BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: Trump to close the border entirely if he does not get $ for his wall, per tweet today December 28
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 11:05 AM
A Trick Question ?

Well, Yes, sort of.

In that, it's a (typically Trumpian) misdirection.

Educational levels among minorities (most especially Blacks) is not really an issue in current Presidential politics. The Black vote (especially among Black women) is fairly monolithic. Blacks are solidly wedded to the Democratic BECAUSE they currently feel (with justification) that the Democrats better represent their interests and welfare.

The debate over educational levels among likely white voters IS of interest and analysis in that their voting inclinations are subject to movement dependent on a variety of issues and interests.

ANY look at White voting patterns yields a significant percentage of said voters ranging the entire breadth of the ideological spectrum with the Independents representing the key to swinging a Presidential election. Understanding and addressing THEIR considerations is the key to victory.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 11:05 AM

Trump is a pathological liar. He lies every day. He is amoral. He talks about hiringg american, buying american; then staffs his resorts with low wage east europeans on temp work visas, produces his products in china.
His immorality and lieing is not tolerable in a head of state. He should be opposed on every issue. He is a liar, he is not to be trusted on anything, he must be opposed on everything.

He spouts hateful rhetoric about veterans and mexicans.

His rallies are racist mobs.

Trump is an embarrassing stain on usa history.

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:03 PM
The Wall is NO LONGER a Wall ?

It's a Metaphor ?

Which could be good news.

How much per foot does a Metaphor cost ?
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:13 PM

Great catch of Wesson's misdirection, and Wesson, black bashing, another one of his favorite targets to tar and feather.

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
Well, Yes, sort of.

Educational levels among minorities (most especially Blacks) is not really an issue in current Presidential politics. The Black vote (especially among Black women) is fairly monolithic. Blacks are solidly wedded to the Democratic BECAUSE they currently feel (with justification) that the Democrats better represent their interests and welfare.

The debate over educational levels among likely white voters IS of interest and analysis in that their voting inclinations are subject to movement dependent on a variety of issues and interests.

ANY look at White voting patterns yields a significant percentage of said voters ranging the entire breadth of the ideological spectrum with the Independents representing the key to swinging a Presidential election. Understanding and addressing THEIR considerations is the key to victory.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 12:17 PM

It's a Metaphor ?

Which could be good news.

How much per foot does a Metaphor cost ?

Depends on what you are comparing it to.....without using the words "like" or "as"....:light:

Don't believe everything you think....
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 01:22 PM

I also see that 13 million Canadians per year came in legally during the same time period. I wonder why no one is complaining about those illegal Canadians stealing our jobs? Maybe a border wall there also?

If legal/illegal immigration is proportional to Mexico's border, it seems we likely have a serious problem up north. I would assume risk takers (illegal crossers) among both groups (Canadian/Mexican) would be the same percentage of the population.

John

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by John Harper]
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by ncampion  
Here’s the real reason Democrats are so opposed to the wall even though just a few years ago they were in favor of it. It’s all about voters and power. They know that the birth rate of immigrants is 3 – 4 times that of native American citizens and in just a generation or two they will control the country until it’s ultimate collapse. The following is reprinted from another source but undeniably true.

Democrats have abandoned the traditional working-class American voter for the sake of importing millions from the third world who tend to vote for big government and a leftist welfare state.
Since the left cannot convince the traditional working-class American voter to come over to their side, they have adopted another strategy. That strategy is to replace that voter with different voters who are more likely to vote for free stuff from the government – namely third world immigrants.
This is indeed the only way the Democrats can win, and if they succeed in tipping the electorate’s demographics enough, they will presumably win forever. To realize this simple truth, you needn’t look any further than the 2016 or 2018 election voting trends by demographic groups.
The Democrats are betting that by 2020 or 2024, the country’s electorate will be composed mainly of mindless neo-Marxist millennials and third-world immigrants who both share a proclivity for voting for the modern leftist nanny state.
A wall would inevitably mean a drastic reduction in illegal third world immigration into this country. If Trump and working-class American voters get their wall, it will muck up and drastically slow down the Democrats’ plans for demographic change in the states. This would give individuals who find themselves on today’s ‘right’; conservatives, classical liberals, etc., time to convince indoctrinated working-class millennials that voting for leftists is entirely against their interests.
Because these days very few rightists are moving to the left, this is a game Democrats do not wish to play. As each day passes, and as the overtone window shifts, more and more people realize that there is no place for them on the modern neo-Marxist left. Increasingly, if you fall under any of the following labels, the neo-Marxist Democrats have identified and labeled you as an ‘oppressor’: Christians, cisgendered (i.e., male or female), straight and ethnically Caucasian men and women of the working class.
As it becomes more and more apparent to those who fall under these categories that the Democrats have abandoned them and even wish to replace them, greater and greater numbers will inevitably gravitate towards conservatism.
As we head into the second week of the government shutdown over the funding of the border wall, we shouldn’t expect Democrats to give up an inch of territory. Remember, for their strategy to be successful they must have a foreign invasion. The traditional domestic population of this country does not share the modern Democrat’s worldview any longer, and they are well aware of this.

