Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: keep the opinions coming
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 06:05 PM

Gawd I hate logic, reason and common sense on this board Alm, it just doesn't FIT !!! :P :biggrin:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 06:12 PM
As Opposed To ...................... ?

" ........ I welcome any others, who also feel this board is being detrimentally hurt by these discussions, to join me in solidarity against this trend ......... "
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 06:16 PM

Yep, as in YOU, bile.

Wazzamatta, your butt-buddy in mayhem off the grid? Pobresito!

[Edited on 12-11-2018 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 06:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Hook, this board has a long-standing reputation of staying unfocused, regardless of subject. Not sure whether this should count as an "opinion" since in my subjective opinion this is more an observation.

So... Let them talk if they wish so. I wouldn't care less. People with questions will ask, people with and without knowledge or ability to answer will answer. It's a responsibility of the asking person to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I reluctantly have to agree with this - that it's ultimately up to the original poster to either have the laser focus to keep the discussion on track, or to abandon the thread to the inevitable hijack. It seems part of the board's charm that it largely allows such detours, and it often requires a significant degree of tenacity to see a question through to an informative answer.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 09:02 PM
In MY Opinion ...................

Somebuddha is in a snit.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 10:37 PM

thank you Dali Dali for so eloquently illustrating my point.
It's clear your definition of a Radical is anyone who is not a right wing trumpty dumpty,
. So your definition of a radical is one who has liberal views on immigration, views LGBT individuals as people , believes people are individuals and should be treated as such, instead of classified and reacted to based on their skin color, doesn't like voter supression or colluding with foreign countries to influence US elections.
we used to call those people patriots,

and the russia lovers were communist, white supremacists were N-zi sympathizers. when did that become "conservative"

but I guess you can label em anyway you want , comrade!

y
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Opinions are fine.....it's in the technique of how they are presented that defines who is rational and who is the radical.

And when the first words from a commenters fingers are "you're a racist, bigot, homophobic miscreant, orange hair loving fool, killer and torturer of sport fish, brown skinned hater, legless "grifter", immigrant hater, fan of some dude named Alex Jones, fan of this hate site or that hate site.... and a jackbooted thug.....it's very likely a radical doing the key banging.

Radicals, as such, thrive off of how much controversy they can stir up.....in an attempt to upset the balance of how you think, what you think and why you think it.

And dare you disagree with a radical, or even ask them to explain it all.....you're a gawd damn denier.

And as 4x4abc mentioned, rather than change minds, it only makes people dig in their heels deeper and deeper....out of defiance to being dissed by this constant rage filled radical.

[Edited on 12-9-2018 by DaliDali]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 06:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
thank you Dali Dali for so eloquently illustrating my point.
It's clear your definition of a Radical is anyone who is not a right wing trumpty dumpty,
. So your definition of a radical is one who has liberal views on immigration, views LGBT individuals as people , believes people are individuals and should be treated as such, instead of classified and reacted to based on their skin color, doesn't like voter supression or colluding with foreign countries to influence US elections.
we used to call those people patriots,

and the russia lovers were communist, white supremacists were N-zi sympathizers. when did that become "conservative"

but I guess you can label em anyway you want , comrade!

y
Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
Opinions are fine.....it's in the technique of how they are presented that defines who is rational and who is the radical.

And when the first words from a commenters fingers are "you're a racist, bigot, homophobic miscreant, orange hair loving fool, killer and torturer of sport fish, brown skinned hater, legless "grifter", immigrant hater, fan of some dude named Alex Jones, fan of this hate site or that hate site.... and a jackbooted thug.....it's very likely a radical doing the key banging.

Radicals, as such, thrive off of how much controversy they can stir up.....in an attempt to upset the balance of how you think, what you think and why you think it.

And dare you disagree with a radical, or even ask them to explain it all.....you're a gawd damn denier.

And as 4x4abc mentioned, rather than change minds, it only makes people dig in their heels deeper and deeper....out of defiance to being dissed by this constant rage filled radical.

[Edited on 12-9-2018 by DaliDali]

Happy holidays to you and yours Mr. Cajā€¦.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 07:36 AM

well said caj13
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 07:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
well said caj13

+1

John
Beagle
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 07:55 AM

Opinions are natural. Whatever. For me personally, the issue comes up when someone starts a thread about let's say.....crossing at Tecate with a Female Elephant on a flatbed trailer with expired tags during Semana Santa. Well, I too would like to transport my Elephant (we'll call her Margaret) in my buddy's trailer. So I want to peruse the thread and as I scroll down and click from page to page, all I see is an argument between usually 2-3 of the same characters about some long standing, insane and pathetic resentment. Over.and.Over.and.Over. Weeding though all of that to find relevant responses becomes a trying experience and most of the time the original OP has long since vanished in frustration.

That right there is what sucks.

And I still don't know what to do with Margaret.
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 08:39 AM

I wish Margaret and her kin, and all the donkeys would just stay in the US, and not continually infiltrate Baja.

I also hope that as I get older, I don't have the need to continually prove other people wrong.

I agree, Beagle.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 02:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Beagle  

And I still don't know what to do with Margaret.

I've heard elephant tamales are delicious.

John
PamelaP

Mood: Better in Baja! With wine of course!

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 06:03 PM

That is it, Margaret and the Donkeys are cause of global warming with their flatulating! Science solved.

Is there wine?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.