BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Want to a BAD nightmare Dentists in La Paz
wannago

[*] posted on 12-12-2018 at 11:54 PM
Want to a BAD nightmare Dentists in La Paz

My experience with Dr. Martha Lorenia Estrada Talamantes of La Paz Mexico. I went to Dr. Martha November 08, 2018.
On November 8 was the 1st appointment with Dr. Martha She did X-ray, mouth impressions. To get ready For the purpose of one feeling and removal of two very old crowns that needed to be replaced. Sound standard. Next visit she removed the old crowns and set the two temporary crowns.
Again standard. Following the visit, she said I had two cracked teeth and she could fix them before she set the new two crowns. Ok, get it done.
When she drilled into my lower front teeth to fix the two cracked teeth and filled them leaving them 1/8 -1/4 inch too long. Now my bite is off 100% and the two teeth now hit the roof of my mouth. I spoke up and said these two teeth are too high. She went and got the mouth impression to show me these are your teeth AGAIN I said the two teeth you fix are too high. This is WRONG. My mouth impression shows you that my teeth are even, I am not going out in the world looking like this. Dr. Martha said let me finish the crowns. Will, what am I to do?

It took her six tries to put them in my mouth. She would grind on my real teeth to see if she could get the crowns to fit. Then she went and had the Dr. who made the crowns try to fit them. He could not. She took over again and says to me I permanently glued the crowns in, you will get used to them. Then the Dr. who made the crowns came back in said he could grind on the permanently glued porcelain crowns.
I asked would it weaken the porcelain crowns. His answer was ** no. He made a hole in the porcelain crowns. (This was all done November 22, 2018, Thanksgiving day.) Dr. Martha did offer to grind down my lower front teeth. I said no to her offer of grinding down my two lower front teeth there's no way in hell she was ever going to touch me again those teeth have nerves in them.

I'm skipping the part on how I found a new doctor- and was given a list of four more dentists to go and get an opinion on how to straighten out this mess. It is not going to be easy to straighten out my bite and fix the two snaggletooth fangs.
What I learned by going to all five dentists and 5 different consultations.
1. The snaggle-tooth teeth procedure was incorrect on cracked teeth
2. The material used on the snaggletooth teeth was incorrect
3. The new replacement porcelain crowns now have a hole in them from them grinding on the outside of the crown and have to be replaced.
4. The new crowns do not fit my mouth they are too large and my mouth does not have the room to spare. that is way my bite is off.

Wanna\'Go
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 06:42 AM

i know a great dentist in missoula...not to far from Idaho
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 07:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have been to dentists that are very highly recommended in both Algodones and Tijuana. All the work I had done in Baja I have had Redone in the USA. Exceeding 10k..The crowns never fit correctly.

I would bite the bullet... and go see a dentist in the States.

[Edited on 12-13-2018 by BajaRun]
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 09:49 AM

Thank you for your review of the Doctora. Bad practitioners are not exclusive to Mexico. Let me tell you about my visit to the Cleveland Clinic! Rated the #1 heart treatment facility by ???? NOT! My family and friends have always received excellent dental care, at a reasonable cost, here in La Paz. We have the advantage of living here so our local knowledge is broader.

[Edited on 12-13-2018 by weebray]

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 10:07 AM

La Paz has great doctors - if you are lucky to find them

sometimes you are not so lucky
I am still in a wheelchair 1 1/2 years after a broken leg

but I have a great dentist

Harald Pietschmann
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-13-2018 at 10:36 AM

Sorry to hear about the poor results with your dentist. It sounds like you are still in La Paz, and need to get the work finished?

I have been using a dentist in La Paz for the last five years, and I have been very pleased with her work! Her specialty is cosmetic dentistry her English is great, and is a very nice person.

If Dra. Patricia Camon Sanchez is one of the recommended dentists, I second the recommendation! If you need an address or phone number, let me know.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 12-14-2018 at 10:44 AM

Patricia is the best - and the kindest

Harald Pietschmann
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2018 at 06:15 PM

wannago - This is the stuff of nightmares!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 12:16 PM

4x4, - if you don't mind me asking - do you think they screwed up in that famous, modern, the best in both states etc etc La Paz public hospital?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 01:20 PM

I was kind of hoping that the OP, wannago, would come back to let us know how they resolved the situation.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 11:05 AM

Nah, nobody reads this section. Everybody is in Q & A or General. "resolve the situation" with bad dentist? Go to a good one.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

If Dra. Patricia Camon Sanchez is one of the recommended dentists, I second the recommendation! If you need an address or phone number, let me know.

Post the address. Always a good resource/reference.

Weebray might step in with a top dentist.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 01:47 PM

Found this on Google.

Dentist Patricia Camón Sánchez
Dentist in La Paz, Mexico
Address: 3 esq., Estrella del Mar & Calle Sin Número, El Conchalito, La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
Phone: +52 612 124 2224

[Edited on 12-30-2018 by TMW]
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 02:16 PM

A wile back I posted "A trip to the TJ dentist" about having an emergency root canal done in Tijuana. It cost $350. After that I saw the writing on the wall and got dental insurance through my retirement assn. for about $400 a year. So much easier to see a dentist near home and not have to deal with crossing the border. After the insurance, the quote for 9 crowns, a root canal, and a filling came to about $2500. He did 4 crowns already and they came out perfect.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2018 at 07:50 PM

5 years ago I paid about $US 400 for a root canal at a very good dentist in Ensenada, which is the same as it cost in Canada back then (today it costs $US 250 in Canada because $Can dropped 30%). I only went there because this was a part of a bigger work that Canadians wouldn't do (and probably US dentists either), offering $$$ implant instead.