This must be from MSNBC right? Please provide link. :saint:;)

No link, just common sense statements. What do you disagree with?

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 02:05 PM
Those who would hide their Source .....................

............ Have something to hide.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 03:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I also see that 13 million Canadians per year came in legally during the same time period. I wonder why no one is complaining about those illegal Canadians stealing our jobs? Maybe a border wall there also?

Good work John, you took the time to read all about it, rather than just blow off steam about racists and bigots.

Part of what you read contained the following caveats>>

"Admitted as temporary nonimmigrants, granted asylum or refugee status, or are naturalized"

Temporary Nonimmigrants include students, tourists and workers.

Canadian workers, students and tourists usually go home to Canada when their time of working, as a student or as a tourist comes to a close.
Mexican students, tourists and workers not as much. And so it goes about many temporary workers from other countries don't either...visa overstays are a big problem.

You should know that the US welcomes temporary workers who have skills and and won't be a drain on the resources of US taxpayers.

The US also welcomes low skilled workers to do the jobs Americans "won't do"
There is a legal process to do that....H-2A: Temporary Agricultural Worker

"For temporary or seasonal agricultural work. Limited to citizens or nationals of designated countries, with limited exceptions, if determined to be in the United States interest"

Read all about the qualifications to obtain that H-2A visa>>

http://www.visapro.com/work-visas/h2a-visa/

Filing fee for that H-2A visa is $460 USD and a one week processing time.
It's common knowledge that many migrants pay coyotes upwards of a $1000 or more to be guided to and beyond the border.....not sure the lack of money and being poor is a reason not to obtain one.......at the 9 US Consulates and 1 US Embassy in Mexico.

There is a legal process for workers to come into the US, be they computer nerds or AG workers.

Thousands upon thousands do it year in and year out.

<700,000> estimated visa overstays and <400,000> apprehensions (now telling how many evaded the gauntlet) in the SW border sector a YEAR.....it's a major problem.

John, I think you made a mistake on the legal and illegal Canadians taking the jobs.

"I also see that 13 million Canadians per year came in legally during the same time period. I wonder why no one is complaining about those illegal Canadians stealing our jobs? Maybe a border wall there also?

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by DaliDali]

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 04:09 PM

No, if 19 million Mexicans came in legally and a certain % enter illegally above that, I'm just comparing that number against 13 million Canadians and their own potential illegal border crossers.

So, for example, if 1 million Mexicans (5% of 19 million) cross illegally, then almost 650,000 Canadians might also potentially cross illegally. I'm just assuming that 5% of Canadians are as much risk takers as those Mexicans. I'm not sure how you can compare each population's proclivity to violate national borders, so let's just assume they are the same in this example.

How many actual illegal crossings by Mexicans were there last year? Tell me that and we can sharpen the pencil. Then we can take a look at some agreed upon numbers.

Then, we can take a look at who is staying here illegally, how they got here, and why it's happening. My guess is visa overstays are way more likely to allow people in legally, and then remain illegally, than perhaps both borders being breached combined. Tighter visa controls might be a better solution than walls.

John

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 04:39 PM

If legal/illegal immigration is proportional to Mexico's border, it seems we likely have a serious problem up north. I would assume risk takers (illegal crossers) among both groups (Canadian/Mexican) would be the same percentage of the population.

John

It's an easy answer, because Canadians are white. That's why the xenophobes do not complain about Canadians, coming to the US and stealing jobs from Americans.

It's basically the same from most European nations. The immigrant haters usually don't say a word, but if immigrants are coming over from places like Mexico, Central American, Haiti or God forbid Africa or the Middle east, then they go nuts and demand the border be closed.

Immigration lotto is also not an even playing field for the darker skinned immigrants.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 04:56 PM

No, if 19 million Mexicans came in legally and a certain % enter illegally above that, I'm just comparing that number against 13 million Canadians and their own potential illegal border crossers.

So, for example, if 1 million Mexicans (5% of 19 million) cross illegally, then almost 650,000 Canadians also potentially cross illegally. I'm just assuming that 5% of Canadians are as much risk takers as those Mexicans. I'm not sure how you can compare each population's proclivity to violate national borders, so let's just assume they are the same in this example.

How many illegal crossings by Mexicans were there last year? Tell me that and we can sharpen the pencil. Then we can take a look at some agreed upon numbers.

John

Good call John.....sharpen the pencil.

Tighter visa controls is a great idea...only problem is, by virtue of being "illegal" they don't have a visa to control.

illegal crossings, by their very nature of "slipping in" are unknown. There are estimates only.
One can't count those who evaded the gauntlet agreed?

What is a KNOWN number, that may give some clues is..what i have previously posted on here.....direct from the people who do the counting.

Total apprehensions of illegals in the SW border sector are running 50,000 a month and +- 400,000 thousand a year.
CBP cannot "apprehend" people on the MX side, logical deduction would be those apprehensions would be on the US side......AFTER they crossed in illegally.
Can't be at the POE......those are turned around as "inadmissibles"

If 400K got caught, how many evaded the gauntlet?....
20%..30%...60%.

Based on the estimate 11 or so million, and much higher, illegals reported in the US now, a whole bunch slip through.

