Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Easiest route to Sentri lane
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 06:55 AM
Easiest route to Sentri lane

I'm heading north through Mexicali on Hwy 5 and need to get to the Sentri lane crossing at the west gate. Is there an easier way than going the old route and following the border "wall" to the signed detour? The detour is well signed but I figured there must be a better way off of 5.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 09:46 AM
Paul W I believe posted it

About a month ago I believe Paul W posted a new route. It does not follow the traditional go to the border and turn left but rather heads west and approaches almost directly from the south.

Probably you can do a search here and find it, or whoever posted it will respond.

We use the Mexicali east SENTRI with ease, but that's not what you asked.

John M
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 04:28 PM

Stay on the main road into mexicali. Go past the shopping center and turn left on James w stone ave. At the second stop turn rt on the new river road (blvd. Los presidentes ). That will take you straight to sentri.
You could also take a left (under the bridge) at Walter mart and go to the river road and turn rt.

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-29-2018 at 06:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MICK  
Stay on the main road into mexicali. Go past the shopping center and turn left on James w stone ave. At the second stop turn rt on the new river road (blvd. Los presidentes ). That will take you straight to sentri.
You could also take a left (under the bridge) at Walter mart and go to the river road and turn rt.

In the age of GPS we get this? How about laying down some tracks?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 02:10 PM

[/rquote]

I had to laugh - the first and only time I cross Mexicali East was October. The road on my printed Baja Bound instructions was closed off, so I had to follow my GPS. Got me there but there was a 1/2 mile long line....me being confused at the time kept driving past it hoping it was NOT the Sentri line. Turned out it was Sentri and Ready lanes, but when I got to the lane entry a car was stopped for some reason giving a big gap. So I entered. I really didn't cut anyone off because most people in line were for the ready lane, not so much for Sentri.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by MICK  

In the usa i use my phone w/ gps
When i cross into mexico, i turn off my smart phone and open up my telcel flip phone. And, hard for some to imagine, but i dont use gps... the rare time i need a map, i pull out paper.

I suspect some kids today that tell us paper is is obsolete simply cant find themselves w/o their phone telling them where they are :lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

In the usa i use my phone w/ gps
When i cross into mexico, i turn off my smart phone and open up my telcel flip phone. And, hard for some to imagine, but i dont use gps... the rare time i need a map, i pull out paper.

I suspect some kids today that tell us paper is is obsolete simply cant find themselves w/o their phone telling them where they are :lol:

I was into boating way before offroading. Always had paper charts, but when you are out on the Pacific and the fog rolls in and you can't see past the bow of the boat, a paper chart isn't gonna do chit for you.

Remember being about 10 miles off the marina in Ventura about 15 years ago. It went from a clear day to zero visibility in 20 mins.

We navigated right into the break water while others were calling the coast guard crying and begging them to come out and help them in.

Been hooked on technology for a very long time, and outside of SoC guidebooks, don't own a single Baja paper map.

[Edited on 12-31-2018 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2018 at 06:16 PM

This is the easiest way I have found to get to the Sentri lanes at the Mexicali west boarder...

Sorry, my mapping skills are terrible, but basically follow the red dots (Left on Calzada James W. Stone then Right on Calzada de los Presidentes) then there are easy to read signs that direct you to the Sentri.

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by WestyWanderer]

Map.png - 244kB

[Edited on 1-1-2019 by WestyWanderer]
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2019 at 09:18 AM

Thanks Westy, I needed that.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2019 at 03:00 PM

Happy to help.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.