Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: I see a Nomad pattern
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 01:45 PM
I see a Nomad pattern

anything factual on this board, whether it is a map by David or a post about "Two thirds of whatever" is mainly answered by members who want to talk about themselves and get personal with others. The topic? Disappears rapidly in the quicksand of old men emotions.

Harald Pietschmann
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 02:16 PM

Yep...
Aldervale
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 03:41 PM

Or self promote their business or ego.

Yep

Aldervale
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 03:42 PM

It is getting out of hand. It will be the demise of the board.

My take, there is a sub forum here for the politics, religion and other emotional talk. That kind of talk should be confined to that forum. If it's brought into the other sub forums, then the rule breaker should be banned for a period of time.
It will keep the open forums friendly and on track. While also giving a place to go talk about the volatile subjects, past and present. But the folks who choose to wander in will know what they are in for. I would probably be seen in there from time to time.
Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

I like beer, better than most people.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 03:56 PM

There are a couple of radicals on here who foment about jackbooted thugs, bigots and haters from time to time....
And if you disagree with them and call them out, out comes the "bigot, hater, right wing loon, and a fan of some dude named Alex Jones.

No big deal...IMO….radicals will be radicals and it does pass the time and ease up on taco stands, dirt roads, surf spots and what air pressure to use as the topic de jour.

Sooner, rather than later, they all fall off the bottom of the page and it begins anew......ad infinitum.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 04:03 PM

YUP! I imagine I am one of the contributors to the insanity, but most of the reality has gone from this board anyhow. Its a shame, used to be a place where folks shared knowledge and helpful experiences...Hard to take very seriously any more....

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 05:43 PM

I agree, Harald... Why don't we ALL hit the reset button and stop the BS? Keep the board about Baja and keep the politics in off topic. If someone deviates and chooses to bring in political BS, they should be banned to off topic only by Doug. :light::?:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 06:42 PM

Forums have always been a place where some members use it to talk/brag about themselves, and I usually write it off to low self esteem.

There have always been forums where some members come to debate and fight over anything even the color of the sky.

There are others who take exception to other board members opinions, and actually demand that their posts be deleted and them banned. They just love censorship, until their own posts are pulled.

We also have a few blowhards, to use this site to push right-wing politics, harsh immigration polices, and seem to scream.........FOLLOW THE RULES! THE RULES THE RULES THE RULES.......

It seems they missed their calling to be a traffic cop, or school hall monitor.

What this site is sadly missing is a wide variety of people of different ages, race, ethnicity, political views, and even sexual orientation.

So what you get is a majority of older white male Americans, and because they are older, they tend to be conservative, and they think they could run roughshod over those who don't share their right-wing views.

I think since a few more controversial posts have been allowed, this site has come more alive that it has been for quite some time.

Face it, threads like the "Turtle Soups" threads have always been the most interesting here by far, and the boring threads are when everybody is singing kumbaya and agreeing with each other.

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 07:05 PM

And down the rabbit hole we go

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 07:25 PM

It would be nice not to have to waste time filtering out the crap to get the useful information! I haven't been on here long but sure have gained a lot of Baja information. I think there are plenty of other areas where one can go to argue politics and other crap!
Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 55steve  
Yep...

I know...right??:light:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-6-2018 at 07:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Forums have always been a place where some members use it to talk/brag about themselves, and I usually write it off to low self esteem.

There have always been forums where some members come to debate and fight over anything even the color of the sky.

There are others who take exception to other board members opinions, and actually demand that their posts be deleted and them banned. They just love censorship, until their own posts are pulled.

We also have a few blowhards, to use this site to push right-wing politics, harsh immigration polices, and seem to scream.........FOLLOW THE RULES! THE RULES THE RULES THE RULES.......

It seems they missed their calling to be a traffic cop, or school hall monitor.

What this site is sadly missing is a wide variety of people of different ages, race, ethnicity, political views, and even sexual orientation.

So what you get is a majority of older white male Americans, and because they are older, they tend to be conservative, and they think they could run roughshod over those who don't share their right-wing views.

I think since a few more controversial posts have been allowed, this site has come more alive that it has been for quite some time.

Face it, threads like the "Turtle Soups" threads have always been the most interesting here by far, and the boring threads are when everybody is singing kumbaya and agreeing with each other.

Then there are the posts by people who never actually go to Mexico, but insist on telling us how it IS in Mexico.

The extreme left and the extreme right are occupied by people who never actually get out and experience life, where those of us in the middle dare to go. We actually seek out face-to-face experiences with strangers in foreign countries.

We of the middle ground are tolerant people.........but not with the fringe that tolerate very little. They threaten our freedoms. Fortunately, they are too afraid to experience actual life experiences because of the overhyped fears that their brethren warn them about, online, so they stay safely in their cyber cocoons.

Unfortunately, a metamorphosis never comes. And the rest of us suffer, because they somehow get the ear of the extreme politicians on both fringes, too. Fortunately, we rarely see them down here.

May they wallow in their ignorant, limited circles of actual life experiences forever...........and may the middle ground retake the high ground once again.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 07:53 AM

and there...you have it.
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 08:12 AM

Yep, 16 replies in......Harald is a prophet.

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Sorry, I don't get any sadistic pleasure by killing or maiming innocent fish while sports fishing.

Innocent fish??? Show me a good sized yellowtail or dorado that hasn't murdered hundreds of baitfish! :lol::lol::lol:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
AguaDulce
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 08:10 PM

nice
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 08:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  
Yep, 16 replies in......Harald is a prophet.

A prophet or possibly an Oracle.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2018 at 10:26 PM

I always get a huge kick out of people who want their forums to be echo chambers of like minded people sitting around spouting confirmation Biases, while condemning anyone who thinks different.

and then, it gets really hillarious when those danged infidels do something so nefarious as bringing actiual data and fact and logic into the forum that blows up the inner clubs bias agenda!

you don't like what people write, don't read it. You want to engage them in civil debate - have at it, you want to throw a fit and call your mommie - be my guest!

You clap at me - I'll clap back, I will challenge your assumptions and point out where history and fact have proven you wrong. deal with it, or go curl up in the corner in the fetal position cry for your mom, and demand someone "censor" all the people here who have the temerity to expose your personal biases as just that - nothing but uninformed opinions, lacking fact , and totally devoid of any critical thought process!

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by caj13]
DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 06:01 AM

It's quite simple. There is a time and place for everything.
I like a good debate as much as the next person.
Not every thread has to turn into a political circus.
Go look at the "raining cats and dogs thread". Not the place, but it doesn't stop the nincompoops from trashing the thread.
I'm not advocating for censorship. Just a little forced decorum.

Make a place for the debates to rage on. Keep the rest of the site free from the incoherent bickering.

Don't password it, so it shows up in "today's posts". Call it the "dungeon" or the "basement" or the "dive bar"or.............wait for it..............

"Joe's Place".:cool:

My opinion is there are a lot of folks turned away by having to pick through the crap to get to the info and fun.

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by DouglasP]

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-8-2018 at 06:36 AM

I have a really good recipe for Prairie Chickens....Many folks think they aren't very tasty...This recipe proves them wrong....

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.