Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Rockman trail
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2018 at 10:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Thanks JZ
That track is low fidelity with very few breadcrumbs/track points, but I picked off the ends:
Hwy5 30 16, -114 39.4, Hwy1 29 54.9, -114 56.5
Fairly close except for the big bridge at Hwy5 requiring adjustment.
Putting that track on my to do list.
Forgive me my Almanac is in San Felipe and I am in Colorado. Web maps do not show Los Hemes.

This one might have more details.

Attachment: Rockman.gpx (28kB)
This file has been downloaded 314 times

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 07:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rich t  
Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
I think we will just miss each other again! We are starting on the 3rd and will finish on the 15th or 16th? We will be running the cactus trail, window rock, 22 day and some other stuff we have been looking at. Hope to do rockman over to Puerticitos?

Which trail is the cactus trail?

I think it's the track I got from you that was called the 22 day trail, but is what most called the cactus trail, the one that goes over the mud hills. I now have a track that is labeled the 22 day
trail but is different then the original I got from you, it goes from BOLA to Catavina.

Westy, thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for. Tim Mortin said the same thing, the whoops should be gone!

[Edited on 12-18-2018 by advrider]
ztrab
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 07:50 AM
February

I’ll be leading a group of 8 riders on my annual Jim Clark Memorial ride Feb 15th-25th. I’ll let you know trail conditions we encounter.
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rich t  
I think we will just miss each other again! We are starting on the 3rd and will finish on the 15th or 16th? We will be running the cactus trail, window rock, 22 day and some other stuff we have been looking at. Hope to do rockman over to Puerticitos?

Which trail is the cactus trail?

I think it's the track I got from you that was called the 22 day trail, but is what most called the cactus trail, the one that goes over the mud hills. I now have a track that is labeled the 22 day
trail but is different then the original I got from you, it goes from BOLA to Catavina.

Westy, thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for. Tim Mortin said the same thing, the whoops should be gone!

22 day east is Bola to Hwy 1 6 miles south of Bola turnoff. 22 day west goes west from hwy 1 to Pacific. Comes out about 20 or so miles north of santa rosallillita
ztrab
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 08:12 AM
February

I’ll be leading a group of 8 riders on my annual Jim Clark Memorial ride Feb 15th-25th. I’ll let you know trail conditions we encounter.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
30% of the population is color blind
what blue line?
please make them white in the future
or attach the file

Most of us color blind guys see blue and yellow easily, you have a really rare kind Harald. It is red and green I have a hard time seeing or telling apart. Women are rarely afflicted with this but they pass it down to their male children from the woman's father.
It is hard to explain our vision to normal folks... We see colors, but shades of red and green when mixed with other colors, like Google Earth map is like it being camo. to us. We also can't always tell purple apart from shades of blue since purple is blue and red mixed.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 09:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ztrab  

Can you send me the 22 day trail that you have, Cameron Steele told me that part of what I sent you by passes a pretty gnarly part of the 22 day trail.
rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 09:59 AM

The above question was for ADVRIDER, I hit the wrong quote button
rich t
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 10:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Thanks JZ
That track is low fidelity with very few breadcrumbs/track points, but I picked off the ends:
Hwy5 30 16, -114 39.4, Hwy1 29 54.9, -114 56.5
Fairly close except for the big bridge at Hwy5 requiring adjustment.
Putting that track on my to do list.
Forgive me my Almanac is in San Felipe and I am in Colorado. Web maps do not show Los Hemes.

Paul, after about 15 miles west of Puerticitos the trail is a single track, we can pre run the first part in Jan. I have done a portion of it from El Rosario heading east, but to go all the way is for Motos only.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 10:29 AM

Rich, just sent you a few tracks that I have that were labeled 22 day trail, let me know if someone can confirm what trail is what? If anyone has tracks for the camper shell trail, I would love to get them. Thanks

bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 12:12 PM

As WW said, a lot of sediment was washed out of the mountains in the recent floods. Where the narrow canyons open up and the sediment dropped out any roads, whoops, or pits in the flood plain were obliterated and are now flat expanses of sand and gravel, sort of like fresh powder for motos. Fun!
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 06:49 PM

Just the news I was looking for, thanks for all of the input from everyone.... Still looking for camper shell tracks...
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 07:02 PM

Just the news I was looking for, thanks for all of the input from everyone.... Still looking for camper shell tracks...

PM me your email and I will send it.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2018 at 07:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ehall  

PM me your email and I will send it.

Will do, and Rich you should have several track I sent that will helps us get all of the trails names straight!
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2018 at 09:27 AM

Friends rode Rockman and camper shell two days ago. It's fine, hard as usual.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2018 at 08:18 PM

mjs, thanks for the info, looks like we should be good for March...
TFelix713

[*] posted on 12-20-2018 at 09:40 PM

Had a few buddies ride Rock Man 4 days ago. Said it was as tough as ever.

#NOBADDAYSINBAJA

2017 KTM 350 Xcf
2013 RZR 900
ehall
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2018 at 11:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohhcUUKQ-T8 Youtube video of 22 day trail
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.