For round numbers only......just a guess.....lets say half of 400K slip though......that puts 200K illegal aliens a year inside the US. Year in and year out.
Not counting 600K-700K visa overstays per year from all countries.
Now it's bumping up to nearly a million per year in the US without permission to do so.

What I am not sure of is, what number is a permissible amount and counted as "incidentals", by virtue of having a shared border.
What is the amount you can live with, keeping in mind the billions upon billions it costs the ratepayers of this country in all costs associated with illegal aliens, and the costs (deadly) due to criminal activity and the costs of drug and human smuggling.

I have the official numbers on criminals apprehended and the amount of drugs confiscated if you care to see those also.
I also have the numbers of unaccompanied children stopped at the border also....10,000 in the first two months of FY 2019

No sabe "proclivity" of Canadians to jump the northern fence, when Canada is a first world country, relatively wealthy, functioning government and opportunities abound. Bail out of subzero temps maybe?
Why jump at all?....

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by DaliDali]

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by DaliDali]

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 05:50 PM

Well, Yes, sort of.

The point was the "educational level" of voters .... within the two groups identified by Pew Research .... which carried the vote for Hillary ... Poor and Rich

The "middle class" supported Trump ... as found by Pew... link supplied above some place

Personally I don't find higher education as a guarantee of reasonable thought in all cases.

Another question which could be helpful is assessing the educational level of voter's ... the area of study of those who voted for Hillary with higher education in the STEM Education field compared to those with higher education that voted for Trump with the same area of study in STEM field :biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by wessongroup]
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 08:28 PM

The demographic group of white males without college diplomas who voted for Trump is valid. They voted for Trump because they were the ones who were screwed the most under Obama. And knew it would continue with Hillary.
Just because they have no diplomas on their walls doesn`t mean they are stupid and blind.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 06:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  
No sabe "proclivity" of Canadians to jump the northern fence, when Canada is a first world country, relatively wealthy, functioning government and opportunities abound. Bail out of subzero temps maybe?
Why jump at all?....

I don't know, but 13 million per year immigrated legally, which is surprising in itself. Especially considering the favorable living conditions in Canada. I guess we really are a "shining city on the hill."

Happy New Year!!!

John
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 07:24 AM

I don't know, but 13 million per year immigrated legally, which is surprising in itself. Especially considering the favorable living conditions in Canada. I guess we really are a "shining city on the hill."

Happy New Year!!!

John[/rquote]

Very interesting and Happy New Year!

Making America Great Again
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 08:02 AM

Why jump at all?....

Happy New Year!!!

John

Remember John...….those 13 million are non immigrants...
Those that visit, schooling, temporary work or other reasons not associated with permanent residence.
Who go home when it's all done (or the vast majority)
Nor harm no foul there.

Maybe it's just a few "beacons of light" rather than a thousand

For "immigrants" seeking to live in the US and become legal residents, there is a whole different set of numbers.

Which can be found here>>>

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/yearbook/2017/tab...

Canada numbers for actual people wanting to take up legal residence in the USA is FY 2017 18.5K

Browned skinned South America is 75.5K FY 2017
Brown skinned Central America is 52.9K FY 2017
Brown skinned Mexico is 167K FY 2017
Africa is 166.6K FY 2017

Brown skinned Asia is 404K FY 2017

Brown skinned Caribbean is 173.7K FY 2017

White skinned Europe is 89.7K FY 2017

Which shoots down the assertion by one Nomad member, that the USA is racist and bigoted towards brown skinned peoples.

Happy New Years to you and yours....

Check out the webcam at Silver Lake resort in the June lake loop area of the Sierras, for the snow pack(or lack of)....one of my favorite hangouts.
http://silverlakeresort.net/live-webcam-lake/

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 08:20 AM

Check out the webcam at Silver Lake resort in the June lake loop area of the Sierras, for the snow pack(or lack of)....one of my favorite hangouts.
http://silverlakeresort.net/live-webcam-lake/

I'm pretty sure a friends brother-in-law's family owns that place! I like to camp in that area as well. The tiny campground up by Walker Lake is a nice little spot, and both Walker and Parker are so beautiful, Parker especially scenic hike. Nice little outlet creek at Parker for some fun brookies and browns.

John

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by John Harper]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 10:30 AM
The Klan's Candidate of Choice

While impossible to prove, reason and empirical evidence (including endorsements) make it fairly certain that (statistically) virtually all White Supremacists, etc. who voted for President chose Trump. The alternatives would have been Clinton or Stein.

Go ahead and try to make an argument that either of those would have been the choice for ANY of the "Make America White First" crowd.

Athbhlian faoi mhaise dhuit

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by MrBillM]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-1-2019 at 01:11 PM

While impossible to prove, reason and empirical evidence (including endorsements) make it fairly certain that (statistically) virtually all White Supremacists, etc. who voted for President chose Trump. The alternatives would have been Clinton or Stein.

Go ahead and try to make an argument that either of those would have been the choice for ANY of the "Make America White First" crowd.

Athbhlian faoi mhaise dhuit

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by MrBillM]

-------and your conclusion is???????

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, too, Bill.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.