I was unable to find domestic dental plan at $400 a year that would allow me getting a non-emergency treatment including crowns or implants shortly after the enrollment. There was always a waiting period, high deductible and other conditions making such a plan not worth paying for. With US dentals costing more than Canadian, $400/year is really cheap. Probably was some sort of a group plan, not readily available to everybody.

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by Alm]
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 07:31 AM

For those who might be curious, the plan I got was "$0 copay Dental HMO by CIGNA" and yes, only available as a group plan when I signed up for membership in my government retirement association. The brochure sounded too good to be true: "The Cigna $0 co pay is a comprehensive plan that covers over 380 procedures including major services like crowns, dentures, and implant supported prosthetics... Your copay is literally $0 for all of the 380 covered procedures!" I noted in the fine print that you could not cancel mid year so have to pay $37.50 monthly for a full year. My suspicions were confirmed after I signed up and went in for the first checkup and they sent me a treatment plan with a cost of $12,000! So much for zero co pay. I had to get on the phone with the broker, then the insurance company, who called the dentist, and they revised it down to $2500, which is still not zero because they did zirconia crowns and a laser treatment that were above and beyond what the plan would cover. All in all it was a good deal but I had to fight to get the promised benefits. The US dentist had a cool digital x ray that projected the image on a flat screen TV, while the TJ dentist was still using the little foil they stick in your mouth. OK enough of my dental issues, now back to arguing about politics.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 08:30 AM

Depending on your specific needs we have a number of excellent dentists, oral surgeons, etc. that have been proven here in La Paz. And, unfortunatly, we see them often. U2U if you need assistance.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 10:31 AM

Ex-govt employees here in Canada have excellent health benefits, almost as good as when they were working. Not pertinent to most of population, unfortunately.

On-screen X-ray I first time saw in Mexican dental office. My Canadian dentist (also very good) upgraded several months later. There are many top-class dentists and good equipment in Mexico, you just need to find them.
wannago

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 12:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wannago  
My experience with Dr. Martha Lorenia Estrada Talamantes of La Paz Mexico. I went to Dr. Martha November 08, 2018.
On November 8 was the 1st appointment with Dr. Martha She did X-ray, mouth impressions. To get ready For the purpose of one feeling and removal of two very old crowns that needed to be replaced. Sound standard. Next visit she removed the old crowns and set the two temporary crowns.
Again standard. Following the visit, she said I had two cracked teeth and she could fix them before she set the new two crowns. Ok, get it done.
When she drilled into my lower front teeth to fix the two cracked teeth and filled them leaving them 1/8 -1/4 inch too long. Now my bite is off 100% and the two teeth now hit the roof of my mouth. I spoke up and said these two teeth are too high. She went and got the mouth impression to show me these are your teeth AGAIN I said the two teeth you fix are too high. This is WRONG. My mouth impression shows you that my teeth are even, I am not going out in the world looking like this. Dr. Martha said let me finish the crowns. Will, what am I to do?

It took her six tries to put them in my mouth. She would grind on my real teeth to see if she could get the crowns to fit. Then she went and had the Dr. who made the crowns try to fit them. He could not. She took over again and says to me I permanently glued the crowns in, you will get used to them. Then the Dr. who made the crowns came back in said he could grind on the permanently glued porcelain crowns.
I asked would it weaken the porcelain crowns. His answer was ** no. He made a hole in the porcelain crowns. (This was all done November 22, 2018, Thanksgiving day.) Dr. Martha did offer to grind down my lower front teeth. I said no to her offer of grinding down my two lower front teeth there's no way in hell she was ever going to touch me again those teeth have nerves in them.

I'm skipping the part on how I found a new doctor- and was given a list of four more dentists to go and get an opinion on how to straighten out this mess. It is not going to be easy to straighten out my bite and fix the two snaggletooth fangs.
What I learned by going to all five dentists and 5 different consultations.
1. The snaggle-tooth teeth procedure was incorrect on cracked teeth
2. The material used on the snaggletooth teeth was incorrect
3. The new replacement porcelain crowns now have a hole in them from them grinding on the outside of the crown and have to be replaced.
4. The new crowns do not fit my mouth they are too large and my mouth does not have the room to spare. that is way my bite is off.

Wanna\'Go
wannago

[*] posted on 3-5-2019 at 12:30 AM

Sorry, this has taken so long to get back. It is now March 05, 2019 I have one more Dentist appointment to finish up the redue work from going to Dr. Martha Lorenia Estrada Talamantes of La Paz Mexico. The medical Dr. I go to in La Paz help me find the owner of the Lab in La Paz. Robert Burns 612.176.6485. Robert even went with me to meet Dr. Ivan Carmona Mata of CECOM. I also was given a list of Dentist to check out that I did just that. But I want with Dr. Ivan Carmona Mata of CECOM 612.123.2362 all is going to be good by the end of March. Thank you all

Wanna\'Go

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.