although for now natural gas, could be a bridge product since it's 50% cleaner. We need to stop supporting the coal industry as a starting point.

[Edited on 12-9-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 10:28 AM
God has the Answers

BUT, he isn't telling.

Last evening, during one of my frequent conversations with God (Harvey as he likes to be called) as we sipped our Glenlivet and Guinness Dry Stouts, the Up-High guy once again confided that the whole business was just a mind-game and he hadn't yet made up his mind regarding how it's going to play out. There are days when he says "F- IT ALL" and is tempted to turn the third-planet into a big fireball before starting a new game with a new toy. Regaining his composure, he decides to play with the masses a bit more.

In the meantime, have fun with what time may be left.

You never know when God will Blow.

He has his moods.
watizname
Senior Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 12-9-2018 at 10:47 AM

:smug::smug:
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
BUT, he isn't telling.

Last evening, during one of my frequent conversations with God (Harvey as he likes to be called) as we sipped our Glenlivet and Guinness Dry Stouts, the Up-High guy once again confided that the whole business was just a mind-game and he hadn't yet made up his mind regarding how it's going to play out. There are days when he says "F- IT ALL" and is tempted to turn the third-planet into a big fireball before starting a new game with a new toy. Regaining his composure, he decides to play with the masses a bit more.

In the meantime, have fun with what time may be left.

You never know when God will Blow.

He has his moods.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 02:38 AM

Back on point:

"possible to predict the long-term probability of a species persisting in a given habitat patch"

That "patch" is the planet ... get a clue

And those predictions are in fact based on "measurements" which are "numbers" of known variables, at this time.

IF some conclude the "measurements" are incorrect .. that is to be expected and discussed...... Item by item ... and typically is done 24/7 by someone around the planet

This is an excellent source online of "measurements" on many things, which may answer some questions.

https://www.pnas.org

Planetary boundaries: Guiding human development on a changing planet

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/347/6223/1259855

[Edited on 12-10-2018 by wessongroup]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.