Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Telmex - Internet Service - Info needed
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2018 at 08:12 PM
Telmex - Internet Service - Info needed

Hey All, Anyone using Telmex for internet service? Would like to know how it is working for you. Any other info, cost, contract length, modem cost, satisfied with the service, etc.
Thanks Brian
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-28-2018 at 08:10 AM

Been using it in Loreto for several years now. I think the cost is 389 pesos a month and includes a phone line. I didn't want the phone line but it comes with it. For 389 pesos the speed is pretty fast for normal E-Mail, download and upload but I believe it can be much faster for more $ per month.

No contract and if there was a fee to start up with it was pretty small. The problem for you might be the wait.

Do you know if Telcel has 4G service in your area? If so go with a Telcel router. It does not work on 3G but if your can get 4G the cost of their router was around $100 U.S. and the monthly fee for unlimited data is around $11 US a month and is pretty fast. Works great for me in La Bufadora but Loreto mostly has 3G and supposedly slowly switching over to 4G.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-28-2018 at 08:30 AM

Depends where you are...here in ASuncion our Telmex internet barely works at best and there is only 2G so no data at all...maybe texts sometimes. Sure glad we have a new internet provider other than Telmex that has cured my internet woes!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2018 at 08:42 AM

Telmex DSL landline internet works fine in Loreto, even though the Telmex server is 90 miles away.

For about $30 bucks a month, for a land line phone and internet.

Never was charged for the modem or a replacement modem when it was needed.
No contracts....

Day in and day out download speed is 10 Mbs.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-28-2018 at 09:59 AM

I live less than 1 mile from Dali Dali and my speed is around 5 Mbps but it looks like he pays more than me so I assume he is paying for a faster speed. I suppose it depends what you are doing on the Internet but 5 is more than fast enough for me.

George Bernard Shaw

elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2018 at 04:27 PM
Telcel Wireless Internet Service

Thanks for the reply’s. I actually was looking for information on the Telcel wireless internet service with the modem. No phone lines in my area. Thanks Brian
Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2018 at 05:21 PM

Don't forget, you need 4G in your area.

If you can get the 4G, that's definitely the way to go as long as you get good signal strength.

George Bernard Shaw

Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 08:00 AM

I thought you were asking about Telcel..Your post says Telmex...Telcel is really great, $20 a month..you must be getting cell service where your at to make it work..If you can use a cell phone, you can get the Telcel modem..No phone lines required, speed is very fast...a lot are using it in Los Barriles and Buena Vista..
Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 08:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bill Collector  
I thought you were asking about Telcel..Your post says Telmex...Telcel is really great, $20 a month..you must be getting cell service where your at to make it work..If you can use a cell phone, you can get the Telcel modem..No phone lines required, speed is very fast...a lot are using it in Los Barriles and Buena Vista..

I know like I sound like a broken record (That saying should show my age, what saying do they use now days?) but do you have 4G reception in your area to use the Internet?

George Bernard Shaw

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 12:05 PM

Telmex = landline phone and DSL internet.

Telcel = cell (wireless) network. Cheap. You better worry about availability in your area - there isn't any where I am, for example, and reliability.
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2019 at 09:12 PM

still no telcel 4G in Loreto? :(

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2019 at 09:19 PM

Seems to go back and forth. I have only gotten 3G but have friends who say occasionally they get 4G

George Bernard Shaw

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2019 at 09:43 PM

Telmex in Mulege has been great for 10 years now. Streaming TV while I am on the computer with seldom a problem. Now your landline allows calling to US no toll.... So use a combo of magicjack and land line to talk with NOB. only about $20 per month for now. But if you dont have Telmex service this is not a help.
How did we ever live w/o tv and cell phones. was a simpler life then.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.